ALL ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder
RE: 105+ ‘Roaring Skies’ Scans! [4/24]

Um... can someone explain to me how meowth's Feelin' Fine attack works.
"Flip two coins, if both of them are heads, head to the bar."
HEAD TO THE BAR?! Like a real bar... Like in a tavern? Is it a translation error?

Also First post =D

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

You get up from the table and head to the bar. It's mandatory. Whether it's the bar exam, a bar for drinks... we'll have to wait for the ruling.

Pikachu6319

Scooby

So are Reshiram and Zekrom both holo? In fact, which cards in this set are supposed to be regular holos?

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder

Water Pokémon Master said:
You get up from the table and head to the bar. It's mandatory. Whether it's the bar exam, a bar for drinks... we'll have to wait for the ruling.

Are you able to use feelin' fine at a prerelease?

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.

Everyone get 2 heads because we all go to the bar wondering if WPM just slapped those promos in there for jokes or if they're actually in the set because it makes absolutely no sense.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Meowth's real attack effect is just "Draw a card."

TokenDuelist

yeah but omg are they actually in the set instead of the ancient trait Fearow?? that's a bummer.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Yeah, Ancient Trait Fearow was cut. I posted that on Twitter a few days ago:
https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder

Wait, so it didn't get printed as "head to the bar"? Awww... That would have been so hilarious, we need more joke cards in the Pokemon TCG

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer

Deck Maker Xerneas said:

Wait, so did it even get printed as "head to the bar"? And, if so, does that mean it was a translation error?
iuJhL7WKAxtLy.jpg

TokenDuelist

Yeah, Ancient Trait Fearow was cut. I posted that on Twitter a few days ago:
https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm

Dang.

That's such a shame.

iMarty

Fitchino on the PTCGO!

This is super exciting and I see a ton of new awesome cards that will definitely change the landscape of the game! Cannot wait to begin building new decks. Looks like they've tried really hard to breath new life into the format!

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder

Ok, so anyways, now that we know Meowth is not nearly as awesome as it should be, let's talk about the 3 other card abnormalities in the set. (Primarily because all of the stuff worth talking about play-ability wise was discussed when the Emerald Break released).

1st: Can someone tell me which Japanese set (or promo set) the Pikachu, Meowth, Inkay, Klefki, Carbink, Hawlucha, Binacle, and Dunsparce came from? I can't seem to find info on them anywhere and it seems like too many cards to be English exclusive.

2nd: I'd like to point out that Silcoon is an uncommon and Cascoon is a common lol

3rd: I think nincada-> shedinja is one of the only evolution lines currently in the game that REDUCES the amount of HP when you evolve it. Meaning that you can knock out a ninjask with 30 damage on it just by evolving it.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

Deck Maker Xerneas said:
Ok, so anyways, now that we know Meowth is not nearly as awesome as it should be, let's talk about the 3 other card abnormalities in the set. (Primarily because all of the stuff worth talking about play-ability wise was discussed when the Emerald Break released).

1st: Can someone tell me which Japanese set (or promo set) the Pikachu, Meowth, Inkay, Klefki, Carbink, Hawlucha, Binacle, and Dunsparce came from? I can't seem to find info on them anywhere and it seems like too many cards to be English exclusive.

2nd: I'd like to point out that Silcoon is an uncommon and Cascoon is a common lol

Pikachu, Meowth, Inkay, Klefki, Carbink, Hawlucha and Binacle are all promos. Dunsparce was in the Japanese version of the set.

Silcoon is uncommon because Beautifly doesn't have an Ancient Trait. If you notice the non-AT Dustox is uncommon, instead of rare, so that is why Cascoon is common.

Also that Fletchinder is not a polite one.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Exeggucutor: Awwwwwww; they killed its cool attack name. That's sad.
Flitchinder: Errrrrr what...?
Meowth: Walk into the bar, more like it .-.
Healing Scarf: Yay for another Tool ^_^

Switch Reprint: It's sorta disappointing that they've reprinted Switch immediately again, IMO. I would've liked to see one of the cards that is going out of format (or likely going to) instead. /However/ I think the fact that Switch, Ultra Ball, Energy Switch and VS Seeker have all been reprinted hints at XY, FF (Ultra), FUF and PHF (VS) (and even PRC (Switch)) being the sets to be rotated in the future future rotation.

Maserati777 said:
So hopefully this means full art Steven is in the next set.

I'm wondering if FA Steven will become a promo, just like in Japan. If Steven is going to be the next set's FA, we may get a second supporter reprint - Sycamore.

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer

The Murky Waters said:
Why on earth did they not make a Zinnia card?! I would have loved to see that!
There's no Zinnia in japanese set yet… Roaring Skies goes from Emerald Break (and few promos that have not been present in Emerald break), so I presume, we'll see Zinnia in the future.

As for me, I'm disappointed, there's another Pikachu… AGAIN. And so for Manectric-line. They took the place for AT Fearow (which I don't absolutely understand, why it isn't in that set) ane Energy Recycle.

I wonder, if there'll be Nidoking-line in next set, because some of you presumed them in this set when previous set spotted the light. I'm curious about Moltres at the same time, and about few other 'mons.
And for the types of ancient traits… will be there more? Why they develeop new and didn'd add any from the previous expansion?

I personally am waiting for Wally and Skyfield… at least Wally is WAY TOO good for one of my deck I have in mind.