American=World Champion???

Americans will win the worlds this year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No idea...

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
... don't know, how much does it cost to fly Japan->America?, cause you're not going to tell me that there aren't a lot of Japaneses

I told you already, POP cannot set up Worlds in Japan BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION THERE! I agree, there are probably more Japanese than American players, but it simply cannot be done.

I live in Australia now, but I used to live in Malaysia. I know several players in Malaysia that are world class, I compare their decks with World Championship ones and still rate theirs better. However, I have no idea how good are people from the US, so I voted 'no idea'. Lol, if only my parents let me participate in any tournaments.

RE:  American=World Champion???

uchihasasuke said:
I live in Australia now, but I used to live in Malaysia. I know several players in Malaysia that are world class, I compare their decks with World Championship ones and still rate theirs better. However, I have no idea how good are people from the US, so I voted 'no idea'. Lol, if only my parents let me participate in any tournaments.

Comparing decks to the World decks is no way to tell how good players will be in THIS format. It is also doesn't help that YOU would rate them better than them. How do you know for sure that they are, in fact, better? Considering you've don't go to tournaments, I would find it hard to believe that you can truely say which deck is better than which by just looking at it.

I would like someone living outside of the USA and Japan to win, because there is a big discrepancy in the "origin" of the players participating, I mean the number of them.
I am sure that becoming in the top places of USA National Championships is really, really hard, but i also think that it is unfair that becoming in 2nd place in a National Championship in Europe doesn't give you the travel payed.

Et cute-mew, je crois que tu gagneras et j'espère que tu leur montreras que dans l'étranger nous aussi savions  bien jouer aux cartes.

Translation: cute-mew, I believe that you’ll win and I hope that you will show them that in the other coutries players also know how to play tcg.

Sizor_Lugia said:
Et cute-mew, je crois que tu gagneras et j'espère que tu leur montreras que dans l'étranger nous aussi savions  bien jouer aux cartes.
NOOOOOOOOO, French is my worst subject, It's vacation, don't do this to me...*sob, sob*

anyways, thanks, well, I tried my deck out against SD and BSL and noticed that it needs some changes, but with those changes it might be able to win

Sizor_Lugia said:
I would like someone living outside of the USA and Japan to win, because there is a big discrepance in the "origin" of the players participating.
I am sure that become in the top places of USA National Championships is really, really hard, but i also think that it is unfair that becoming in 2nd place in a National Championship in Europe doesn't give you the travell payed.

Translation: cute-mew, I believe that you’ll win and I hope that you will show them that in the other coutries players also know how to play tcg.

Do you know Freddy K. or Sami S.? They personally have vouched that the US Nationals is several times tougher than European Nationals (at least the ones in the UK and France). 2nd place in Europe doesn't give a trip? Blame your LD, do NOT blame the United States OR POP. They do not control that.

Cute-Mew is probably a great player, but if you really want to know the truth, the fact that he or she is in 11-14 causes a lot of problems. Most of the high-end Pokemon players only care about what goes on in the 15+, as they should, considering it is by far the toughest age group. A foreigner winning in 11-14 will prove little to nothing to much of the United States.

well of course I know that USA Nationals involve much more players and decks, I said it in my reply. I am not making a comparison...
And I am only incentivating cute-mew, I know that he will need to face top players and that he will need lot of luck to be in top places.

But I think that should be given more chances to players outside the USA and Japan, and of couse a single foreign player - first has almost no chances, second like you said that wouldn't make a big difference if eventually he wins.

And i am not blamming POP and USA. I respect them, and I am just suggesting something that I think that would balance the Worlds Championships.

Sizor_Lugia said:
well of course I know that USA Nationals involve much more players and decks, I said it in my reply. I am not making a comparison...
And I am only incentivating cute-mew, I know that he will need to face top players and that he will need lot of luck to be in top places.

But I think that should be given more chances to players outside the USA and Japan, and of couse a single foreign player - first has almost no chances, second like you said that wouldn't make a big difference if eventually he wins.

And i am not blamming POP and USA. I respect them, and I am just suggesting something that I think that would balance the Worlds Championships.

In fact, that is EXACTLY what POP was trying to do this year. The American invites were cut DRASTICALLY, for example, our Regionals no longer gave invites AND we had less Gym Challenges. Where did all these extra invites go to? The Local Distributors for various companies. Unfortunately, POP can not force the LD's to use these invites, so therefore, they didn't. POP was indeed trying to balanced out the World Championship to make it more of the "world" aspect, but the LD's simply weren't cooperating.

anyways, I know that even if I would win, people would hate me more then cheer for me, and they wouldn't even notice, I would be a hero in Europe, but a just someone form Europe who had a lot of luck in America
anyways, last year's no4 11->14 was Belgium, almost nobody knows about him, or what deck he played *lost to him*, so I know it wouldn't make a difference

well thanks for informing me about that (perhaps I shouldn't discuss about things that i do not completely know :(.)

but about what you said, there is also involved the word money. Paying a trip to a foreign player costs a lot. Why do not give that invite to a player in the USA.

I am glad that POP tried to balance worlds, but unfortunately LD's don't think the same...

edit: and cute-mew I remember him. Again I bought all the worlds decks. I will not put here names but he played dragtrode - the name of his deck was "Dark Air" I think

cute-mew said:
anyways, I know that even if I would win, people would hate me more then cheer for me, and they wouldn't even notice, I would be a hero in Europe, but a just someone form Europe who had a lot of luck in America
anyways, last year's no4 11->14 was Belgium, almost nobody knows about him, or what deck he played *lost to him*, so I know it wouldn't make a difference

Yeah, exactly. Just to add to it, Stuart Benson, the WORLD CHAMPION in 11-14 gets no recognition either, and he also took Nats. All people ever talk about when they hear "2005 World Championship" are Jermy, google, and Pablo.

Sizor_Lugia said:
well thanks for informing me about that (perhaps I shouldn't discuss about things that i do not completely know :(.)

but about what you said, there is also involved the word money. Paying a trip to a foreign player costs a lot. Why do not give that invite to a player in the USA.

I am glad that POP tried to balance worlds, but unfortunately LD's don't think the same...

edit: and cute-mew I remember him. Again I bought all the worlds decks. I will not put here names but he played dragtrode - the name of his deck was "Dark Air" I think

They'll probably give those invites back to the US next year unless the LDs contact POP and say that they'll give out the extra invites.

no, to the one above me, I always edit my posts when I did something wrong

hey, aren't those invites for the LCQ (don't know)

anyways, glad to know that there'll be less Americans

he called it dark air, *laughs*, this'll give me something to insult him while we're on the plane (can you believe he still plays the exact same deck)

and how about BF?, shuts him down completely

anyways, in a month I'll be at worlds, so every advice is welcome, this thread is really helpful, thanks guys

Well, i'm pretty sure if you win Worlds, a lot of people would consider you as a hero :p. Anyway, all is Media's fault. Media gets more money if they announce a winner or something with a potential chance of generating mountains of money, which, by the way, are winners. People want to see winners, sponsors want more money, that can be generated by media announcing what people want to see.

EDIT: Advices? Well, I can see that your english is pretty good. That can be really useful in Worlds. Another, try not to get nervous or overjoyed. That can lead you to a lot of errors that might lead your poor soul to a horrible destiny, such as losing Worlds. Stay cool all the time.

Lord9511 said:
Well, i'm pretty sure if you win Worlds, a lot of people would consider you as a hero :p.
all you guys here at PB would, but who else would care?

I would be really happy if you could pm me the deck list (not all, just general) .
You know much more about strategy than me, but sometimes I have good ideas:D.

Back