Discussion Altaria Draco Melody

Shawn11189

Aspiring Trainer
Does this attack ignore evolution rules like could i search for and bench say a dragonite or noivern gx.

Correct; it allows you to search out any Dragon-Type and play it to the Bench. The only exceptions are going to be Pokémon that would be "incomplete" if played this way, like Hydreigon BREAK.

Correct; it allows you to search out any Dragon-Type and play it to the Bench. The only exceptions are going to be Pokémon that would be "incomplete" if played this way, like Hydreigon BREAK.

Awesome. Sounds like a good way to cheat some stage 2s into play.

Awesome. Sounds like a good way to cheat some stage 2s into play.

It is a way to play Dragon-Type Stage 1 or 2 Pokémon directly to the Bench. I don't think it sounds like a good way, but I may be mistaken: you have to run a Stage 1 line, Evolving into said Stage 1, attach an Energy, attack, and get "heads" on a coin flip. Even with Wally so you don't have to wait to Evolve (though only relevant when going second) and Victini w/Victory Star or the Tool Trick Coin, things are barely faster than manually Evolving a Stage 2 via Rare Candy and probably a lot less reliable.

Don't let that stop you from having fun or experimenting with it... just don't trade a small fortune in cards to obtain a playset, or rush to a tournament without a lot of testing beforehand.

It is a way to play Dragon-Type Stage 1 or 2 Pokémon directly to the Bench. I don't think it sounds like a good way, but I may be mistaken: you have to run a Stage 1 line, Evolving into said Stage 1, attach an Energy, attack, and get "heads" on a coin flip. Even with Wally so you don't have to wait to Evolve (though only relevant when going second) and Victini w/Victory Star or the Tool Trick Coin, things are barely faster than manually Evolving a Stage 2 via Rare Candy and probably a lot less reliable.

Don't let that stop you from having fun or experimenting with it... just don't trade a small fortune in cards to obtain a playset, or rush to a tournament without a lot of testing beforehand.

Going to see how reliable it is before hand. I'm mostly going to main noivern gx. With probably silvally gx i don't have any local turneys so everything is just casual.

Back