Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Didn't like it. At all.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

charidude

(Back from Da Hack)
Okay. You might have heard of Anastasia the long lost princess? Well, this is aout her brother, Alexei. Enjoy:

Intro:
The wooden doors slammed against the hard granite walls. Alexei was thrown out of bed at the impact. He could feel his head spinning from the contact of the hard floor to his precious skull.
“What is the meaning of this?” Alexei scolded at the man that disturbed his well-deserved rest “, I was sleeping! Do you know who I-“
“Stop, please. You and your family are being moved. The Japanese may have learned your location,” the man replied cutting Alexei off. Alexei was about to respond by slapping the man and heading to bed, but he was right. This was a serious matter. Alexei marched out of his hard and cold room like a prisoner being moved from jails. Out in the hallway was not much better. He stared all around him. It was the Bolshevik secret police. This didn’t faze Alexei too much but it was puzzling to him. As he took in his surroundings he saw his sister being brought just like him. It was just another transfer. Soon they would be safe and sound and Alexei could drift off to sleep once again.

Alexei was brought down fleets of stairs. And soon the once horrible smell had turned putrid and even more disgusting. Out of the dim light Alexei could make out that this must’ve been the basement. They were brought even farther until they reached a room that seemed t glow amber all around him. A very strange place indeed. Then Alexei spotted the maids and servants down here as well. That’s when it struck him that something was wrong. Servants and maids were never evacuated with him.

Soon Alexei turned to face the men who brought him here but was shoved down and tied against a hard wooden chair. He could hear his family shouting and questioning them “, what is this? This isn’t evacuation! Treason! Treason!” Alexei found that even he was throwing insults at the men. Then as one man pulled out a gun. Everything came to Alexei. Inside he felt like he was screaming with fear and anxiety but on the outside he stared deathly at the gun. He could feel the color draining from his face, his hair starting to stick on end. He lost all feeling in his body. He had been conquered already.

He barely managed to move his head to peer at his family through tearing eyes. All of his older sisters, his mother and father, and the work staff. All with the terrified expression. Then it happened. The first shot. He watched as the iron bullet struck down a maid from a blow to the head. The blood came gushing out and started to cover up the terrified expression on the motionless face.

Then another to one of his sisters. The blood spurted out like a fountain filling the air with the scent of dried blood. Blood cover her face and took her life. One after another they fell dead. Alexei screamed out in terror and then he felt the bullet hit him in the chest. Although he knew his hemophilia should have killed him he was still conscious and alive. Another shot pierced his skin and body antagonizing him. But still he would not go down.

Then using all the energy he had left he peered up at the confused expressions on the murders before him. Then an excruciating pain filled his body sending him pain unimaginable. It was the pain of a steel dagger hitting him. Again he felt it’s cold bite on his barren back. He stayed alive and conscious all the same. But then he felt the 2 bullets pierce his skull. And then, and only then, he fell silent and motionless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prolouge:

Joshua let his head fall back on his feather filled pillow. His warm and comforting pajamas rubbed against his skin soothing him. He breathed the air, taking in the new aromas from this grand and mysterious new world. He could smell the gourmet food from the fancy restaurants. It was all so fascinating that Joshua couldn’t stay in bed. He threw himself out of the cover and ran across the wooden hotel floors to the window.

He peered out the glass window and saw his new home. St. Petersburg, Russia. A beautiful city. The flashing light illuminated the spiraling towers. The noises of the people below him kept the whole city abuzz, Yes siree, not a dull moment to be found. Joshua couldn’t wait to explore it! Soon he would know every nook and cranny of the place. Not a single street undiscovered... just like back home.

As he remembered his home the loneliness grew back on him and his excited body turned into a strong depression. This place reminded him so much of his hometown. New York, New York. The largest city in the world! It was all so grand and fantastic. He could still remember the flashing lights, and the extremely large advertisement board hat replayed the same thing over and over. His school, even though he’d never admit it, he’d miss that too.

At the thought of school made him think of his friends. They had stuck with him since kindergarten. Best friends for life. One of his friends even gave Joshua a web cam so that they could keep in touch. Then he heard the web cam’s familiar buzzer. Joshua stooped up and walked across the room and sat in his chair facing the computer screen. He clicked the mouse and saw that his friend Bob Barder, his good friend, had invited him. Joshua immediately accepted and joined his friend’s party, which already had George Wood, and Carl Turn.

