• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Accelgor 0 Retreat Cost Deck

The Pokéjester

Aspiring Trainer
This is the deck I am currently using in tournaments, it has done pretty well, but Accelgor is vulnerable to pokémon catcher/ attacks whilst on the bench, which is something I want to fix.

Energy
4{C}{C}
11{G}

Pokémon
3 Elgyem (First Contact, Noble Victories)
4 Virizion (Noble Victories)
4/4 Shelmet/ Accelgor (Dark Explorers)
2 Shaymin EX (Next Destinies)

Trainer/ Supporter/ Stadium
4 Level Ball
4 Great Ball
4 Pokémon Communication
4 Professor Oak's New Theory (might replace that with N)
4 Cheren
3 Cilan
3 Interviewer's Questions
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Main idea: Elgyem is great searcher early game, and later provides brilliant use for Pokémon communication. Build up Accelgor with DC energy, and use Deck and Cover - 50 damage + poison+ paralysis, then shuffle it into deck. Bring out + use Virizion defensively, and for good draw power, ideally build up mulitiple Accelgor on bench. This way Pokémon EX may be dealt with by using multiple deck and cover attacks consecutively turn after turn. Shaymin EX is great late game, and has proven to be a good game changer. Skyarrow Bridge, once in play, means that this deck should effectively have no retreat cost (with the excpetion of shelmet which should really be evolved before it comes out anyway.)

What I need is some way of preventing Accelgor being eliminated by cards such as Raikou EX (this has shappened a LOT!!) whilst it is on the bench. I am also building a fighting type deck which I hope to use soon, I will create a thread for it later on.

The Pokéjester said:
Accelgor is vulnerable to pokémon catcher

If it's vulnerable to Catcher, wouldn't it be best paired with Gothitelle and Darkrai? Isn't that effectively the best way to play Accelgor along with Musharna as an extra form of drawing?

PokéCastXVll said:
If it's vulnerable to Catcher, wouldn't it be best paired with Gothitelle and Darkrai? Isn't that effectively the best way to play Accelgor along with Musharna as an extra form of drawing?

When the tins come out in the Autumn, I will get Darkrai EX and use that and Gothitelle as you suggest - the other players won't know what's hit them ;)

Any suggestions that will prevent Accelgor being the victim of sniper attacks -- such as Raikou's that does 100 damage to any of my pokemon?

The Pokéjester said:
When the tins come out in the Autumn, I will get Darkrai EX and use that and Gothitelle as you suggest - the other players won't know what's hit them ;)

Any suggestions that will prevent Accelgor being the victim of sniper attacks -- such as Raikou's that does 100 damage to any of my pokemon?

:)

While I like your enthusiasm, I think this decks been hyped quite a lot already. Players will already know to expect a deck like this. It's kind of hard to predict what the format will be like come late September when the tins are released, just test play it for the moment and maybe add some proxy for the cards you don't have.

Raikou EX shouldn't really bother you. Remember it discards all {L} attached, so just play around that once they're Trainer locked with Gothitelle. Maybe use Pokemon Catcher to bring it up early and hit it with Accelgor?

darkrai and gothitelle would work great in this deck as you said it is vunruble to catcher. nice idea pokecast

nice deck though :}

Back