• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Accelgor Gothitelle Venosaur

Slowbrother

Life is a big holiday
Hi everyone.

I've been playing with (not against) my girlfriend since BW comes out. She have a Zekeels now, but we start thinking further.
She developed a trolling and alternative style of play, like me, since her favorite deck is VVV.

Thinking about it, Accelgor and stuff could fit perfectly on her playing style.

Pokémons: 21

3-3 {G} Accelgor DEX
3-1-3 {P} Gothitelle EP (ability)
2-1-2 {G} Venusaur DEX
1-1 {P} Musharna ND
1 {D} Darkrai EX DEX

T/S/S: 29

3 Switch
2 Lvl Ball
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
3 RR
2 Max Potion

4 N
3 Bianca

Energy: 10

6 {D}
4 {C}{C} DCE

Strategy:

Set up ASAP Gothitelle. After that, Venosaur will control all your bench movement. Accelgor to inflict 50 dmg + paralize + poison. Gothitelle to take place and stuck your opponent's trainers. Musharna to draw. Darkrai to promote free retreat for who needs.

Edit: Darkrai on!

Any advice is welcome! xoxo

I personally can't see how this deck will work without Darkrai. Whilst 4 Switch is not a bad idea, it's not consistent and with Junk Arm's gone you'll be needing that free retreat to keep the lock in place continuously. My only worry though is Gothitelle getting knocked out, have you considered Max Potion? If you only have the single Darkness energy on Gothitelle, then it's not really that much of a set back. You'll just have to use your Catchers to prevent a Mewtwo being promoted.

Hope this helps!

Change your strategy to set up Gothielle first, then Venusaur. If Venusaur is out before Gothitelle, then he will be Catcher'd and KO'd right away.

JamieSerhan17 said:
I personally can't see how this deck will work without Darkrai. Whilst 4 Switch is not a bad idea, it's not consistent and with Junk Arm's gone you'll be needing that free retreat to keep the lock in place continuously. My only worry though is Gothitelle getting knocked out, have you considered Max Potion? If you only have the single Darkness energy on Gothitelle, then it's not really that much of a set back. You'll just have to use your Catchers to prevent a Mewtwo being promoted.

Hope this helps!

You're right. I tested against few decks and without Darkrai EX place the strategy is really hard.
I'm thinking about make some cuts:

-1 Switch
-2 LVL ball
-3 Cheren
-6 {G}

Giving me 12 spaces>

+1 Darkrai EX
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Catcher
+1 Gothitelle (for consistency)
+2 Max Potion
+6 {D}

This way I can discard more for Bianca. Max Potion is nice, may can save me sometimes. Maxing out my catchers > I didn't tho about Mewtwos :O

Keeper Of Night said:
Change your strategy to set up Gothielle first, then Venusaur. If Venusaur is out before Gothitelle, then he will be Catcher'd and KO'd right away.

You're absolutely right, also if Darkrai comes in. I will make those changes.

I played against this at League today, it's quite a tricky one to get around.

I didn't think so at first, but Catcher is a key factor to this deck staying alive. If your opponent starts setting up a Mewtwo EX on the bench whilst their active is stuck in the lock, obviously it can one shot the Gothitelle. I'm not really too sure if Venusaur is needed, I would up on the Level Ball as Accelgor is searchable through that. Two Darkrai would also be better, in the circumstances that one could be in the prizes.

thats my list

dark patch obv just to get darkrai set up instead of using manual attachments on him, because if you cant get a accelgor ready, darkrai can do some damage and soften the bench for accelgor, but we careful of retreating goth, because shelmets become catcher bait, so he is very situational.

3-3 Accelgor
2 Darkrai-EX
3-1-2 Venusaur
3-1-2 Gothitelle
3 Professor Juniper
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 N
3 Ultra Ball
3 Random Receiver
2 Bianca
3 Dark Patch
1 Super Rod
2 Pokemon Communication
4 DCE
8 Darkness

You might want to consider using a thinner line of accelgor, maybe 3-2, and then Mew EX. It puts a lot less pressure of you to stream stage 1s and could maybe even let you drop Venusaur for more draw to make the deck a little less clunky.

hadoken_101 said:
thats my list

dark patch obv just to get darkrai set up instead of using manual attachments on him, because if you cant get a accelgor ready, darkrai can do some damage and soften the bench for accelgor, but we careful of retreating goth, because shelmets become catcher bait, so he is very situational.

3-3 Accelgor
2 Darkrai-EX
3-1-2 Venusaur
3-1-2 Gothitelle
3 Professor Juniper
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 N
3 Ultra Ball
3 Random Receiver
2 Bianca
3 Dark Patch
1 Super Rod
2 Pokemon Communication
4 DCE
8 Darkness

I'm really like your list, gonna test it right now! Thanks!

Back