“Hey, it’s Josh!” George exclaimed welcoming his old friend. In turn he watched as his other friends greeted him with wide eyes and happy faces.
“I’m so glad to see you guys! I don’t know how I’m gong to survive here. I don’t even know Russian!” Josh replied starting to panic. Joshua watched as his friends started to make a small grin out of laughter.
“Relax,” Bob, told Josh “Someone will teach you. But for now tell us about Russia!” Josh watched as the other two kids listened intently. Obviously they wanted to know too. But Josh really didn’t know anything!
“W-well, they have curly towers… and good food…. And-“ Josh stuttered feeling his face turn red wit embarrassment. The other kids broke out in a hysterical laughter.
“Okay. Come on!” Carl blurted out between laughs “, anyone that could hear would know you don’t know a thing about Russia!”
“Well I only just got here!” Josh retorted back at him.

Then Josh heard the familiar sound of my mom yelling at me to go to bed. Josh said my good bye and shut down the computer. Then once again flopped down into bed. Josh stayed up for a second, just to become calm and relaxed. Then Josh drifted off to sleep…

Josh awoke in my bed. Or at least Josh thought Josh was awake. Yawned like normal and got up. Josh got up and headed out into the barely lit hallway. Josh found the bathroom, and its not so pleasant smell, and started to turn the knob. That’s when Josh noticed the balcony drapes blowing in the wind. The balcony was open and that was weird. Because no one was up at this time of the night.

All of Josh’s instincts told him to just go back to bed and pretend he never saw a thing. But his curiosity got the best of him and he fund himself slowly creeping up on the balcony. Then he stated to peer over the balcony edge and found a small boy standing and watching out towards the moon. He was wearing a small blue and white striped t-shirt. His haircut was extremely well done and he couldn’t have been older than 10.

“H-Hello?” Josh meekly spurted out. The boy moved for a second. Seemingly surprised by the other boys voice. And then he spun around glaring at him with his dark eyes. The he walked over to Josh revealing a small crown atop his head.
“Ah. Dress up,” Josh thought “, mine as well go along with it.” Trying not to be mean Josh went to do a fake bow. And as he reached the bottom he felt the boy’s hand slap him in the face. The boy gave him an evil sneer and then just vanished. After Josh felt blood running from his nose. A nosebleed!

Then everything around Joshua started to spin and he wet woozy. When he awoke he found himself in his bed same as always.
“What a freaky dream….” Josh said to himself.
Then Josh got up and went to go to the bathroom. He also spotted the balcony doors. Closed and locked as always. This proved even more to Joshua that it had been a dream. But when he stepped inside and looked in the mirror. He saw a little bit of dried blood below his nose….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Part:

Joshua slowly ran is finger over the bumpy rigid surface trying to comprehend all the things this meant. But his through investigation going to be cut short as he heard his mom calling him from the kitchen and Joshua could smell the perfume that she was wearing all the way from here. Josh quickly ripped off the dry blood and threw it away so to not worry his mother. After that he realized how tired he was and almost went back to sleep on what seemed no a comfy, luxurious, king size bed, which in reality was a plain whit pillow on top of a sheet and low rate mattress if not for his mother’s second call.

Josh opened his eyes exiting his daze and realizing the situation. So he reluctantly got dressed eyeing the bed every now and then desirably. So once he was down stairs in his blue T-Shirt and White shorts he sat down still half asleep on the kitchen table.
“Didn’t get much sleep eh?” Josh’s mom asked realizing my state.
Josh stared up at her dark blue eyes and her lush brown hair droopily with Josh’s swollen eyes trying to focus. Just from that stare Josh’s mom could tell how tired he was. When Josh started to stare around he saw pitch black. It was… it was nighttime! Josh almost got angry but couldn’t because of his exhaustion and managed to ask “, Mom… what time is it?”

Josh’s mom gave him a half, joking around silly face and a confused face while she said, “Well that’s a silly thing, it’s,” she said while checking the time. Josh saw her expression drop and she made a loud sigh. “It’s 3:25 am.” She told me obviously depressed. And Josh knew why. My mom and always been the person who had everything planned. But because of the time zone she’s completely lost it. A prime example was that morning.

Josh rolled my eyes and walked back to his bed. But even though he knew it was just a dream he found himself looking over his shoulder back at the still, bleak, white balcony doors. Locked as always.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once again Josh found himself and the sandman’s mercy having a sleepless time. Josh felt even though he was awake, he was in a nightmare. And if he dared to walk outside the boy would be back. Josh tossed and turned. Josh did everything he could try but nothing would work. And he knew it would all come back to get him during the day. But finally, after what seemed like ages, he felt the soothing feeling of sleep.

It was a peaceful dream. Just three small kids playing outside a large grand manor. They were all well behaved and the girls happily rode around on a miniature carriage. Josh decided to take a look inside the grand mansion that towered over him. As Josh walked through the front door he could see for what seemed like miles. It was a humongous house compared to anything he’d ever seen. But then what really entranced him was the perfect flowing tune of a piano coming from upstairs.

