Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Granbull V and Aggron VMAX will debut in Start Deck 100! Each of the decks will release in Japan on December 17th. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Granbull V – Psychic – HP210
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Enraged Fang: 30+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.
[P][P][C] Bull Dash: 190 damage. This Pokemon does 30 damage to itself.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Aggron VMAX – Metal – HP330
VMAX Pokemon – Evolves from Aggron V...

Continue reading...

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
All that work, and Aggron isn't even OHKOing VMAXes. Granbull might get a VMAX, in which case its attack will be a fine backup choice, but I don't have great hopes for these cards.
Kind of nice to see Granbull on a card again, though.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
This is potentially fantastic news. I believe this means we now know 2/3 of the VMAXs from Brilliant Stars (Kingler and Aggron), and both of them are bad. F-Block could finally be the end of good 3-prizers.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Should have just done Melmetal VMAX. Get those last couple of gigantamax out of the way.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
All that work, and Aggron isn't even OHKOing VMAXes. Granbull might get a VMAX, in which case its attack will be a fine backup choice, but I don't have great hopes for these cards.
Most VMAXs can't even OHKO each other, so that'a fair for them.

Aggron VMAX - I'm not gonna expect for Aggron V since its just a Pokemon V with expensive attack cost and weaker dmg. So does Aggron VMAX. 3/3-4

Granbull V - I don't see any impact or being heavily reacted to this card. It's just bland to me. Nothing is special. 3

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
WOW Aggron is really disappointing, 5 energies for an attack that HURTS ITSELF!?!?

Even SS Urshifu Vmax does the same damage for less energy AND can stack damage with SS energy PLUS it can hit thru anything.

I could even bring up metagross...

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
What are you saying about Aggron not OHKOing Vmaxs?? VMAX never tend to OHKO each other. With vitality band, Aggron can OHKO any V stars which will see more play than Vmaxs by the time it releases.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
This is potentially fantastic news. I believe this means we now know 2/3 of the VMAXs from Brilliant Stars (Kingler and Aggron), and both of them are bad. F-Block could finally be the end of good 3-prizers.
We know all 3 Vmaxs from Brilliant Stars now, Kingler, Aggron and Mimikyu Vmax!!
And I don't think they are bad at all. Kingler is super good to charge water energies. Aggron OHKOs all Vstars with a single vitality band on it.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Should have just done Melmetal VMAX. Get those last couple of gigantamax out of the way.
We are yet to get 3 gigantamax pokemon on a Vmax card:
Melmetal, Hatterene and Machamp. Although Pinsir had a mega evolution, it never got a Mega EX card in the XY Era. So was the case with Ferraligatr, Sableye, etc....
So it is possible that we might never get them. Or they might be included in the start deck 100. I mean they are 100 decks and so far we don't even know about at least 10 decks tbh.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
We are yet to get 3 gigantamax pokemon on a Vmax card:
Melmetal, Hatterene and Machamp. Although Pinsir had a mega evolution, it never got a Mega EX card in the XY Era. So was the case with Ferraligatr, Sableye, etc....
So it is possible that we might never get them. Or they might be included in the start deck 100. I mean they are 100 decks and so far we don't even know about at least 10 decks tbh.
There’s no such thing as Mega Feraligatr. And M Sableye kind of got a Tag Team card. I know what you mean tho. I don’t think they should exclude any new form (Gigantamax) anymore.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Well, hitting for 270 will soon be good again, what with VStars being powerful two-prizers with 270-280 at most (for now). They need to evolve, yes, but they'll be able to exchange very favorably with lots of VMaxes. They cannot be blocked by Mew VMax or Zamazenta either.

That's why I also think Eternatus might become good again. It was the Tag Team killer before, now it'll be the VStar killer.

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Well, hitting for 270 will soon be good again, what with VStars being powerful two-prizers with 270-280 at most (for now). They need to evolve, yes, but they'll be able to exchange very favorably with lots of VMaxes. They cannot be blocked by Mew VMax or Zamazenta either.

That's why I also think Eternatus might become good again. It was the Tag Team killer before, now it'll be the VStar killer.
There's a reason they're giving Eternatus Vmax on the ladder just before the next set with Vstars releases. Aggron could be played with Cheryl and Brozong, Zacian, just saying.....

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
We know all 3 Vmaxs from Brilliant Stars now, Kingler, Aggron and Mimikyu Vmax!!
And I don't think they are bad at all. Kingler is super good to charge water energies. Aggron OHKOs all Vstars with a single vitality band on it.
Vitality Band and Zigzagoon by the time the other VMAXs rotate (most of which are far superior to Aggron), and getting 5 energies on an Aggron is just not feasible without some major boost to energy acceleration in the format. Kingler could be an interesting gimmick but likely won't see play unless we get some ridiculous water attacker in the future. But I'm glad we do know all the VMAXs now!

FilpACoin

The Best Typo
What are you saying about Aggron not OHKOing Vmaxs?? VMAX never tend to OHKO each other. With vitality band, Aggron can OHKO any V stars which will see more play than Vmaxs by the time it releases.
Yes, but you can not KO VMAXes with two energy on Eternatus VMAX or something else good. If I'm putting five energy on it without crazy acceleration, I expect it to do something special, but it just has a kind of normal big attack.