• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Aerodactyl / Omastar

Mr. Melon

Faking hard or flailing all around the yard.
Pokémon - 15
  • 4 Aerodactyl FAC
  • 4 Omnyte FAC
  • 4 Omastar FAC
  • 2 Jirachi PROMO
  • 1 Mew FAC
Trainers - 32
  • 3 N
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Fossil Excavation Kit
  • 4 Helix Fossil Omnyte
  • 4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
Energy - 8
  • 4 DCE
  • 4 Water Energy
Total Cards - 55

Strategy

Use Omastar to pull aerodactyl and do tons of damage.

Mew can pull Omastar to get Aerodactyl faster.

Please help! This deck needs a couple more cards and it is not going well.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I would add four Shuckle (FTC) It's first attack guarentees you an omanyte or aerodactyl, also maybe one or two Omastar BREAKs
Pros:
With shuckle can get set up pretty quickly
Can't be stopped by Glaceon EX/Jolteon EX
Great Disruption (Jirachi/Aerodactyl)
Small energy requirements
No EXs

Cons:
Dead-draws really hurt this deck
Can't win against item lock
Relatively low HP pokemon

Hope I helped B)

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Battle Compressors can discard fossils when you have kits in hand. You're already using VS Seekers as well so an Archie's Ace can also get out Omastar if you have a hand that can do it.

Best of luck I like the concept of the Restore Mechanic but oh boy it's clunky.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I would really like Aerodactyl to be a good card... But it's too hard to get out quick and isn't worth it.

Expert_Occultist

Magic card player
I wouldn't give up on this deck yet. I'm testing a Mew/Shuckle/Archie's Ace in the Hole build and it's pretty ok so far. Still working on some kinks though

WastedSkyPirate

I can't see this deck being competitive in this metagame - for a start it's wrecked by item lock - but maybe, just maybe, fossils will receive a bit more support over the next few sets. For now, though, I agree with @PokeDad5

That being said, if I were to build this deck, I would focus on Archie's to get out Omastar. Here's an attempt:

Pokemon (13)

3 Aerodactyl
2-1 Omastar BREAK
2 Jolteon-EX
2 Manectric-EX
2 Dunsparce (XY #101)
1 Shaymin-EX

Trainers (40)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Ace Trainer
1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Acro Bike
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Battle Compressor
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Old Amber Aerodactyl
1 Muscle Band
1 Float Stone
1 Super Rod

1 Parallel City

Energy (7)

4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Lightning Energy

jessalakasam

I can't see this deck being competitive in this metagame - for a start it's wrecked by item lock - but maybe, just maybe, fossils will receive a bit more support over the next few sets. For now, though, I agree with @PokeDad5

That being said, if I were to build this deck, I would focus on Archie's to get out Omastar. Here's an attempt:

Pokemon (13)

3 Aerodactyl
2-1 Omastar BREAK
2 Jolteon-EX
2 Manectric-EX
2 Dunsparce (XY #101)
1 Shaymin-EX

Trainers (40)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Ace Trainer
1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Acro Bike
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Battle Compressor
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Old Amber Aerodactyl
1 Muscle Band
1 Float Stone
1 Super Rod

1 Parallel City

Energy (7)

3 Lightning Energy
Again one or two shuckles makes this deck more consistent

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I'm failing to see how shuckles make this deck more consistent. You draw 2 cards and put one on the bottom with shuckles first attack. So I get how the fossil and Aerodactyl works, but still failing to see how it's consistant. Basically you have to start with a Shuckle and hope by use of a puzzle you'll get a Aerodactyl in those 3 to be able to make it the top 2 cards, you then have to attach an energy for your turn to Shuckle and use his first attack for no damage to be able to then put your hopeful Aerodactyl on the bottom. So, your opponent runs through his/her turn and more than likely either pulls up your Shaymin, Jolteon or Manectric because that's 2 prize cards and you're busy messing with trying to get Aerodactyle out next turn. A smart opponent would KO the Shaymin in 1 turn and then play N or Judge to force you to then shuffle your deck which in turn possibly ruins your chance at the Aerodactyle. This sounds like it could be an interesting/frustrating deck to play for fun in a league, but in a competetion of any sorts, abandon all hope.

WastedSkyPirate

@jessalakasam

If hand disruption cards (like N and Judge) weren't in the format, then I could just about see the appeal of Shuckle, but it doesn't guarantee that you'll get a Restored Pokemon out the next turn and there is a lot of luck/setup involved - not to mention it takes your attack for the turn.

