Help A way to substitute Lele?

Moosh

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all! I'm new here on PokeBeach, and relatively new to Pokemon tcg. I've been playing regularly for the past couple of months or so at my local league. Most of the players have top tier decks, with a small number like myself with lesser decks. I often win against the latter, but only win against the better decks with lucky draws on my part, or bad hands on their part (we play single game rounds).

I love grass decks, and Golisopod is my favorite Pokemon. Fortunately, I got lucky pulling Golisopod GX, and I've made a deck around this. I have been really liking this deck! I have playsets of all the staple trainers, items, etc. I am also in the process of getting Zoroark and Garbodor for strong (non-grass) variants.

However, I have NO Lele! Looking at the price, and how it keeps going up, up, up, I am unlikely to get one anytime soon either.

I have seen people post Oranguru or Octillery as draw support alternatives for Lele. However, the main role of Lele (and why it is in 90%+ of top decks), seems to be to brigette first turn and have three more on the bench.

Since this is the case, I was wondering if *only* having brigette as a supporter (maybe 2 or 3x) and then using random receiver to guarantee her would be viable. Then using items like 4x switch and float stone (and/or zoroark/zorua) for movement and Oranguru for draw support. 4x Evosoda for stage 1 evolutions, and...something (maybe just playing more energies) to get the energy needed (not much if Golisopod is moving properly for first impression).

The drawbacks to this are no Guzma, no 6-7card sycamore/N, and most especially no Acerola, who is so great in this deck.

What do you think? Setting up the bench doesn't seem as critical with Golisopod as with other decks. However, every single Golisopod decklist still features tapu lele, so I'm wondering if I am missing something.

Is there a way to make Golisopod viable without Lele?

Any thoughts? The alternative is to skip the Bridgette start altogether, and use draw cards (sycamore/N/Lillie) to go for at least a two card start (wimpod/Golisopod and one more to switch for 120 turn 2).

No this is awful. You are litterally gutting all the consistency supporters just so can increase the odds of opening a brigette. Not only that but once you play that brigette all remaining brigettes and random recievers are completely dead cards left in the deck

Back