All 165 Cards from “Pokemon Card 151” Revealed: All Kanto Pokemon Reunited After 20 Years!

Really excited to see how Alakazam fairs in competitive play. It definitely seems like the most powerful card in this set, along with the starters and wigglytuff l. I wish my Bois Hitmonlee and Kabutops got ex cards but maybe some day

To any deck already running Beach Court and have the space, will worth run one copy of Zubat? Being able to always know whats in your opponent hand sounds really good

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur ex - the more I saw it, the more I realized that it is a meh Stage 2 ex. At least Fire still sucks atm. 3/3/3
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard ex - decent. 3/3/4
Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise ex - Way too complicated to loop this dmg. 3/3/3-4
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree - meh. 2/2/2
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill - meh. 2/2/2-3
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - meh. 2/2/2
Ratatta/Raticate - when do we see 120 HP Raticate, man? At least a Zorobox option. 3/3
Spearow/Fearow - Good Fearow pls. 4/1
Ekans/Arbok ex - I don't change my opinion on this thing. 2/2-3
Pikachu/Raichu - meh. 3/3
Sandshrew/Sandslash - seems legit Sandshrew, yet the uses only work against decks that play 1-of cards. 3/3
Nidoran lines - I don't like another batch of evo lines. Seems so hassle to pull it off turn 3/3/3, 3/3/3-4
Clefairy/Clefable - Reversal bait user. The dmg seems so low to justify it. 2/3
Vulpix/Ninetales ex - too much effort for the bare minimum. 2/2
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff ex - still excited. 3/4
Zubat/Golbat - Golbat sucks, Zubat basically almost pointless. What's with peeking at your opponent's hand? 3/1
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume - my opinion still stands. Gloom gets you 0, and Vileplume gets you 1-2. 3/3-4/3-4
Paras/Parasect - flipping coins can flip the matchup against you. 3/1
Venonat/Venomoth - 2/2
Diglett/Dugtrio - 1/1
Meowth/Persian - meh. Giovanni just "steals" energy, big L. 3/3
Psyduck/Golduck - nah. 2/2
Mankey/Primeape - gimme a good Primape for Anni pls. 2/2
Growlithe/Arcanine - nah. 4 energy to hit the bare minimum is too much, plus again, Fire still sucks. 3/3
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath - meh. 1/1/1
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam ex - sounds cool for a comeback after 20+ years. Still stage 2 to be considered as a tech card, and 120 is just too short. 2/2/3
Machop/Machoke/Machamp - why tho? 2/2/2
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel - nah. 2/2/2
Tentacool/Tentacruel - nah. 2/2
Geodude/Graveler/Golem ex - another meh ex. 2/2/1-2
Ponyta/Rapidash - 1/1
Slowpoke/Slowbro - we've seen this on Donphan LOR, yet still see nah play. Why do expect the same thing as Slowbro?
Magnemite/Magneton - 1/1
Farfetch'd - 1
Doduo/Dodrio - still not doing enough dmg without exerting too much effort. 3/3
Seel/Dewgong - 1/1
Grimer/Muk - 1/1
Shellder/Cloyster - 2/2
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - Banette gets the job better, yo. 2/3/2
Onix - good default for Steelix ex. 3-4
Drowzee/Hypno - 3/3
Krabby/Kingler - 1/1
Voltorb/Electrode - still the same. 3/3
Cubone/Marowak - good luck looping 150, yo! A couple of Sableyes can screw your setups. 3-4/3
Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan - Hitmonchan, meh. Hitmonlee, alright. 2, 3-4
Lickitung - 1
Koffing/Weezing - nah. 2/2
Rhyhorn/Rhydon - 2/2
Chansey - budget Jirachi PS. 3
Tangela - 2
Kangaskhan ex - 1-2
Horsea/Seadra - meh 2/2
Goldeen/Seaking - 3/3
Staryu/Starmie - bad Flapple. 3/3
Mr. Mime - easily counterable. 2-3
Scyther - 2
Jynx - 3-4
Electabuzz/Magmar - nah. 2/2
Pinsir - meh. 3
Tauros - nah. 2-3
Magikarp/Gyarados - 3/3
Lapras - 2
Ditto - 5
Eevee, Kanto vees - We've seen this on SWSH Boltund before, and we know what happened. 3/3(all)
Omanyte/Omastar- 3/3
Kabuto/Kabutops - BCR Vileplume one-sided. 3/3
Aerodactyl - 3-4
Snorlax - 3
Articuno, Zapdos ex, Moltres - Articuno and Moltres, meh. Zapdos seems has a chance. 3/4/3
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite - 3/3/3
Mewtwo - neh. 3
Mew ex - seems good. 5