This list gives you the best chance of starting with a Manectric/Jolteon/Dunsparce whilst you faff around trying to Archie's or straight Old Amber into an Omastar/Aerodactyl. Jolteon is just outright good and at the very least can stall for time, furthermore it has free retreat so that when you finally get Aerodactyl out you can bring it into the active spot immediately.

The Lightning type has slight synergy with Aerodactyl in the way that the latter resists the former's weakness. Manectric gives the deck a bit of spread damage for [C], which will help Aerodactyl take KOs.

Dunsparce has a little niche in that it:
  • Has free retreat - so you don't mind starting the game with it.
  • Makes use of DCE to Second Bite anything not KO'd by Aerodactyl's Jet Draft.
  • Can stall with Glare if you're in a pinch.

Last edited:

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I've been testing this deck a little more than I should. But quite honestly it is a completely different mind set of playing. The idea of the deck is to loose at the start. You want the opponent to take knockouts and then use N and Ace Trainer -- at every turn the trainer should disrupt the opponents hand.

Battle Compressor is a necessity in the deck. The reason why battle compressor is a necessity is because of Fossil excavation. Fossil excavation is pretty good. The trainer will want to battle compress two fossil cards into the discard and continually use excavation. Battle compressor also thins the deck. The more you thin the deck the more likely you will hit Aerodactyl.

The card I don't like in the deck is ultraball. Yes, ultraball in this deck really doesn't do much. The way the trainer wants to thin is through battle compressor. And putting extra cards on the bench is a bit of the risk. The bench should run very lean as the deck will rely on Aerodactyl for most the attacking. With proper thinning and N at your side, the trainer will start hitting the cards needed late game.

Random Receivers work pretty well. As you are battle compressing into the deck you can leave your deck with exactly what you want.

(For instance: If I have an BC, OAA, and RR in my hand. I can compress 1 OAA into the discard, and Lysandre, Delquint. Now my chances of hitting the supporter I'm interested in are pretty high. Usually, I'm interested in one of those 7 supporters at any moment of the game.)

Pokemon (15)
4 Aerodactyl
4 unown
3 Lugia
2 Lugia Break
2 Shaymin-EX

Trainers (36)

2 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Ace Trainer
1 Lysandre
1 Delequint

4 VS Seeker
4 Random Receivers
4 Battle Compressor
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
4 Fossil Excavations
3 Machine Maintenance

Energy (4)

Slots: 5

I'm not totally set on Lugia being the best friend possible in this situation. Though expensive, he can put some really needed upfront pressure on EX's. He also works as a great meat shield. I've been pondering the idea of using robo sub. But, shrugs, I don't know if I want another item card in my deck. Zoroark might also be a good a play too.

The deck runs fast, on first turn I've been able to get up to 3 Aerodactyl's on my bench. However, it does not always happen, sometimes I just need to be patient, and usually the deck will start mounting a combat by picking off Shaymins around my second prize card lost. To my surprise though, every time I run it with Omer... I always play against decks that don't run shaymins exs. However, if I run it without Omer, all the decks I play against run Shaymins. Quagmire...I don't like Omer. I get more Aerodactyls out faster by running it with Fossil Excavation. Again, Fossil Excavation is really really good with BC. You can achieve a huge first turn off fossil excavations. GL

Last edited:

jessalakasam

It isn't that consistenet but 1 or 2 I feel would help the deck I haven't tested the deck so I can't say for sure though

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Just for the record, all fossils deck are B/C grade decks. They don't really have the competitiveness to stand up against top tier decks. They might take a LC here or there, but Item lock and speed decks have always held them at bay. However, they are fun to mess around with and cool to play.

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Archeops, Tyrantrum, there are many fossils that are legitimate targets for Maxie and Archie. Even more so those restored pokemon that must evolve. If a fossil is inconsistent a pokemon that evolves from the restored pokemon is even more so.
In that case the only quick and possibly consistent way to get them in play is the archie mechanic.
Susceptible to the rampant item lock in expanded, trees, plume and toad, they can't truly be considered competitive? They would need a truly consistent basic pokemon to lead off, like Yveltal.
Maybe Lugia ex or mewtwo ex would have synergy with an Archie engine dedicated to Omastar, with Aerodactyl. Talonflame sounds like a great lead off hitter that could help if you whiff on first turn Archie, offering a second chance at the ace in the hole or a Lysandre in case of trees on your second turn. Far from fool proof but a good way around running a 2 prize pokemon to buy you the time to get Aerodactyl out. This would require running sufficient basic energy to use talonflame's attack mind you.
Thoughts?