• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Alolan Ninetales-GX/Blastoise/Starmie

ShuffleMcDeck

Break hearts, not the meta.
Hello there wonderful visitor! The whole point of this deck is to set up for a turn or two, then keep reusing Alolan Ninetales' Blizzard Edge until kingdom come. Please let me know what you guys think so I can improve it!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Keldeo SLG 26
* 1 Lapras-GX SUM 139
* 2 Squirtle BCR 29
* 1 Staryu BKP 25
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 1 Starmie EVO 31
* 1 Wartortle BCR 30
* 2 Blastoise BCR 31

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 1 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 11

* 9 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Now I know what it looks like. "Ah another trainer that must be taught the ways of consistency." I totally get that, but in testing, all these one-ofs have actually had an impact, although I would love to be proved wrong in the name of consistency (and yes, another Zoroark line would make it clunkier). To reiterate, the whole point of this deck is to use and abuse the Blastoise-Starmie engine to either hit 160-190 every turn or scramble into another attacker. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Play more Choice Band, and probably only choose 1 stadium to play, then play higher counts of that. The thing about one-ofs, is that when they're important cards like Rare Candy, stadiums, or Choice Band, they generally end up making an impact because they're, well, important. Which is why most decks play high counts of their important cards. Rough Seas is not very good when There's less than 3-4, so it'd probably be better to play higher counts of Brooklet Hill anyway. Drop the Splash Energy. It does practically nothing. Play a 9th basic water in it's place so at least Starmie can get it back. Oh, and Deluge doesn't work on Splash Energy because while not in play, it counts as a colorless Energy. It also wouldn't hurt to play Exeggcute from Plasma Freeze, because it's ability, Propagation essentially makes Space Beacon and Trade free.
P.S. you forgot an Ace Spec.

Play more Choice Band, and probably only choose 1 stadium to play, then play higher counts of that. The thing about one-ofs, is that when they're important cards like Rare Candy, stadiums, or Choice Band, they generally end up making an impact because they're, well, important. Which is why most decks play high counts of their important cards. Rough Seas is not very good when There's less than 3-4, so it'd probably be better to play higher counts of Brooklet Hill anyway. Drop the Splash Energy. It does practically nothing. Play a 9th basic water in it's place so at least Starmie can get it back. Oh, and Deluge doesn't work on Splash Energy because while not in play, it counts as a colorless Energy. It also wouldn't hurt to play Exeggcute from Plasma Freeze, because it's ability, Propagation essentially makes Space Beacon and Trade free.
P.S. you forgot an Ace Spec.
Thanks for the tips ma dude! I agree completely about Choice Band and yes I still need an Ace Spec, I'm definitely gonna use your advice in future edits.

Updated the list!

changes:

-1 Rough Seas - 1 Brooklet Hill
-1 Float Stone - 1 Muscle Band (still haven't gotten me more choice bands but it actually put muscle band actually puts in decent work especially considering the Japanese format right now)

I still have yet to procure an Ace Spec, and I am currently considering cutting either Cyrus {*} and/or Lapras-GX. I've also considered both cutting Float Stone completely and reintegrating Rough Seas. In Float Stone's case it's just an invitation for your average Guzma stall, but reintegrating Rough Seas is a very solid option (seeing as how many Buzzwoles are around). If anyone seeing this has an opinion to share, I welcome, even urge you to share it.

Last edited:
Actually, Buzzwole isn't all that popular in expanded. It faces problems like Night March and Zoroark and if it doesn't play the right techs, it can be easily overpowered by both of them. Although, I'm currently working on making the deck great :p

However, Rough Seas is awesome for a lot of other reasons. If you are playing against Koko/Dusknoir, Rough Seas is an autowin condition. And if you aren't OHKO'd consistently, Rough Seas/Ice Path heals everything off. Personally, it might be worth looking at Pokemon Center Lady just to have healing, and a way to get out of any sort of Laserbank combo. But then again, that card was good in standard because decks weren't blowing everything up on the second turn of the game.

However, Rough Seas is awesome for a lot of other reasons. If you are playing against Koko/Dusknoir, Rough Seas is an autowin condition. And if you aren't OHKO'd consistently, Rough Seas/Ice Path heals everything off. Personally, it might be worth looking at Pokemon Center Lady just to have healing, and a way to get out of any sort of Laserbank combo. But then again, that card was good in standard because decks weren't blowing everything up on the second turn of the game.
I actually just took another trip to cut city with a -1 Cyrus {*} for +1 Rough Seas. I made the same conclusion as you did right before visiting this thread again.

Back