Absol from “Raging Surf” Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Absol has been revealed from the Japanese set SV3a Raging Surf, which releases in Japan on September 22nd. We expect Raging Surf to be incorporated into Paradox Rift, our November set.
Absol – Darkness – HP100
Basic Pokémon
[C] Draw Sense: You may discard any number of cards from your hand. Then, draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand.
[C][C] Enhanced Slash: 20+ damage. If this Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool attached, this attack does 60 more damage.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Reeistance: None
Retreat: 1
It was also revealed that the Japanese set will contain reprints of the Rare Candy and Switch arts first seen in Scarlet & Violet base set...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
These Pokemon with "[C]: Set-up effect." are quite useful on pre-releases, or even just in general on kitchen tables. When it's very unintuitive for a new player to put a bunch of Trainers in their deck, these types of Pokemon are quite intuitive.

More artworks like this one please, unique and beautiful.

Ban 5bangraphics btw

Shinji Kanda's work reminds me a lot of Tomokazu Komiya's, except a little less cursed. I don't like how busy some of Kanda's card artwork is, but this Absol is pretty good. Slowbro SVI and Ariados LOR are my favorites from this artist so far.

Back