• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aegislash

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon-18
  • 4 Honedge XY
  • 1 Doublade XY
  • 3 Aegislash XY (with King's Sheild)
  • 1 Aegislash XY (with Buster Swing)
  • 2 Keldeo EX BCR
  • 2 Spritzee XY
  • 2 Aromatisse XY
  • 1 Voltorb PLF
  • 1 Electrode PLF
  • 1 Mr. Mime PLF

Trainers-30
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym

Energy-11
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 4 Metal Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless

Strategy

Pokemon Strategy:
Aegislash is my main Pokemon. I have Keldeo EX in the deck to reset the King's Shield attack. Aromatisse is to move Rainbow Energy around because Aegislash's attacks are a little expensive. Electrode PLF is just a tech Pokemon because of it's ability which lets you draw cards until you have 4 cards in your hand. I would've chosen Delphox XY but it was a bit too clunky. Mr. Mime PLF is to protect my bench sitters like Electrode, Aromatisse, and Keldeo EX as well as other Aegislash.

Energy Strategy:
I have 4 Rainbow Energy for Aromatisse to move around on my Aegislash. 4 Metal Energy is to power up Aegislash. 3 Double Colorless Energy is to power Aegislash up faster.

Trainer Strategy:
My supporter lines are fairly standard: 4 Juniper, 4 N, 2 Colress, and 2 Skyla. I have Dowsing Machine as my ACE SPEC because it's my favorite and, in my eyes, the most useful. The 2 Tool Scrapper are to tech against Darkrai/Garbodor decks and to tech against Muscle Band, which I may wind up running anyway. Ultra Ball is fairly self-explanatory but I'll explain in case you don't know what it does. Ultra Ball has you discard 2 cards from your hand and search for ANY Pokemon from your deck so... Yeah. I include Float Stone for Keldeo EX to get free retreat. Rare Candy is to skip the Doublade evolution. LaserBank is to just get in more damage where I need it.

blaZofgold said:
Just wondering, what are you planning to do when Lysandre comes out?

Em, pray? :p In all seriousness, it's like when Catcher wasn't nerfed: there was always the risk, but you played your decks anyway. In the case a Lysandre comes up and KO's a Pokémon, well, that's why you play so many of them. XD Besides, G-Booster, Cobalion-EX's Steel Bullet, Shred and many more also pass through King's Shield, so it's not a completely invincible wall.

On my suggestions, you could exchange a Hypnotoxic Laser to place in a Fairy Garden, to aid in the retreating. And also, Muscle Bands would have been nice, but it's either that or the Hypnobank in terms of space. Unless, of course, you'd like to remove Electrode and place 2 Bands.

So do you guys think that a couple of Fairy Garden and 4 Muscle band would be more effective than a LaserBank? In regards to blaZofgold's response. I don't really have any plans for Lysandre other than to Rush In with Keldeo EX and retreat to whatever. Also, if I do wind up playing Fairy Garden, I can drop my Float Stone for something else. Maybe a couple of Lysandre. My main concern is that there isn't really any energy acceleration so I may tech a couple Xerneas XY with Geomancy to try and start with but I'm not quite sure yet.

No, no, no, don't go the Xerneas Route because you don't have basic Fairy to accelerate. And I never said you should remove Laser Bank completely because it also has it's advantages. With both LaserBank and Muscle Band, you'll be doing 130 damage coming to your turn, ready to take out ANYTHING except beefed up Megas. You have enough Supporters, so just do this:
-1-1 Electrode
+2 Muscle Band
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser
+1 Fairy Garden
-1 Float Stone
+1 Escape Rope/Switch

That should give you a nice balance on the retreating and give you an edge in the Stadium wars, Hope I could help!

After testing this deck online, I've come to the conclusion that it's pretty solid. I am trying to find space for 1 more tool scrapper because in every matchup I had vs Darkrai/Garbodor and VirGen decks, I was constantly unable to hit a Tool Scrapper when I needed it. Thanks for all the help guys. I think this deck is gonna turn out well!

Well, not to be mood breaker, but that 3rd Tool Scrapper is... Your Dowsing Machine. What I would take out for that is either Mime or a Keldeo...

And Ps.: Change the OP so that the changes and suggestions are made easily. ;)

Back