• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

About Chandeliers and IceCreams

ChandeTelle130

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys this is my first thread and it is about my Chandelure Vanilluxe deck that I'm building, so here's the list:

Pokemon: 19
4 Litwick (the Call for Family one)
2 Lampent (NVI 59)
4 Chandelure (NVI 60)
2 Vanillite (ND 31)
2 Vanillish (ND 32)
2 Vanilluxe (ND 33)
3 Darkrai EX

T/S/S: 31
4 N
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
2 Super Rod
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Switch
3 Dark Patch
2 Tropical Beach

Energy: 10
4 Blend Energy (DGPF)
6 {D}

Hope you guys help me :)

This is just for me:

Is this the Slippery Soles Vanilluxe? And that's supposed to help get out more Chandelure to Cursed Shadow multiple times, and then combo with Switch?

I think it's an interesting idea, but how much damage do you do consistently? You would need 2-3 Chandelure to make this deck really potent...?

Had to delete my post b/c I forgot the Switch/Chandelure combo...but I would make room for Tool Scrapper. Garbodor can seriously mess you up. What about:

-3 Cheren

+1 Juniper
+2 Tool Scrapper

With Tropical Beach, and all of your draw in the deck, I don't think you would need Cheren? I would try to make room for Ultra Ball too (Dark Patch fuel)...just not sure where to fit it in

oldskool13 said:
Had to delete my post because I forgot the Switch/Chandelure combo...but I would make room for Tool Scrapper. Garbodor can seriously mess you up. What about:

-3 Cheren

+1 Juniper
+2 Tool Scrapper

With Tropical Beach, and all of your draw in the deck, I don't think you would need Cheren? I would try to make room for Ultra Ball too (Dark Patch fuel)...just not sure where to fit it in

Ohh I always forget about Garbodor... ¡Thanks a lot!

oldskool13 said:
Had to delete my post because I forgot the Switch/Chandelure combo...but I would make room for Tool Scrapper. Garbodor can seriously mess you up. What about:

-3 Cheren

+1 Juniper
+2 Tool Scrapper

I always forget about Garbodor... thanks for bringing that up¡
I don`t think I need Ultra Ball because of Juniper, but I don't know...

The thing about Stage 2 decks this format is they have to be quick and consistent. Obviously, two Stage 2's is not ideal, but that doesn't mean it won't work. I think it's good that you have Tropical Beach in here, but Cheren kind of clashes with it. If you used Cheren that turn and can't burn your hand, Tropical Beach (not sure if you plan to attack with Darkrai, but you have Dark Patch in your list) will give you three less cards, so it almost wouldn't have mattered if you used Cheren or not. Unfortunately, there aren't much better choices, and you still need Supporters of course, so I think I'd take out a Cheren for a Juniper. You have two Super Rods anyway.

Also, I imagine your field will look something like this: Two Benched Vanilluxe and one Benched Darkrai providing free retreat. Assuming the remaining three slots are devoted to Chandelures, if you aren't attacking with Darkrai, you have enough ways of switching out without Switch. If you are attacking with Darkrai, you can only use two Chandelures per turn. Either way, I would consider dropping the Switch count.

I also feel the 2-2-2 line could be just 2-1-2 since you're running the Rare Candy anway. That would give you room for the fourth Catcher. But overall, looks pretty good!

i was just about to say no victini until i relized wrong expansion

I think its a very clever idea, however I kind of imagine all the pieces not quite fitting together right. Have you deck tested? how often do you manage to get more then one chandelure into play???

Back