Altaria Too good to be true need Opinions on how this card works

Galladedude14

Aspiring Trainer
I have obtained a new Altaria from the platinum expansion and it sounds too good to be true now iwould like you to take a look at the midnight eyes attack and perish song

[attachment=5166]

Now Perish Song says that if the defending pokemon is asleep and damged or Affected by midnight Eyes during your last turn the defending pokemon is now knocked out now my problem is can you kill A pokemon in two turns with midnight eyes then the next turn perish song Because as long as it has been affected by midnight eyes it is knocked out now i just want to have some backing up to my theory so i can us it in my deck just tell what you think i can and can not do Thanks

Attachments

• 18-altaria.jpg
    18-altaria.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
yes you can do midnight eyes and then perish song to knock something out in 2 turns, but it still has to be asleep. also things like unown G or toxicroaks body will stop perish song from working.

You need several things to happen for this to work correctly:
1.) Attack first with Midnight Eyes, and put them to sleep. This is prevented if the Defending Pokemon has Unown G attached or has a PokeBody like Toxicroak G or Bibarel SF which prevents effects of attacks.
2.) On your next attacking turn, the Defending Pokemon must not have been removed from the active spot by any means (retreating, Warp point, Evolving, being PokeTurn'd, etc.)
3.) On your next attacking turn, that same Defending Pokemon must be Asleep. It does NOT have to be Asleep via Midnight Eyes however! IF last turn you used Midnight Eyes, put them to sleep, and they woke up, you can successfully put them BACK to sleep on this turn with a PokePower Like Darkrai MD's "Darkness Shade" or Wigglytuff GE's "Good Night Melody" and still make Perish Song work effectively.

If all of the above requirements are met, then YES, you can now successfully knock out the Defending Pokemon with Perish Song.
^Hope this helps =]

Back