• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Aerodactyl (FCO)/Wobbuffet

festizzio

Desu
Pokémon: 8
  • 4 Wobbuffet PHF
  • 4 Aerodactyl FCO
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 48
  • 4 N
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 3 Maintenance
  • 3 Fossil Excavation Kit
  • 2 Parallel City
Energy: 4
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The strategy for this deck is to get out Aerodactyl as quickly as possible and start swinging for 120 + special energy discard each turn. There are some energy disruption elements in the deck to try to compensate for having to 2HKO everything. Wobbuffet is in there as a guaranteed starter to protect against T1 Vileplume or any other abilities that would prevent me from using Old Amber Aerodactyl or any of the other items in the deck. It also helps slow down some Shaymin-reliant decks like M Gardevoir or M Ray. I've always been intrigued by Aerodactyl, but the Omastar route seems even more difficult than this one. I'm finding it hard to get multiple Aerodactyl out consistently, but maybe that's just one of the difficulties of playing restored Pokemon.

Would Silent Lab be better than Parallel City? Should I run 1-2 Psychic Energy to attack with Wobbuffet if necessary?

I'm looking for constructive criticism if anybody has any experience with this deck, or even if you have any ideas, I'm willing to hear every opinion. Thank you!

Last edited:
If Talonflame (Steam Siege) isn't a mandatory starting Pokemon (it does say "may"), I'd try and see if it helps setup against decks that Wobbuffet doesn't.

With you always starting with Wobbuffet, I'd run an additional switch with the Float Stones... its just mandatory for consistency.

Random Receiver is pretty bad... its better if you just run extra supporters or other cards.

Special Charge is a must 1 of for this kind of Energy base.

I'd consider running Silent Lab or some other stadiums to win the Stadium battles regardless if you really need them.

Perhaps 1 more Fossil Excavation Kit?

Other than that, I'm not really sure... good luck :)

A card that is incredibly helpful for this sort of deck (although it is expanded) is Caitlyn as it allows you to put cards on the bottom of your deck, meaning you can guarantee hits with Amber Fossil. Gale Wings Talonflame might be a good option as a starter to get the cards you need out, especially since having only 4 starters seems like you will mulligan a lot. You might also want to consider 1-2 Special Charge so you can get your DCE back. Other than that the deck seems solid. As for what to remove for those suggestions, I would prolly remove Acro Bike, Maintenance, or the hammers.

isn't Talonflame (Steam Siege) good for this kind of deck?

Thanks for the response! I thought about it, and I don't like him. I think he works best in decks that run basic energy, it doesn't feel right wasting a DCE on him. I'm shooting to get an Aerodactyl out the first attacking turn and attacking right away, that's the goal at least. Talonflame doesn't help towards that goal.

If Talonflame (Steam Siege) isn't a mandatory starting Pokemon (it does say "may"), I'd try and see if it helps setup against decks that Wobbuffet doesn't.

With you always starting with Wobbuffet, I'd run an additional switch with the Float Stones... its just mandatory for consistency.

Random Receiver is pretty bad... its better if you just run extra supporters or other cards.

Special Charge is a must 1 of for this kind of Energy base.

I'd consider running Silent Lab or some other stadiums to win the Stadium battles regardless if you really need them.

Perhaps 1 more Fossil Excavation Kit?

Other than that, I'm not really sure... good luck :)

Thank you for the reply! I said this in a previous reply, but my goal with this deck is to get an Aerodactyl out and attacking on the first possible turn I can attack, and Talonflame doesn't help that goal. I'll find some space for another Float Stone, I'd rather that than a switch. Fright Night doesn't work when Wob is active anyway, so it being a tool shouldn't be an issue. I originally had Random Receiver as another item because I found some dead hands every once in a while, and it was a way to get a guaranteed something going. I'll probably remove the two of them for another float stone and a special charge. I have 2 Parallel City already, would you recommend removing them? Or adding Silent Lab in addition to them? I don't like how Silent Lab stops Wob, but I do like how it still negates some abilities when I'm attacking. I'll do some testing and leave it as an option for now. I also find 4 Excavation Kit a tad too much, as I have 10 Old Ambers with 3 kits (more with Puzzle of Time), so it should be plenty to do what I need to do. Thanks for the help!

A card that is incredibly helpful for this sort of deck (although it is expanded) is Caitlyn as it allows you to put cards on the bottom of your deck, meaning you can guarantee hits with Amber Fossil. Gale Wings Talonflame might be a good option as a starter to get the cards you need out, especially since having only 4 starters seems like you will mulligan a lot. You might also want to consider 1-2 Special Charge so you can get your DCE back. Other than that the deck seems solid. As for what to remove for those suggestions, I would prolly remove Acro Bike, Maintenance, or the hammers.

Thanks for your reply! Caitlin would be amazing, but I'm a standard-only player. :/ Talonflame doesn't work towards the goal of this deck, but if I find the goal unattainable after some more testing, I'll consider him. I'm removing 2 Random Receiver for 1 Special Charge and 1 more Float Stone, so definitely taking the advice on special charge seriously. Thanks!

Back