Absol Prime deck ideas

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
Hey i've always liked absol prime, but could never come up with a decent deck for it. I would like pokebeach member's ideas on a deck with absol. this deck is not meant to be a competitive deck, but you can make it competitive. Also this deck can an unlimited deck!!

Here's an image of absol prime for reference.

91-absol.jpg

At my Battle Roads this season I played against an interesting deck involving Absol Prime. It was focused around Mew, and I believe it had a Mandibuzz tech. Absol spreads damage to the bench because of Eye of Disaster and then Mandibuzz can get snipe kills. Mew is in there because you can get Pokémon in your hand that are worthy to attack with, then use Vicious Claw to send them to the Lost Zone. After it is in the Lost Zone, you can use its attacks with Mew. Overall interesting idea, and works relatively well.

^ The above Idea is my "favourite" way to use this card. If you don't like the sound of that though you can make a straight Spread deck with Absol + Tyranitar Prime.

Absol is your starter, and gets early damage on the board and T-Tar comes in and keeps hitting everything for 20 damage. Some people might suggest to use Kyruem to spread. I dunno Kyruem is basic, but 3 for 30 to all. T-Tar is stage 2, but only takes one darkness to do 20 damage to all =/

i know it sounds like a OK idea to use absol as a starter but DONT!!!! just simply dont. I had an idea with absol to also use lucario COL. So you use absols attack to lostzone pokemon and then come in with lucario for some damage. It will own zekrom and magnazone for i think only 2 lostzoned pokemon.

I used Absol in my LCQ deck to beat other Yanmega decks with my Stage 1 deck. But, now that we have Catcher over Reversal, it's just a win more card in that matchup.

In my Cities yesterday, I played an Absol/Kyurem/Cobalion/Electrode/Jirachi/Terrakion deck that obviously used Absol as a starter.

Play it when Skyarrow bridges comes out, as a starter/tech.
Especially in Kyurem decks, With absol prime as a starter and T2 Glaciate you OHKO Magnemites,Tynamo's and other 50 HP basics.
You also 2HKO all Stage 1 forms of stage 2's except for pignite.

alright my bad, i guess absol is a good starter NOW....the reason i said it wasnt because i tried it probly like5 months ago when testing for future decks.

Absol is imo best used for a tech against Chandelure. Its a basic, can run on 1 darkness and 1 colorless (meaning any energy accelerator besides Feraligatr can charge him up in 1 turn) and then he OHKOs Chandelure, which is pretty handy in decks that can't hit 130 without weakness. The lost zoned Pokemon from the hand hurts if you have to use it a lot, but (especially in toolbox decks that don't need all of their cards for a particular matchup) you should be able to find something to LZ. Also, thanks to its resistance to Psychic and its 80 HP, it can survive a second Chandelure on the next turn so long as it doesnt take burn damage, and 1 retreat is very reasonable.

joe said:
alright my bad, i guess absol is a good starter NOW....the reason i said it wasnt because i tried it probly like5 months ago when testing for future decks.
Absol was probably in its prime (>>>>>PRIME<<<<<< lmk if you died laughing) five months ago, when Reversal was still legal. It was amazing in Yanmega/Magnezone to prevent relying on a T2 Reversal to take the KO on their benched card.

I feel like this guy will get pretty good with dark rush/ dark patch and sky arrow bridge and all. I might hold off on him till then.

joe said:
i know it sounds like a OK idea to use absol as a starter but don't!!!! just simply don't. I had an idea with absol to also use lucario COL. So you use absols attack to lostzone pokemon and then come in with lucario for some damage. It will own zekrom and magnazone for i think only 2 lostzoned pokemon.
Your grammar needs to stop.

Back