• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format A Whole Lot of Potential! (Noivern / Gourgeist / Meowstic)

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
This deck has a lot of potential because of the incredible spread damage of this deck and spirit scream color drained city combo from Gourgeist to take out Mega EX Pokemon. Here is the list I am thinking of.

Pokemon:
  • 3 Noibat
  • 3 Noivern(Boomburst)
  • 1 Espurr
  • 1 Meowstic
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Gourgeist(Spirit Scream)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Acro Bike
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Color Drained City (Could not be translated right, stadium that puts 2 damage counters on mega Pokemon between turns)
  • 3 Exp. Share
Energy:
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 1 Dark Energy
  • 7 Psychic Energy

Last edited:
It feels pretty clunky. Two nearly full evolution lines seems somewhat difficult to consistently get what you want when you want. It also feels a bit difficult to pull off in reality - 2/3 damage counters at a time means it'd take 9/6 turns to KO normal EXs.

From my experience in running a Gourgeist deck since last season, I highly suggest you now incorporate Level Balls in order to get you Basic Pokemon out as quickly as possible. Consider running at least 2; 3 would be better. Consider:

-1 Acro Bike
-1 Repeat Ball
-1 Pokemon Fan Club
+3 Level Ball

Secondly, Pumpkaboo (Confuse Ray) is a FANTASTIC starter (and third attacker) since its attack will auto-Confuse the Defending Pokemon. This can be critical at times to disrupting your opponent and buy you some time. I'd suggest you max this Pokemon out to 4. Consider:

-1 Shauna / EXP Share
+1 Pumpkaboo

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I'll have to try out your suggestions, I like Pokemon Fan Club though cause in the games I've played, I get the Repeat Ball also, so I can get out three basics! If you run a bunch of Level Balls you lose to Vileplume a little more I would think. You can't search for Noivern or Gourgeist with it, I might try two level ball and keep the Repeat Ball. Reason I don't run Shaymin EX for better draw is because your opponent can Lysandre is out and take two prizes, you don't get to attack with Noivern and Gourgeist as much. One more Pumpkaboo could be beneficial because you want Gourgeist to be your opening starter cause it is only one energy attachment, harder to pull of turn two Noivern than a turn two Gourgeist. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
I feel this deck has some potential to say the least. Level balls will help get the strategy going quickly. If you want help on the list, post it in Deck Garage and I could help there.

Hello Mcsonic. First of all, nice list. The idea is awesome but I have some suggestions to changed the list´s way of playing.
From my personal point of view, shaymin ex is a great addition wich allows you to succeed in using gourgeist´s attack + Stadium combo the fastest you can.I see to many supporters so I would remove some of them to make more Vs Seekers and Shaymin EX fit in the deck. I would add more Trainer´s mail in order to find those key trainers such as Color - Drained city or Vs seeker. I´m also adding one lyssandre because it would be a bother to lose one in your price cards and changing those 2 dark energies for two psychic energies(This shouldn't be a problem because noivern also needs psychic energies).

So, these are the adjustments I suggest:

-4 Professor Birch's Observations (You can change this for Shauna, as you want. I prefer Shauna because I know I´m always going to draw five cards)
+1 Professor sycamore
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Trainer´s mail

-1 Shauna
+1 Shaymin EX

-1 Acro Bike
+1 Shaymin EX

-1 Noivern
+1 Lyssandre

I hope this helps ^^

I'll have to see, I dislike the idea, like I said, cause what if your opponent doesn't mega evolve because they know what's up, if they just keep their regular EX in play attacking. If they bring out your Shaymin EX and knock it out, because if this being able to happen, your opponent only has to knock out four pokemon so you can't get enough damage on the field in time to win. With two Shaymin EX it's even easier for your opponent to win fast.

I'll have to try out your suggestions, I like Pokemon Fan Club though cause in the games I've played, I get the Repeat Ball also, so I can get out three basics! If you run a bunch of Level Balls you lose to Vileplume a little more I would think. You can't search for Noivern or Gourgeist with it, I might try two level ball and keep the Repeat Ball. Reason I don't run Shaymin EX for better draw is because your opponent can Lysandre is out and take two prizes, you don't get to attack with Noivern and Gourgeist as much. One more Pumpkaboo could be beneficial because you want Gourgeist to be your opening starter cause it is only one energy attachment, harder to pull of turn two Noivern than a turn two Gourgeist. Thanks for the tips!
As we all know, Item-locking is a very real and popular tactic; and with the release of AO Vileplume, there are now 3 ways an opponent can Item-lock on his/her 1st turn. So, the 2 Pokémon Fan Club slots have merit, especially if players in your area utilize this particular tactic a lot. Even so, the "50%" of the time you go first, your setup speed will be enhanced by the Level Balls, and you'll still be able to play a Supporter too that same turn. Also, should your opponent not Item-lock you on his/her 1st turn, you again have an opportunity to get more Basic Poké into play on your 1st turn with Level Balls. My idea behind behind the 3 Level Balls is that on your turn 1 hopefully you go first (but if not, there is still a good chance); and get 4 Basic Poké onto your bench most (80%+) of the time.

With only 1 Repeat Ball, chances are low you will draw into it. But, I do understand your strategy. Maybe increase the number of Repeat Balls as another option to test?

Also, have you tested other techs like Hard Charm or Xerosic instead of Exp. Share?

I made some changes to the deck, thoughts? I went to a 4-4 Gourgeist instead of a 4-4 Noivern. I have a 3-3 Noivern now and I dropped one dark for another P Energy. =)

That 4th Pumpkaboo will definitely earns its keep.

IMO, a 4-3 Gourgeist line is quite sufficient. I found the 4th Pumpkabo to be just that critical (at lest for me). The 4th Gourgeist was not found to be critical in my testing since I also run Sacred Ash like you. So, you may have another slot to use for testing.

@Mcsonic00 Have you tested Hard Charms yet (maybe -3 Exp. Share)? This is the next variation I plan to test in my deck.

Back