Already bored with PA

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
So I've read over the Platinum Arceus scans. Over and Over. I've got the good ones practically memorized. I've discussed the strategies, and techs. I've argued about why I think Arceus decks own. I've even tested all of the deck Ideas I had with proxies. And now I'm already bored with the set, and it just came out today.

I kind of miss the days where my friends and I all bought some packs and well all looked at each other's cards to find out what was new. Maybe I should stop looking at the scans. But they're so tempting. Its like when you find out where your parents hid the Christmas presents and they aren't wrapped yet. You know it will spoil the surprise, but you just can't help it...

oh man we havent even scratched the surface yet. somene will make a good arceus deck eventually the japanese made a super solid on apparently, so that will be cool to see. and i guess bein bored with the scans doesnt mean we shouldnt go buy a box and see how pretty all the cards look in RL. and shame on you for peeking at the christmas presents :( the surprise makes it fun.

Your arguments aren't good.
A) Spiritomb will stop trainers, thus preventing getting Arceus set up.
B) Your hand count will dwindle quickly after playing your trainers and no Uxie/Claydol to use.
C) Machamp eats you alive.

chanman45 said:
Your arguments aren't good.
A) Spiritomb will stop trainers, thus preventing getting Arceus set up.
B) Your hand count will dwindle quickly after playing your trainers and no Uxie/Claydol to use.
C) Machamp eats you alive.

Except that
A) Call energy sets up the deck extremely well too
B) the deck doesn't need that many cards, so an occasional Volkner's or Cynthia's is just fine
C) Unown G eats Machamp alive.

A) So you get 2 arceus, are you going to do that the next 2 turns?
B)You need
Arceus X
Stadium
All arceus out
an attack to get 6 energies
the trainers to get set up
the occasional unown g/q

C)Machamp can still use hurricane punch

Also, Dusknoir/Palkia G X/MT/LA Pixies will eat you alive/hinder you

Pokemon is becoming stale unfortunately. There are less inventive combos and ideas being put on the table. I don't know if its just me but pokemon is falling ever so slightly every set. There almost out!

chanman45 said:
A) So you get 2 arceus, are you going to do that the next 2 turns?
B)You need
Arceus X
Stadium
All arceus out
an attack to get 6 energies
the trainers to get set up
the occasional unown g/q

C)Machamp can still use hurricane punch

Also, Dusknoir/Palkia G X/MT/LA Pixies will eat you alive/hinder you

Don't knock it till you try it. I Usually you get 2-3 arceus in my opening hand and almost always get a turn 1 or two ripple wave.

Back