• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Muk-GX (The Deck To End All Decks)

BroGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone my name is Jay from BrogamingTCG and today I thought I would spell out my deck for Alolan Muk-GX. Alolan Muk GX is a card that I have found very interesting since it was revealed and something I can't wait to try and play. I thing that this deck could prove to be an okay deck in the standard format and with the right skill you could have very good luck with this deck.

I would like to know anyone's comments on this deck good or bad, everything helps. Please let me know what you would change and how you think this deck will preform in the standard format. Also check out the video below for the in-depth guide to this deck and also I talk about how it will square up against potential match-ups in the standard format, so please check out that. Thanks :)!

Deck List::
Pokemon (15)

4 - Alolan Grimer
3 - Alolan Muk-GX
1 - Alolan Muk (SM)
1 - Drampa-GX
2 - Tapu Lele-GX
2 - Salandit
2 - Salazzle

Trainers (33)
4 - Ultra Ball
3 - Devolution Spray
2 - Field Blower
3 - Choice Band
2 - Rescue Stretcher
2 - Nest Ball
2 - Po Town
4 - Professor Sycamore
3 - N
2 - Hala
3 - Guzma
2 - Acerola
1 - Brigette

Energy (12)
8 - Darkness Energy
4 - Double Colorless Energy

Video On The Deck

Nice! I've been working on a list for Muk. I feel like this Muk is much more competitive. Nice job!

The cards that I would like to add in the deck are:

1. Skyla
-Being able to search for Po Town, Devo Spray, or any other card sounds pretty good

2.Olivia
- To search out Alolan Muk GX

The cards that I would like to add in the deck are:

1. Skyla
-Being able to search for Po Town, Devo Spray, or any other card sounds pretty good

2.Olivia
- To search out Alolan Muk GX
Both are good to add in the deck you could easily take a guzma out and put in Olivia. Might be something I play test...

Hello I am relatively new to the game could you walk threw the strategy with this deck? Thank you
As a new player I wouldn't suggest this deck IMO but the gist of this deck revolves around putting conditions(Poison/Burn) with Salazzle and then hitting with Alolan Muk GX for high damage. Early game you want to use Brigette to get out your grimers and salandits. Then you want to start evolving salandit into salazzle to put conditions on your opponent's Pokemon. You want alolan Muk GX to be your active so you can use his first attack to do heavy damage. The problem with this deck is that you need to constantly place conditions on your opponent's pokemon to do good damage. There are much faster decks that don't require all the set up.

Last edited:
Also which Grimer would you use? Sun and moon lets you poison the opponent but burning shadows let's you search for more grimers.

Back