Energy Sticker - 4, but we've seen how unplayable Turbo Patch before.
Snatch Arm - 3
Old Fossils - love the revamped concept. 4/4/4
Safety Goggles - basic good. 4
Big Balloon - if Gardevoir HAS a retreat cost. 3
Extra-Tight Bands - 4
Erika's Invitation - 3-4 Seems decent
Giovanni's Charisma - ain't charismatic enough. 3
Bill's Teleport - budget Ultra Ball, may search 1-2 Pokemon. 3
Daisy's Assistance - what's with the peeking your prizes? Alph FOUR does the work before, and draw 2? It's even worse than Hau. 3
Cycling Road - new default stadium. 5

Last edited:
I wonder what the ETB Promo will be. I guess we are getting two Charmander Illustrator Rares since our next set is including one as a promo.

I really hope they keep doing sets like these for all of the other regions. Although I'm wondering how it would work if they did, for example, a Johto set next though. The numbering system wouldn't work (e.g. Chikorita can't be 152/100 or whatever) and several babies and evolutions would be orphaned cards unless some Kanto Pokemon got included too. Johto's Regional dex is also a bit different from the ones in every other game as it fully includes the Kanto 151. If they can figure something out I'd love to see it happen though!

Hopefully that is an extremely unpopular opinion because the Squirtle line is definitely the best in my eyes. The Charmander line is unique and stylized and the Bulbasaur line is cute and pretty, but the Squirtle line is just beautiful to me. I quite enjoy the more realistic look, the shading and lighting, and the gorgeous environments. I also love how the Pokemon progresses into deeper and deeper water as it evolves, from splashing on the shore to swimming in a coral reef to dwelling in the abyss. It's especially intriguing because despite being a Water Pokemon, it's not often we see Blastoise completely submerged underwater. The poses in each card are excellent and full of personality. All things considered, it's a gorgeous set of evolutionary line artworks, and definitely the immensely talented Arita bringing his A-game.

I don't hate them by any means (aside from Squirtle which looks really off imo) but Arita's art style is very hit or miss for me, and these just happen to be more of a miss. Compositionally they're awesome though.

kingler is probably not viable but its interesting to think about how it could work with mad water acceleration + reversal energy. 90 + discard opponent's top cars isn't too bad, and 220 with no drawback is nice on a single prizer.

I love how Kangaskhan ex has FLF Kangaskhan EX's triple draw, and it's other attack is like the mega's attack

I remember everyone saying that golem was trash... but it 2 shots everything? and its super tanky? it looks kinda good to me ...

I remember everyone saying that golem was trash... but it 2 shots everything? and its super tanky? it looks kinda good to me ...
the main thing is that for a pokemon that already takes a lot of setup (being a fighting-type stage 2 mon and all), it doesn't really have that much immediate power. being able to build up to a lot of damage is great, but the lack of immediate damage means you're more often than not failing to get a one-shot. as a pokemon that doesn't provide any other utility outside of being an attacker, you want to be getting one-shots on a consistent basis given the right setup. that's why stuff like giratina vstar, urshifu vmax, and other primary attackers are so good ~ they can one-shot opponents consistently, and they don't require extreme amounts of setup.

does that mean golem ex is trash? not necessarily, but the odds are very much stacked against it to be viable, especially since fighting-type decks don't have that many resources right now. i could see golem ex working if we had (1) better fighting energy acceleration, (2) a graveler/geodude card that was also viable, and (3) more fighting-type support mons. right now, koraidon is the only viable fighting-type support mon, and even then, its ability ending your turn makes it even harder for something like golem ex to work as a tank; since your team will be taking more hits than you'll be able to dish out.

Last edited:
Back