• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Absol Prime/Mew Prime (Masters/Cities)

qowodhks

Aspiring Trainer
This is no ordinary Gyarados!

Pokemon 22
4 Absol Prime
4 Mew Prime
4-4 Gyarados
1 Regice
2-1 Uxie Lv.X
1 Azelf
1 Unown Q

Trainers/Supporters 26
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Seeker (Hunter)
2 Bebe's Search
3 Volkner's Philosophy
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Cynthia's Feeling
4 Pokemon Rescue
2 Expert Belt
2 Junk Arm
1 Luxury Ball

Energy 12
4 Special Dark
2 Basic Dark
2 Psychic Energy
2 Warp Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Strategy: Use Regice, Volkners, Junk Arm to send all 4 Magikarps to the discard pile. Use Absol Prime's attack to send Gyarados to the Lost Zone, or use Mew Prime's attack to send Gyarados to the lost zone. Use Mew Prime to use Tail Revenge for 120, or 140 with belt. Absol Prime will hit 70~110 (sp dark + Belt) with discarding Gyarados or any other pokemon to the lost zone. Rescue Energy will immediately return Mew Prime or absol prime to my hand when knocked out. Pokemon Rescue for fast recovery too.

I'd max out the Rescue energy, probably cutting the basic darks. Furthermore, I'd forfeit the Absols for going straight Mew will be faster.
I'd fit in Snowpoints and Belts, to give Mew passable HP. While this won't really improve your SP matchup...oh wait, you still OHKO them with Belt, nvm.
I'd also still run a couple of Sableye, just to get rolling a bit faster.

I actually tried this deck, and I had some success with it. (Well, without the Absol, anyway.)

The low HP hurts you so badly, though. It's good, but it's just not competitive, IMO.

Lou Cypher is very correct in what he says to do, and I'd do all of that. It will make it much better.

Back