Josh walked up the stairs taking everything in as he went up the stairs. The painting, the architecture, everything! It was the finest f the finest and most certainly fancy. And Josh couldn’t help but find himself wishing the dream never ended….

Finally Josh found the source of the music. It was coming from a closed room down the hall on the third floor. Now for there to even be a room up here was amazing itself but the music, it was great it lured Josh in with it’s sweet tune and it brought him joy. It made Josh forget the boy, and everything else. Then Josh came to the fact that the music must’ve been muffled from the closed door.

Josh told himself not to open the door, and that opening a door in a nightmare never ended well but his greed for the music forced him to grasp the bronze handle and he turned the handle ever so slightly not to disturb the player. He found himself cringing then he opened up an eye. And what he saw was in the living room, his piano being played by a small young boy. He looked around him; everything had changed from the magnificent grand manor to my sleazy little apartment.

I could even smell my mom’s perfume. Then my gaze fixed upon the boy and my heart almost skipped a beat as he turned to face me. Terror ran through my body had I woke up with a jolt. I quickly glanced from left to right and was soothed a bit by the fact it was just a nightmare. Why was he there again? The same boy. The same boy who was on the balcony!

I got up with a small hesitation in my step. I wasn’t anxious to know if a new piano had randomly appeared in our living room. Hen my questions were answered when my dad made a shout of glee. I quickly hurried downstairs and sure enough the same piano as my dream. My dad looked up at me in sheer amazement.

“Do. Do you see this Joshua?” he asked me barely able to form the words “, A piano! A brand new piano just appeared here!”
I decided not to explain to my dad about the boy and just gave a nod. I watched my mom head down the stairs running to see the piano. As I walked towards the kitchen just trying to figure things out in my head. As I made my breakfast I could hear them going on about “how it was a blessing from god!” Or, “We need to get Josh piano lessons!”

I eventually got everything done when I remembered something. School. I reluctantly got on my backpack and walked outside thinking “Great. How am I going to survive this school if they can make fun of me without me knowing? I’m going to need to learn 1st grade, yet I need to learn algebra? I’m going to be even less popular than in my old school. If that was even possible…”

Josh watched the big brown bus turn the corner on the swerving road. As Josh walked and entered the new school bus he felt his legs aching form the distance up and down the hills. It was definitely exercise in itself. And the other kids showed it. All of them looked slightly stronger and larger than the kids back home in New York. They even dressed differently. Although one girl seemed to catch his eye. Her shirt said something in English but the driver told Josh to take a seat already and he couldn’t read it. But he thought “, maybe she knew English! She could explain to me everything around here!” Josh was almost too distracted by popularity and language difficulties to see the amazing landscape. If Russia could be described as something, it’d be large.

Josh found himself eventually get off at a large towering building that seemed to go on. It was how Josh had pictured his college. Or dreamed it at least.. But like it’s country, this school was big.

Please rate and comment.

Cool, a little gory for my personal standards but still cool! I didn't really understand this paragraph though. I don't think that the story is first person and so the pronoun my is a little confusing. Also, the sentence "Yawned like normal and got up" is not a complete sentence.
charidude said:
Josh awoke in my bed. Or at least Josh thought Josh was awake. Yawned like normal and got up. Josh got up and headed out into the barely lit hallway. Josh found the bathroom, and its not so pleasant smell, and started to turn the knob. That’s when Josh noticed the balcony drapes blowing in the wind. The balcony was open and that was weird. Because no one was up at this time of the night.
Other than that, really good and I'm looking forward to more:D

Okay thanks for that error. And yes, I have been getting that it's a bit gory. But I couldn't help that because of what the story is based on. Because it's based on a historical event. Or at least part of it is anyway... Would you read the next part if I wrote a next part? Because if no one's going to read it what's the point right?

I normally don't read this type of stuff, but I saw that you were the author, I decided to try it.
What a great descision that was!
Amazing so far, I'll definetly read part 2.

Next part:

Joshua slowly ran is finger over the bumpy rigid surface trying to comprehend all the things this meant. But his through investigation going to be cut short as he heard his mom calling him from the kitchen and Joshua could smell the perfume that she was wearing all the way from here. Josh quickly ripped off the dry blood and threw it away so to not worry his mother. After that he realized how tired he was and almost went back to sleep on what seemed no a comfy, luxurious, king size bed, which in reality was a plain whit pillow on top of a sheet and low rate mattress if not for his mother’s second call.

