• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Acidic Drain (Victreebel)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
Yeah, I know you've all been waiting on the next new Pokemunkulys rogue deck...well here it is!

This deck is a bit special to me as it was my league deck for a while and I built almost the whole thing without proxies, but since it failed fundamentally against Dialga G LV. X and fire types, it was not the good choice for Cities (Good thing I didn't face any Dialga G decks =P). Actually I ended up running a different rogue deck for Cities, and did pretty well (Stupid fire types), but I'll post that one later.

28 Pokemon:
3 - 3 - 2/1 Victreebel TM/LA
2 - 2 - 2/1 Vileplume/Bellossom UD
4 Spiritomb AR
1 - 1 Metapod HS
1 - 1 Blissey PL
1 - 1 Sunflora HS
1 Unown Q LA
1 Uxie LA

21 Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums
3 Broken Time Space
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Seeker
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy

11 Energy:
7 Leaf
4 Call Energy

Vilegar: Drop Bellosom instead of Vileplume and drop Blissey, outpower Gengar and Discard trainers with Blissey. WIN
Dialgachomp: LOSE
Lostgar: Don't bother dropping healers (Besides Blissey) and get trainer lock quickly. EITHER WAY
Luxchomp: Trainer lock and drop healers, then lock up Lux's and Chomps with Victreebel's body and 2HKO them with the attack while not letting bel's die. WIN
Gyarados: Trainer Lock owns Gyarados, and heals make Victreebel a 2HKO for Gyarados. 2HKO or 3HKO Gyarados' while staying alive (Usually 2HKO) and prevent new Gyarados'. WIN

May want to replace Call Energy with Rescue Energy.

Strategy:
Lock Trainers and tank with Victreebel while using its Pokebody to prevent retreats, imposing effects; instead of 30 damage, Victreebel (With Expert Belt hopefully) will be doing 70 damage (Poison) plus 20 times each tails for two coin flips. On average, 90 damage for two, and heal itself for 30, while Blissey heals another 20, possibly up to 60 total with Bellossom, and beat Dialgaless SP's. Also Gyarados and other rogue decks.

NO Shaymin LV. X, needs WAY too much set up.

if your having trouble with fire decks try adding in metapod from HGSS which takes away your weakness.

If diaglachomp is trouble may I suggest a 1-1 blaziken FB X line. This could let you pull ot the dialgas and hit hard, then against any other machup just drag high retreat pokemon up to the active spot and then lock them there with victreebel.

The problem with Metapod HS is that BLG can just drag it active and kill it off. You've effectively done nothing but give LuxChomp, BLG, and even DialgaChomp a free prize. Your 3-3-3 line is necessary so you can keep Victreebel coming and your opponent locked active, statused to death. I wouldn't drop it to a 2-2-2 unless you have lots of recovery. Even then, I think 3-3-3 is the most consistent line, IMO.

You don't need Blaziken. At all. Use Memory Berry instead. Drop one on Victreebell and use "Inviting Scent" from Bellsprout to drag stuff active. This keeps your main Pokemon lines less cluttered, and you also don't have to retreat Victreebel at all this way. I'm going to use this strategy when I eventually build my last deck for awhile, Victreeplume.

One more thing....your Pokemon count is listed as 28, when in fact you only have 26. You also have 23 T/S/S, not 21. 26+23+11=60. Also, drop Blissey PL. It's unnecessary and is a HUGE waste of bench space, and resources to get it set up. It can only heal 2, once per turn, and forces you to discard stuff in order to do it. You don't exactly have resources to burn in this deck, so I'd drop it all together. Also, IMO, you don't need all 4 BTS. I think 3 should do fine, especially since it's likely your opponent is also running it.

What also may be easier, is to up your Cyrus's to 4, and tech in a Dept. Store Girl. This way, you get an early Cyrus to look for a {G} energy and a Dept. Store Girl, and next turn you can search out any combination of E-belt's and Memory Berries, attach them, then evolve to Vileplume so you don't trainer lock yourself too early.
So in summary:
-1-1 Blissey PL
- 1 BTS
+1 Dept. Store Girl
+ 1 Cyrus's Conspiracy
+ 1 Uxie

Actually, with testing I know that Blissey is quite necessary. Also, the discard is helpful against any Gengar deck.

-1 Broken Time Space
+1 Department Store Girl

-1 Victreebel TR
+1 Victreebel LA
-1 Memory Berry
-1 Department Store Girl
+1 - 1 Metapod HS

Not dropping Metapod unless they are attacking with a fire type, so Luxray isn't so much of a problem. (Same with Garchomp). Who plays BLG anyway?

^REALLY? It's almost as common as LuxChomp, at least around here it is. Tons of people also tech in Blaziken to combat Dialga G in decks that rely on their Poke-Bodies.

Well that's good to know. Finally some good advice for MA metagame (Jk =P) But it's kind of insignificant considering I just added Metapod...

Back