• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aegislash

Ryan Sinclair

4-2-2 at my first Nats, 33rd/151
Pokemon - 15
  • 4-1-4 Aegislash (King's Shield)
  • 3 Keldeo EX
  • 2 Cobalion EX
  • 1 Mr. Mime

Trainers - 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 1 Evolutionary Soda
  • 2 Red Card
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy - 12
  • 9 Metal
  • 3 DCE

Strategy
Cobalion EX for earlygame, hitting for 30 (or 50 if it sees a Muscle Band) while I set up Aegislash. Mr Mime protects the frail Honedges from Darkrai and other bench hitters.
Aegislash's King's Shield does 50 damage and makes Aegislash immune to attack damage next turn, but can't use it more than once consecutively. This is why Keldeo EX is there with the 4 Float Stones. I decided 4 because of Garbodor, I can easily switch between two Aegislashes instead.

Thoughts?

Just curious why don't u run both aeigislash and pls kilnklang. The other aeigislash so u can silver bangle and hit for 150 and u can't be touched by EX's because of the klingklang

Br0vyle said:
Just curious why don't u run both aeigislash and pls kilnklang. The other aeigislash so u can silver bangle and hit for 150 and u can't be touched by EX's because of the klingklang

Because aegislash attack prevents all effects of an attack including damage so you don't need klinklang as it has a self supporting defense thus why the OP said he has keldeo ex.

I think Lasers will be one of the biggest hurtles to get over with this deck. Because of this, you could include Virizion with either Grass or Rainbow Energy to stop them. I think Rainbow would be better, because if you're supposed to be invincible the 10 damage won't affect the game because you'll never be taking hits, and Grass Energy doesn't work very well with DCE.

I also think including a really thin line of Plasma Klinklang (probably 1-0-1) wouldn't be a good idea. It protects your Honedges from being KO'd before they evolve, and it byes you time if your Aegislash with Energy get's KO'd. If not Klinklang, I'd include a 1-0-1 Dusknoir line. Since Aegislash is so weak, your opponent can just keep hiding behind giant EX's for several turns and possibly deck you out. I've seen this happen with Togekiss all the time. Dusknoir let's you take out your opponent's threats much easier.

Spiritomb also wouldn't be a bad idea. It can help you set up with Hexed Mirror, but more importantly, it blocks G Booster. This deck doesn't really have an answer to that (other than Tool Scrapper it and hope they run out of Shadow Triads), so Spiritomb would help with that.

Some other minor changes I'd make are change the Evo Soda into a 4th Rare Candy (if Doublade was already used or prized, it's useless, and it doesn't help with Dusknoir or Klinklang), and change a Heavy Ball into a Level Ball (you need to get our more Honedges than Aegislashes), and maybe change the Red Card's into another Colress and either another Skyla or a Jirachi (you don't have too many supporters). I'd also add a Super Rod in case of an unlucky Juniper early on, but I can't think of what to take out. Maybe a Tool Scrapper?

Hope I could help you with your deck!

Back