Absol ex from “Ruler of the Black Flame!”

This Absol ex is unimpressive.

1-Why did they not make the "Future Sight" attack an ability that you can only use one of a turn?

2-I would see it being more playable if it was 4 or less on the second attack instead of 3, then you could at least pair it with Judge in the early game to do 220.

I am not even really a control player anyway, so this isn't really my type of ex anyway.

So far this entire Obsidian Flames set is turning out to be a very disappointing set, probably just gonna be full of all those filler ex's and Charizard ex being the only good one.

Luckily the gap between it and the 151 set won't be so big.

Functionally it looks okay? At the very least a decent late game sweeper vs Gardevoir, but other than that not much offensive pressure. Cool art though, always loved Absol as a Pokemon

Functionally it looks okay? At the very least a decent late game sweeper vs Gardevoir, but other than that not much offensive pressure. Cool art though, always loved Absol as a Pokemon
vs Gardevoir not gonna be worth it. you can’t play Iono+boss during same turn. for that MU Umbreon vmax is much better

Art is amazing

That drag is pretty garbage, and tyranitar is not really good either... Fighting doesn't benefit from it, no idea why you'd run it
Tyranitar I would at least argue could be played like some casual tank deck, whatnot with 340 HP and a 1 energy attack that mills. Nothing competitively worthwhile, but enough for someone to build casually and get a decent time out of.

A lot of the starter deck exs, especially Dragonite, fail to even do that.

Nobody's mentioned that this is like the first real EX Artwork we've had in forever? This looks so much better than 5ban.

Nobody's mentioned that this is like the first real EX Artwork we've had in forever? This looks so much better than 5ban.
People have mentioned and appreciated that it's not a CG art, and non-CG exes aren't actually that uncommon at all. Noivern ex, Copperajah ex, Lycanroc ex, Toxicroak ex, Magnezone ex...

Cursed Slug??? Huh???? This thing isn't a slug. There are, presumably, no shotgun slugs in pokemon. I hope that's not the official English translation...

Kinda disapointed. Absol cards are always fun to play with. But this, I don’t know. Yes, it is more interesting than your normal card. The second attack is kinda to linnear and requires direct support due to 3 Energies all needing to be Dark. Fun requirement, but to linnear. And the first attack isn’t that consequentiall.

Comparing this to Absol's OG ex card and you will see my expectation. Especially when considering that basic Dark Energies didn’t exist back then.
Always?

Back