Ruling Abilities, Pokepowers, Pokebodies

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
When I saw the B/W Ability cards, I didn't really get them, and I still don't. Are they used like Pokepowers or Pokebodies? Also, what will the Pokebodies and Pokepowers become? Do they stay the same? Thanks.

Abilities are like Pokepowers, because you can use them when you want during your turn (refer to Reuniclus) and they are also like Pokebodies, because some of them are always active (refer to Samurott) Pokepowers and Pokebodies will stay the way they are, neither being abilities. Grumpig (from TU) will not turn off Abilities with his attack, and Dialga G lvl X will not turn off Abilities with his Pokebody.

Just to make this a little more official,

Stickied FAQ said:
Q. What are Abilities?
A. Abilities are the new successor to Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies, and their debut is in the BW bloc. Abilities are reminiscent of Pokemon Powers since they combine both Power- and Body-like effects; however they are not the same. Abilities are totally and distinctly separate from Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, and Pokemon Powers. Any cards that reference Abilities will affect Abilities only; similarly, any card that does not reference Abilities will not affect Abilities at all. For example, you cannot use TGI G-103 [Power Spray] to stop an Ability from being used. Special Conditions will also not prevent the use of Abilities.

dmaster out.

Back