Affordable Decks

Jaemsz

Aspiring Trainer
Can anyone name some? Preferably ones that are mostly made up of XY + cards.

BTW don't care if it's top tier or anything I just want something competitive to use at a league.

Jaemsz said:
Can anyone name some? Preferably ones that are mostly made up of XY + cards.

BTW don't care if it's top tier or anything I just want something competitive to use at a league.

TBH, XY+ makes it a bit of an issue. Every competitive deck uses some card that are from before XY.

The most competitive budget decks right now are Donphan and Night March. There are deck lists for both here:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-metagame-deck-discussion

However, Donphan and most of the friends he uses (Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Sigilyph) are all pre-XY. All the Night March builds use some pre-XY cards. The one in the link above uses Eevelutions. There are also builds with Mew EX, and which use Gourgeist and Celebi EX.

You could build a fighting deck out of cards only from XY on, using Machamp, Landorus and Hawlucha. If you get some extra money, add some Lucario EXs. It won't be that competitive, but if you set up properly you can take some wins against more expensive decks.

There are a cheap few decks from Phantom Forces that use entirely Pokemon from that set- like Crobat/Wobbafet and Slurpuff/Gourgeist. Those are both more fun/rogue decks, although I guess Crobat/Wobbafet is the more competitive. The advantage of that one is that the main Pokemon are used in a lot of other decks. Crobat et al are especially popular- people add them to everything.

Just a side note: one of the biggest issues is supporters. Some of the main supporters that make competitive decks work (mainly N, also Colress and Skyla) are pre XY. N is pretty much certan to rotate. 4 copies of N will probably cost you as much as all of the Pokemon in one of these budget decks. If you use supporters that are only from XY on your draw power will be quite weak. Slightly better after the new set is out, but still pretty weak.

Back