• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Abmew

Darkscyther

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys I just started playing Pokemon a few months ago. I used to play Zekeels, but with the new set coming out I want to change up decks to match the dark theme. So here is my first Mew deck. Feel free to tell me what I am doing wrong with it.

Pokemon:
Mew Prime-4
Absol Prime-3
Darkrai Ex-2
Shaymin(celebration wind)-2
Terrakion-(NVI) 2
Jumpluff-2
Crobat Prime-1
Mandibuzz-(BW) 1
Bisharp (Dark) -1
Heatmor (Dark rush)-1

Trainers/ supporters:
Junk Arm-2
Super Rod-1
Level Ball -3
Pokemon Catcher-3
Dark Patch- 4
Random Receiver-3
Ultra Ball -2
N-2
Pokemon Collector- 3
Professor Oak's New Theory- 3
Professor Juniper-3

Energy:
4 Prism
2 Darkness E
6 Dark energy

The Deck is mainly used as a quicker way for mew to see off, turn one you would hit for 70 and put a Pokemon in the lost zone using Absol with manual attach and a dark patch. After turn one, use Mew/ Absol as you attackers.

Try using chandelure too. It helps a lot against decks like zekeels so you can snipe their tynamos. I wouldn't really use that many absol prime. I'm not even really sure if it's needed since you usually want to start with mew prime so you can put the best Pokemon against the deck you are facing in the lost zone T1 and it will be hard to use mew's attack again if it's not T1.

Jirachi said:
Try using chandelure too. It helps a lot against decks like zekeels so you can snipe their tynamos. I wouldn't really use that many absol prime. I'm not even really sure if it's needed since you usually want to start with mew prime so you can put the best Pokemon against the deck you are facing in the lost zone T1 and it will be hard to use mew's attack again if it's not T1.
hes goal seems to be to use absol T1 and lost zone something for mew that way. that way he does dmg and lost zone at the same time.
i would recommand using P. communication insted of level ball just so you can increase your chances at lost zoning the pokemon you want with absol.

also increase your junk arm count to 4 to increase your chances at discarding a darkness energy.
id also recommend experimenting with sages training.

With absol you have to search for the card to lost zone it away while you can just use mew and you don't have to have it in your hand. Plus absol takes a dark and a colorless to use vicious claw while mew only uses one energy so it is better to start out with mew almost always having the card you need in the lost zone T1.

I tried the deck out at my League tonight, in conclusion it was an epic fail. It was great in theory, but not very consistent :(

What went wrong is you have no back up attackers, it's just Mew and Absol, and there are too many pokemon to put in the LZ. Try Muk, Zoroark and Jumpluff as Lost Zone campers, and replace the rest of the LZ campers with decent attackers

absol isnt rlly good, but if you rlly want to run him i know you can make it consistent. cut sum fat from the deck. up cards like ultraball. remove things like level ball. ect...

You could try changing it to more of a meesiemew deck since it is pretty good and pretty consistent.

I don't think EA would be much good in this deck because I usually find junk arm, juniper, and ultra ball enough. I think more draw power could certainly be added such as sage's or another juniper or more N.

Please add the names of the main Pokémon to the title of the deck.

Shortened names like TyRam only work for well known decks.

Also, please add translations of all cards not released in English.

I would take out Collector tbh. I took it out of my Absol/Mew deck and run just Level/Ultra Ball for searching, and I haven't missed it. Also, I'd suggest adding Zoroark BW and Zebstrika NXD to the see off list. I also have Shaymin EX there, but that's really just personal preference.
Zoroark helps by just being a good counter to whatever your opponent is playing (obviously), Zebstrika can lock your opponent or (as a last-ditch effort) snipe for 80 while discarding 2 prisms/Rainbows. Shaymin EX gives you the benefit of doing up to 150 damage for GC without worrying about losing the next turn with a revenge KO. Also, vs Terrakion, you don't even need to LZ it.

@Glaceon: reminds me of when I made T-Tar/Dragons and named it TyRam. Everyone at League got really confused when I flipped over Larvitar after boasting about how great my TyRam deck was :p

Back