Actual 25th Anniversary Set in Fall 2021, Other Products for 2021!

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
>Another Pikachu figure collection box

WHY

Literally why did the Calyrex Rider forms not get any figure collection stuff, they're would've looked so much cool and amazing. There hasn't been any sort of TCG figure box stuff since True Steel Collection since August 2020 and this is the next one.

shiningdialga

Time dino goes rawr
Great, another set we'll never be able to get out hand on without paying three times retail! Hopefully it won't have anything playable...

Jeffelson

Aspiring Trainer
It could be all of the starter Stage 2s. They've done the Basics as jumbos (and through McDonald's), now they'll give us all of the big boys? Not saying I want that, not at all, but seems like a possibility for a mini-set.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I'm not entirely sure why but this news kinda makes me nervous that the anniversary set will be a complete wash.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I'm not entirely sure why but this news kinda makes me nervous that the anniversary set will be a complete wash.
You know what they say, one man's wash is another man's laundry.
... well, not that exactly, but you get the point. Whatever makes something better for or more appealing to one party is a letdown for someone else. But you are right, it might not be what you were expecting or hoping for. Regardless, somebody is going to like how this set turns out even if that somebody only means scalpers.
I'm more flexible with what it is. I would LIKE it to feature vintage reprints, but since I'm still working on my XY Evolutions Master Set (the first master set I've ever tried completing), I'm fine with not having another 100+ card set of vintage cards.
I will point out that, given that all the products listed above have a larger number of packs than the Detective Pikachu products, the set will probably feature at least twice as many cards. 30 cards sounds like a reasonable estimate, but it will definitely be larger than the 18 card Detective Pikachu set.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I think, considering everything going on with the pandemic, scalpers, limited print runs, etc. that this is for the best.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
Idk, I kinda think it might not be super scalped, and my brother loves Pikachu, so the figure collection might be cool providing that the figure is well made.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
my hopes arent high... im betting on literally, the Mcdonalds/GeneralMills/FirstPartner/cards.
I wouldnt mind something like a Movie Legends mini set, including Zarude, since this is when we should be getting the coco movie in the US, finally.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Over 100 dollars for the ultimate collection meanwhile I can just buy all the singles I need separately for a fraction of the price