Alternative to Claydol and Uxie?

Blue Thunder

so long!
OK, I'm not posting this thread because "I hate Claydol/Uxie". I'm posting this thread because of a lack of them. You see, me and my 2 siblings share cards. We have 2 Claydol and 1 Uxie...enough for one person, that being me. However, what about the other two people? In order to get 4 more Claydol and 2 more Uxie, that's about $100-120...not an amount I want to spend.

So, I come here with my question: Is there any alternative to Claydol/Uxie? It doesn't have to be quite up to the standards those two are, but it at least needs to provide decent drawpower. Also, it should do its thing with a Power, as attacking isn't favorable. Another thing to note (though it quite obvious) is that it shouldn't be all too expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Then Unown R is perfect for you! I believe there is an article about Unown R in the article section: it works wonders, especially for donk decks! ^_^

Or your siblings could run Scizor/Cherrim... ;)

a cheap alterative is 4 prof rowans and 4 pokedrawer but it isn't anywhere near as powerful or consistent as claydol/ but it does work well.

If you can wait until the next set, Staraptor Lv.X, Porygon2 and VS Seeker are a wonderful combo with Volkner for a Claydol effect.

Staraptor searches for Volkners, Porygon2 uses Download, and VS Seeker puts it back in your hand.

I'll try to note down as much engines a I can from the top of my head

Bronzong MT + Bronzong SF
Dusknoir SF (+ Dusknoir DP and/or Level X)
Unown R LA
Lunatone GE + Solrock GE
Unown N + Unown O + Unown D (+ Banette PL)
Gardevoir SW
Porygon2 GE
Magnezone SF (metal)
Beedrill RR
draw power (e.g. Prof. Oaks Visit, Felicity's Drawing or Volkner's Philosophy)
refresh power (e.g. Cynthia's Feelings, Prof. Rowan or Looker's Investigation)
trainers (e.g. PokéDex HANDY910is, Poké Drawer +, Poké Radar or all kinds of Poké Balls)
stadiums (e.g. Speed Stadium or Pokémon Contest Hall)
Tools and TMs (e.g. Amulet Coin or Technical Machine TS-1)
draw starter (e.g. Lopunny LA or Aerodactyl GL RR)
other starters (e.g. Jirachi LA and RR, Sableye SW and SF, Furret SW or Phione MD (holo))
Call for Family (e.g. Call Energy or Pachirisu GE)

Medaforcer said:
I think Furret's ability to get any two cards kind of makes up a cheap claydol replacement.

Yep. I would say SF Sableye, SW Furret, LA Loupunny, Any Jirachi, or PT Vulpix combo'd with a bunch of supporters might be your best bet. Sure, it requires an attack, but often you want something active to stall anyway.

Do they play competitively?If not,then i advice you to just proxy them,otherwise,looker's or volkner's and pokedrawers can do the trick.

you could also try going to a place that sells singles and look for cards. i found a RH uxie for 25c one time, and two other people found claydol for $1.00. but if you ca't do that then i suggest either furret or sableye. the other draw engines just aren't as good, furret and sableye will both help you set up early game, it just might be hard late game.

Bippa201 said:
If you can wait until the next set, Staraptor Lv.X, Porygon2 and VS Seeker are a wonderful combo with Volkner for a Claydol effect.

Staraptor searches for Volkners, Porygon2 uses Download, and VS Seeker puts it back in your hand.

That would work...but Staraptor will probably cost more than Claydol and Uxie. :/ Sigh...

Anyway, I think I will consider Furret SW and some other cards that were listed. One of them runs an SP deck, so I'm probably going to end up using something like Unown R and some draw/refresh support for him.

My other sibling is doing OK using Minun, Jirachi, and Pachirisu. I haven't seen them wiff on the draw yet.

elekid: I would try that, but sadly I don't know of any place even close to here where they sell cards. If I ever do find some for cheap, I'll get them.

Blue Thunder said:
Bippa201 said:

That would work...but Staraptor will probably cost more than Claydol and Uxie. :/ Sigh...

