• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Golem

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
i have been playing around with Alolan Golem from Guardians and have had some pretty good success. Here is the list

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Victini GRI 10
* 4 Alolan Geodude GRI 40
* 2 Alolan Graveler GRI 41
* 3 Alolan Golem GRI 42
* 3 Voltorb EVO 39
* 2 Electrode EVO 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 N NVI 101
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 8

* 1 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 7 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The goal is to get as much electric energy...actually you only need one electric and an electrode. With a choice band two heads (which is where victims comes in) does 190 damage to gx-ex, 3 heads does 270 damage. On turn two with a good draw/trainer mail you should be able to rare candy into golem and electrode use electrodes ability to have a golem applying serious pressure with electromagnetic wrecker, in addition an ace trainer puts the opponent down to three cards.

Currently I am 4 wins and 1 loss in early testing. An obvious trash problem I see and have not yet faced yet is the large number of items... what are your thoughts?

Alolan Vulpix might not be a bad idea to add because it searches out pieces of the Golem line, as well as Victini, without having to use Ultra Ball.

Aether Paradise only works on basic Electric and Grass Pokemon, so Golem is unaffected by it. Until rotation hits, drop it for Rough Seas. Add in a second Lysandre because one isn't enough. 3 Ace Trainers is overkill; I'd drop them down to 1. Max Elixir works best in decks that use 10+ basic energies, so get rid of those for 2 more Choice Bands. Field Blower is best at 2 copies to optimize tool/stadium removal. Trainers' Mail has fallen out of favor because of Trashalanche Garbodor running around. Because this deck relies on getting multiple Golem ready, you might want to add in Brigette to get your bench set up fast (remove the Level Balls).

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I will make some changes. I forgot Aether Paradise was basic only...I originally had it in a deck with koko and rainout I had cloned. Makes sense about the max elixir. I agree about trainers mail, the only reason I have them is to search out rare candy, maybe I can add a skyla or as you mentioned with vulpix search out and try to play a slower evolution game. As for ace trainer I like the chances of having one in hand for turn two when I loose a basic or preferably using electrode ability. I had thought about adding a Bridgette.

Changes
- 2 Aether Paradise
- 2 max elixir
- 3 level balls
- 1 Ace trainer

+ 1 N
+ 1 Bridgette
+ 2 Alolan vulpix
+ 1 field blower
+ 1 choice band
+ 1 Tapu Lele...allow ease to get needed supporters

Thank you for the advice