Absol Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokebeach Moderator

*removed*
Today I am going to be talking about an overlooked card from Triumphant: Absol Prime.
91_Triumphant_Absol_Prime.jpg

Call me crazy, but I see this to be a nice card. 80 HP is mediocre, and the one retreat is okay. Fighting weakness could be better, especially because Donphan is still being played in google's. The psychic resistance is nice though. I see this card as something that could be an up and coming threat this format, mainly for it's Poke-Body "Eye Of Disaster." The main part that bugs me about this card, however, is that it must be in your active position for this to take effect. Another downfall of Absol is the two energy cost for it's attack "Vicious Claw." This attack could possibly be teched in a Mew variant, especially if you were looking for some damage to be done. However, the two energy cost is a real thorn in your side that renders this attack practically useless. I am posting this to help revive a popular idea that gained some steam early this format: Mandibuzz.
http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/73-mandibuzz-black-white-bw.jpg
Welcome ladies and gentlemen! Mandibuzz BW! 90 HP is okay, but the lightning weakness is pretty bad. If a Zekrom had Bolt Strike built up it would OHKO without taking weakness even into consideration though, so see that as you might. The fighting resistance isn’t bad though. Anyhow, I’m really enjoying this card. Early this format, many people were hyping Mandibuzz with Kingdra Prime from Unleashed. Kingdra was being paired with Mandibuzz for its Poke Power which made it so Mandibuzz was able to use its first attack. This combination was somewhat viable back then, but now that Catcher is in print, Kingdra is practically a sitting duck. This is why I’ve decided to use Absol. I’ve been testing with Mandibuzz, Absol, and Muk from Undaunted, and have come across what seems to be a very nice google’s counter. If you have an Absol in your active position at the beginning of a game against, let’s say a google’s, as soon as they Pokemon Collector to get their Pichu, Solosis, and Oddish, all three of them will be 10-20 HP away from a KO. Wow! See what wonders Absol can work? Now as soon as they go to evolve said Oddish and Reuniclus, you can bring up a Mandibuzz you’ve been building up and snipe away! Now don’t get too excited, Absol isn’t as good as it sounds. You might want to try various techs, such as Darkrai-Cresselia Legend, and Ditto from Triumphant. Kyurem might also be a good idea, especially paired with Archeops. Thanks for taking the time to read, guys!

Mandibuzz has 90HP. I like Absol as a tech in Kyurem. The thing about it is that it's a win more card. If you go first, and have the Collector to get the Absol out of your deck in the active position, you would be in amazing spot with or without the card. Going first with Collector is one of the biggest advantages you can get in the game. Past that first turn, Absol has very little use, and remember it can be Catchered out of the active spot just as easily as Kingdra can be Catchered and KO'd.

Absol/Mandibuzz is an interesting combo that's not very talked about, but as you say it's not as good as it sounds. KOing those three things Absol gets damage on only gets you so far in a game.

Yeah. I don't plan on going anywhere big with this idea, I just thought I'd talk about it is all. Also, I concur about it being only useful that first turn. But also, I kindof built this deck as a google's counter, so I don't think it being catchered is a worry.

You should write a bit about Kyurem, and maybe post your google's counter list.
Also, where it says "Ladies and gentlemen" you should make it just say "Ladies" because that's hot.

Since the OP is banned, I'm going to lock this.

If you want to discuss Absol more, please use this thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-absol-prime-deck-ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back