Anyway, I think I will consider Furret SW and some other cards that were listed. One of them runs an SP deck, so I'm probably going to end up using something like Unown R and some draw/refresh support for him.

My other sibling is doing OK using Minun, Jirachi, and Pachirisu. I haven't seen them wiff on the draw yet.

elekid: I would try that, but sadly I don't know of any place even close to here where they sell cards. If I ever do find some for cheap, I'll get them.
Ehh...LOLZ no. Staraptor FB Lv.X will be cheaper I believe, unless it will be a new drawpower.

infmach said:
Ehh...LOLZ no. Staraptor FB Lv.X will be cheaper I believe, unless it will be a new drawpower.

I bet it will be one of those $10 Lv. X's. Good, but not that good. The problem is level X'ing it though. I don't remember the last time I saw someone bothering to X their Uxie. Its just too difficult. Granted Staraptor FB has free retreat I think.

Switch+free retreat doesnt seem to be much of a problem does it?

Aerodactyl GL is OK, but personally, I think Volkner's is the only real substitute that can replace Claydol/Uxie. Unfortunately.

dmaster out.

infmach said:
Blue Thunder said:
Bippa201 said:

Ehh...LOLZ yes. Staraptor LV. X will be so hyped it will be over $20, rest assured. It may dwindle as sets get released, but I don't think it will be cheaper than $15. Non-tin Level Xs rarely go under $15. (The only ones I can think are Honchy, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Drapion, and Mismagius GL....and those are worse than Staraptor.)

They'll be at least on par with Claydol and Uxie for a while, if not slightly more.

It is search power, and if people Porygon2 in an SP deck with it, Staraptor is amazing. Cyrus and Marley are hot in that combo.

Well, I think your main focus should be what kind of deck your currently using. Decks like Any SP deck, Gengar, [sometimes] Kingdra, etc. Run 1-1 Claydol MAX while running at least 2 Uxies (SP usually run Uxie Lv. X).

But if you play a deck like Machamp, Flygon, [sometimes] Kingdra or any heavy Stage 2 card then yea 2-2 Claydol is required but not always with that lone Uxie.

So, it really comes down to the kind of deck you want to build/kind of deck you already own.

Also Claydol prices have been going down recently, they are no longer at the $25 for Non Holo stage anymore. Unless of course you go online overpriced online stores. But generally eBay you can find Claydols for the $15-$18 which beats buying a Lv. X for the same price while doing the same thing.

EBay is the only place I have ever used...

I haven't seen too much of a decline in prices of Claydol, though. A slight drop, yes, but they are still high.

Right now, they run Blazetran and an SP spread deck. I'd really love to get them some Uxie and Claydol...but alas, I can't just shell out $100+ dollars....hence why I posted this.

Hmmm...as of now, it looks like I'd need 1 Uxie LV. X, 3 Uxie, and 3 Claydol. $140ish, right there. :/

Blue Thunder said:
Hmmm...as of now, it looks like I'd need 1 Uxie LV. X, 3 Uxie, and 3 Claydol. $140ish, right there. :/

My friend went 5-0 with no uxie or claydol at nationals modified. A really good player can do well without them. It was a dusknoir deck btw.

Blue Thunder said:
infmach said:
Blue Thunder said:
Bippa201 said:

Ehh...LOLZ yes. Staraptor LV. X will be so hyped it will be over $20, rest assured. It may dwindle as sets get released, but I don't think it will be cheaper than $15. Non-tin Level Xs rarely go under $15. (The only ones I can think are Honchy, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Drapion, and Mismagius GL...and those are worse than Staraptor.)

They'll be at least on par with Claydol and Uxie for a while, if not slightly more.

It is search power, and if people Porygon2 in an SP deck with it, Staraptor is amazing. Cyrus and Marley are hot in that combo.

Ehh...LOLZ but when it will be hyped, when something redifines the metagame, doooooooooooooooowwwn the price.

Back