All 108 “Ruler of the Black Flame” Cards Revealed!

"As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon"
What is going on???
Who is designing these card???
The new term for that is As long as this Pokemon is in the Active Spot, I swear some translator sieves the latest wording templates like this one, and continues to use the old ones.

If electric decks ever become meta again: Thundurus provides bench protection, but it kinda kills itself very easily idk if this would be worth it

Bellibolt wars would be sooooo obnoxious, as only other Bellibolt in electric decks could damage it so it would be a game of whose Bellibolt dies first

Instead of printing some tool that prevents effects that is much needed to protect against Sableye (like we had Big Parasol), they go and print a toll that stops milling? Mill decks aren't even that good right now. What are they afraid of?

This reminds me of that weird Amoonguss card we got that discards your opponent's hand if they try to discard the Amoonguss from your hand when we don't even have cards that can do that.

I thought we were getting some of the starter ex's and toadscruel ex as well? We sure this is the whole set or is this the Japanese set?

Lunatone shutting off Path seems pretty interesting. If rotation happens in April again, that could have pretty significant ramifications for the meta.

Babies continue to be a bad meme. Speaking of bad memes, Patrol Cap lol

Was hoping for some good pre-evos for Charizard to make the dark ex good, but I guess not.

Instead of printing some tool that prevents effects that is much needed to protect against Sableye (like we had Big Parasol), they go and print a toll that stops milling? Mill decks aren't even that good right now. What are they afraid of?

This reminds me of that weird Amoonguss card we got that discards your opponent's hand if they try to discard the Amoonguss from your hand when we don't even have cards that can do that.
Not every card are printed to be good. Some are printed just to be interesting. No shame in that.

Was hoping for some good pre-evos for Charizard to make the dark ex good, but I guess not.
Zard shouldn’t need good pre evos to be good. Zard will win or die depending on it’s ability to get out a stage 2 out before the opponent has taken more than 2 prize cards.

Thunderous is a worse Manaphy and Lechonk 70HP has cool art. That's all, nothing super big out of this set

I actually like vespiquen alot with cherrim, would like it alot more if it was fairy tera instead of straight psychic, dark weakness sucks. Also tiny combee are all you can eat for sableye.

I don’t really see this being too special with Cherrim. 200 is a very awkward amount of damage to hit for your main attacker without some other big benefit like Arceus does, and in order to get any decent benefit out of the damage spread, you need even more support beyond Cherrim in setting up damage counters. It works, but I don’t think this will have much to look forward to due to poor overall damage annd support beyond the energy accel it needs to attack.

There are so many mons here that would be cool if they had any form of support, but they seem more preoccupied with printing like. Patrol Hat. than actual fun cards. That's what Expanded is for, I guess.

In b4 we get some kind of weird baby-based archetype since they're clearly not all going to be support Pokemon like they usually are (first Bonsly since the generation it debuted in and it's. that.)

My god, how the mighty has fallen. There's like 10-15 playable cards, half being trainers.

Back