Josh opened his eyes exiting his daze and realizing the situation. So he reluctantly got dressed eyeing the bed every now and then desirably. So once he was down stairs in his blue T-Shirt and White shorts he sat down still half asleep on the kitchen table.
“Didn’t get much sleep eh?” Josh’s mom asked realizing my state.
Josh stared up at her dark blue eyes and her lush brown hair droopily with Josh’s swollen eyes trying to focus. Just from that stare Josh’s mom could tell how tired he was. When Josh started to stare around he saw pitch black. It was… it was nighttime! Josh almost got angry but couldn’t because of his exhaustion and managed to ask “, Mom… what time is it?”

Josh’s mom gave him a half, joking around silly face and a confused face while she said, “Well that’s a silly thing, it’s,” she said while checking the time. Josh saw her expression drop and she made a loud sigh. “It’s 3:25 am.” She told me obviously depressed. And Josh knew why. My mom and always been the person who had everything planned. But because of the time zone she’s completely lost it. A prime example was that morning.

Josh rolled my eyes and walked back to his bed. But even though he knew it was just a dream he found himself looking over his shoulder back at the still, bleak, white balcony doors. Locked as always.

Once again Josh found himself and the sandman’s mercy having a sleepless time. Josh felt even though he was awake, he was in a nightmare. And if he dared to walk outside the boy would be back. Josh tossed and turned. Josh did everything he could try but nothing would work. And he knew it would all come back to get him during the day. But finally, after what seemed like ages, he felt the soothing feeling of sleep.

It was a peaceful dream. Just three small kids playing outside a large grand manor. They were all well behaved and the girls happily rode around on a miniature carriage. Josh decided to take a look inside the grand mansion that towered over him. As Josh walked through the front door he could see for what seemed like miles. It was a humongous house compared to anything he’d ever seen. But then what really entranced him was the perfect flowing tune of a piano coming from upstairs.

Josh walked up the stairs taking everything in as he went up the stairs. The painting, the architecture, everything! It was the finest f the finest and most certainly fancy. And Josh couldn’t help but find himself wishing the dream never ended….

Finally Josh found the source of the music. It was coming from a closed room down the hall on the third floor. Now for there to even be a room up here was amazing itself but the music, it was great it lured Josh in with it’s sweet tune and it brought him joy. It made Josh forget the boy, and everything else. Then Josh came to the fact that the music must’ve been muffled from the closed door.

Josh told himself not to open the door, and that opening a door in a nightmare never ended well but his greed for the music forced him to grasp the bronze handle and he turned the handle ever so slightly not to disturb the player. He found himself cringing then he opened up an eye. And what he saw was in the living room, his piano being played by a small young boy. He looked around him; everything had changed from the magnificent grand manor to my sleazy little apartment.

I could even smell my mom’s perfume. Then my gaze fixed upon the boy and my heart almost skipped a beat as he turned to face me. Terror ran through my body had I woke up with a jolt. I quickly glanced from left to right and was soothed a bit by the fact it was just a nightmare. Why was he there again? The same boy. The same boy who was on the balcony!

I got up with a small hesitation in my step. I wasn’t anxious to know if a new piano had randomly appeared in our living room. Hen my questions were answered when my dad made a shout of glee. I quickly hurried downstairs and sure enough the same piano as my dream. My dad looked up at me in sheer amazement.

“Do. Do you see this Joshua?” he asked me barely able to form the words “, A piano! A brand new piano just appeared here!”
I decided not to explain to my dad about the boy and just gave a nod. I watched my mom head down the stairs running to see the piano. As I walked towards the kitchen just trying to figure things out in my head. As I made my breakfast I could hear them going on about “how it was a blessing from god!” Or, “We need to get Josh piano lessons!”

I eventually got everything done when I remembered something. School. I reluctantly got on my backpack and walked outside thinking “Great. How am I going to survive this school if they can make fun of me without me knowing? I’m going to need to learn 1st grade, yet I need to learn algebra? I’m going to be even less popular than in my old school. If that was even possible…”

Josh watched the big brown bus turn the corner on the swerving road. As Josh walked and entered the new school bus he felt his legs aching form the distance up and down the hills. It was definitely exercise in itself. And the other kids showed it. All of them looked slightly stronger and larger than the kids back home in New York. They even dressed differently. Although one girl seemed to catch his eye. Her shirt said something in English but the driver told Josh to take a seat already and he couldn’t read it. But he thought “, maybe she knew English! She could explain to me everything around here!” Josh was almost too distracted by popularity and language difficulties to see the amazing landscape. If Russia could be described as something, it’d be large.

Josh found himself eventually get off at a large towering building that seemed to go on. It was how Josh had pictured his college. Or dreamed it at least.. But like it’s country, this school was big.

Back