ALL 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Discuss! First person to spot the two "things" in the scans and PMs me with the answers wins a special prize! :D

EDIT: Contest over.

RE: 115+ 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

So Goodra's in this set, as seen by the the set list from yesterday. Goodra would be really good for stopping your opponent from playing Tool F on your Pokemon, but the wording on Goodra is "Each player can't play attach any Pokemon Tool cards from his or her hand to his or her Pokemon." so you can still play Tool F. PCL, u maek me cry ery tim ;-;

Not sure if this was in the translation or not, but Venemoth actually blocks all Trainer cards, not just items. That could be really scary, actually. Flip tails when playing your only supporter? Too bad, try again. With Enhanced Hammer back in format, Xerosic seems pretty useless. That Diancie is absolutely horrible. Was hoping it was somewhat playable, but nope. Not a big fan of the name Lysandre's Trump Card. Last Resort sounded a lot more epic than that.

No idea what the "thing" is in the scans. Haven't found anything out of the ordinary so far.

EDIT: Robo Substitute doesn't come into play as your active Pokemon, like the translation said. That's definitely a lot worse then. If it did become your active Pokemon, you could discard it and switch into anything you want - basically just a better version of switch - but since it doesn't become your active, it's alright when Mega Evolving, or to switch into with Gengar or Donphan.

Cool cards!

I did notice that Ferilagtar and Pyroar have some sticker thing covering the artist's name.

Wow didn't expect this place would scans of the English Phantom Forces cards so quick. :)

Ultra Pro sleeves typically have that little circle logo on their sleeves; I'd complain about it, but these scans seem larger than usual and I love that so much it makes the little Ultra Pro marks irrelevant. Great job, WPM!

I'm still really sad about renaming Lysandre's Last Resort to Lysandre's Trump Card, but the full-art still has epic artwork. Definitely gonna buy that full-art soon!
A lot of the artwork in this set was really really nice - that whole theme of colourful ectoplasm really paid off. Hopefully they can do some more great artwork themes in future sets, too.

Shame, I was really hoping Robo Sub would force itself into the active spot, oh well.

Anyone else notice that the Tool F card "Jamming Net" says "When this card is removed for any reason, such as your opponent sneezed it off the table, put this card in its owner's discard pile."? I wonder if that could actually be an official ruling lol, probably not.

...I'm sorry--what is this? Dappers mentioned it while I was typing.
98-jamming-net2.jpg
"When this card is removed from a Pokemon for any reason, such as your opponent sneezed it off the table, put this card in its owner's discard pile."

Excuse me?

The other Team Flare Hyper Gear card didn't include that unique wording. I'd be fine with amusing cards and rules, but I don't get this! Ha ha. I mean, with that logic, you could play either of those two cards and attach it to one of your opponent's Pokemon, your opponent just says "Nope!" and removes it from that Pokemon and puts it your discard pile. Rules are rules! Makes about as much sense as sneezing a card of the table, resulting in that card being discarded. Ha ha.

Skeleton Liar said:
98-jamming-net2.jpg
"When this card is removed from a Pokemon for any reason, such as your opponent sneezed it off the table, put this card in its owner's discard pile."

Excuse me?

The other Team Flare Hyper Gear card didn't include that unique wording. I'd be fine with amusing cards and rules, but I don't get this! Ha ha. I mean, with that logic, you could play either of those two cards and attach it to one of your opponent's Pokemon, your opponent just says "Nope!" and removes it from that Pokemon and puts it your discard pile. Rules are rules! Makes about as much sense as sneezing a card of the table, resulting in that card being discarded. Ha ha.

I would so blow this card off the table after it was attached just to mess with someone.. At least the better of the two tool F's doesn't have that card text!

That Liepard can reduce the damage taken by 60 before applying weakness/resistance. Too bad the attack only does 10 damage (and can be canceled out by retreating).

With Plasma Storm Zubat and this set's Golbat and Crobat, you can have a whole evolution line with free retreat. (though the Zubat gets the free retreat from an ability).

Considering it's a common, that Skarmory is not bad. I bet we'll be seeing a lot of these in draft.

Dappers said:
Skeleton Liar said:
98-jamming-net2.jpg

Excuse me?

I would so blow this card off the table after it was attached just to mess with someone.. At least the better of the two tool F's doesn't have that card text!

Well technically, you'd have to sneeze ;) haha

Dappers said:
Skeleton Liar said:
98-jamming-net2.jpg

Excuse me?

Yeah, I was also going to question whether this would encourage people to actually try sneezing that card off their Pokemon, for giggles and lols. "Great, I lost the match AND I caught my opponent's cold! =("

pokedan24 said:
^

That's one advantage to playing online, no sneezing. :D

Maybe they'll add a "try sneezing" button when that cards in play, gotta keep the online experience balanced and equal y'know? lol

I'm so frustrated over not being able to find the other "thing" LOL

I can't believe people actually think my edit is real. I can't even pull a joke these days because people don't even get that it's a joke. :p Though I am laughing because I wonder how many people will try to sneeze this card away tomorrow, haha.

No one found the other edited card yet. I doubt anyone will. :p

Oh... I was wrong... damn it.

EDIT:

So... is the Team Flare card edited?

The edited Team Flare Tool F is named as "98-jamming-net2.jpg" probably because it's renamed from the original print's save file. Unfortunately no other card shown has any clear give away in their file name (at least that my 3am eyeballs can see anyway)

112-mystery-energy.jpg

Has an image on the effect. Also the bottom right corner is cut off a little. Then there's the obvious Jamming Net.

Is the other "thing" the yanmega flavor text? Or does it actually bite off heads?

Blui is right, the mystery energy has the creepy red eyed image from the websites banner

Back