Absol Return viable?

hey just a thought, wouldnt shiftry from next destinies be alot of fun in this deck? i mean throw in some candies to get there faster, throw in some seekers to play your shiftries again, and to make your opponent play a poke again so u could get 2 damage on it! wooooot!

mrwillster said:
hey just a thought, wouldnt shiftry from next destinies be alot of fun in this deck? i mean throw in some candies to get there faster, throw in some seekers to play your shiftries again, and to make your opponent play a poke again so u could get 2 damage on it! wooooot!

but it's 1 flip of the coin and if you roll tails, the idea completely fails and you are left with a sitting shiftry who is weaker than poop (60 damage) and requires 3 energies. too much space for the flip of 1 coin. that 1 flip would more than likely determine the entire game lol.

let's look @ what the starting absol does to the meta pokemon after the pokebody.
CMT:
Mewtwo EX 150hp (4 energy 1HKO with your mewtwo, that is crucial means you don't need to scurry for your plus power
Celebi (left with 40hp on the bench)
Tornadus (left with 90hp)

Zekeels
Zekrom EX 160hp
Zekrom BW 110hp
Thunderus 90hp
Tynamo 10hp, 20hp (ouch. leaving an eel with 70hp)
any baby pokemon (10hp)
Smeargle 50hp

Terrkion & Landorus decks
Landorus 90hp
Terrkion 110hp
Shaymin 50hp

as you can see, it cripples all decks. making 1HKO's much easier.

So your opponent has to make 1 of 2 choices. Altering their entire game play disrupting the flow of their decks to a degree.
Choice 1, play your pokemon and take the 20 damage anyways.
Or hold off and wait until the Absol is KO'd meaning they have to wait an extra turn, losing a turn to play their evolves if they do play evolves at all.

I think Absol, when found with the right synergies is going to be a devastating card.

ok so what i can see, you're dealing this damage with the 70 + the poke body first turn/ second turn? the poke body doesnt work for when they flip over their pokes at the beginning of the game. just makin sure you know that or if im just crazy :p

mrwillster said:
ok so what i can see, you're dealing this damage with the 70 + the poke body first turn/ second turn? the poke body doesnt work for when they flip over their pokes at the beginning of the game. just makin sure you know that or if im just crazy :p

yes I know that, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that in the first 7 cards your opponent draws they will have every basic they need to set up their entire deck.

but yes, idealy T1 or T2 absol will be hitting for 70-110.

ah i see ok, and with seekers and jazz (if you use them) it applies. ok well i like this strategy! lol thanks fur pointing it out.

rileysill32 said:
let's look @ what the starting absol does to the meta pokemon after the pokebody.
Tynamo 10hp, 20hp (ouch. leaving an eel with 70hp)
any baby pokemon (10hp)

as you can see, it cripples all decks. making 1HKO's much easier.

So your opponent has to make 1 of 2 choices. Altering their entire game play disrupting the flow of their decks to a degree.
Choice 1, play your pokemon and take the 20 damage anyways.
Or hold off and wait until the Absol is KO'd meaning they have to wait an extra turn, losing a turn to play their evolves if they do play evolves at all.

I think Absol, when found with the right synergies is going to be a devastating card.
Absol/Mew/Spiritomb (or Minun). Spread with Spiritomb/Minun to KO all those tynamos T2/3, depending on if you went first or second. Unless they opened with a Tynamo, they won't be seeing many eeles on their side at all. Couple with Chandelure NXD and you have yourself a decently viable spread deck

RogueListers said:
Absol/Mew/Spiritomb (or Minun). Spread with Spiritomb/Minun to KO all those tynamos T2/3, depending on if you went first or second. Unless they opened with a Tynamo, they won't be seeing many eeles on their side at all. Couple with Chandelure NXD and you have yourself a decently viable spread deck

I think adding in a stage 2 would destroy valuable room for tech trainers especially since a deck with one of the main cards being an 80 HP absol prime, it would need very many good trainers to help sustain the pokemon and keep it alive.

EDIT:
But if the chanelure would work well with Absol, more power to it, I would try it.

Back