• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard A Rougue Malamar Deck (Malamar / Ariados / Dragalge)

nepeta100

Aspiring Trainer
I have been having fun messing around with this particular deck and I was just wondering if there was anyway I could make it better i don't expect it to ever be tier 1 or anything any help is appreciated

Pokémon
: 18
  • 4 Inkay (XY 74)
  • 3 Malamar (XY-P 58)
  • 1 Malamar (AO 46)
  • 2 Spikarak (AOR)
  • 2 Ariados (AOR)
  • 2 Skrelp (FLF)
  • 2 Dragalge (FLF)
  • 1 Bunnelby (PC)
  • 1 Yveltal (XY)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Bridgette
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Shauna
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Sparkling Robe
  • 1 Switch
Energy: 12
  • 7 Darkness Energy
  • 1 Dangerous Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Poison and confuse the opponent so they literally cant do anything with malamar out and proceed with sweet sweet stall until victory by deck out or prizes

Issues: really no damage in entire deck any zoroark deck can rush in and remove status, takes a while to set up

Hmmm.
Poison with Ariados, Poison Barrier with Dragalge, Evolve Haunter and confuse, make Malamar promo that makes you always flip tails and hope they don't draw a switch? Watch as the flip tails and KO themselves with confusion? Maybe add Vileplume so no switch cards.
Had a thought. . .
Ariados (AOR)/ Hypno (BKP)/ Haunter (BKT)+ Ninetales (DEX 19) Hexed Flame!

Hmmm.
Poison with Ariados, Poison Barrier with Dragalge, Evolve Haunter and confuse, make Malamar promo that makes you always flip tails and hope they don't draw a switch? Watch as the flip tails and KO themselves with confusion? Maybe add Vileplume so no switch cards.
Had a thought. . .
Ariados (AOR)/ Hypno (BKP)/ Haunter (BKT)+ Ninetales (DEX 19) Hexed Flame!
You could use a sparkling robe to prevent special conditions... Maybe add bats to tack on extra damage? Just a thought

The FLF Dragalge is nice to prevent retreating, but the new Breakpoint Dragalge I like is even better. Like Fr33land said, using a switch defeats Dragalge's ability, as well as having a Garbador. I really wish they would reprint some of the older poison cards because I really want to make a good poison deck in standard.

Off-topic, sorry. . . but
Sigilyph BKP + Burst Balloon / Aegislash BKP?
Sigilyph is a pain to get rid of, you basically have to Lysandre around it continually, attack it at your peril: between it's first attack and Burst Balloon you'll be KO'd for sure by Aegislash's first attack. Maybe Bats too so everyone can have some pain.

I have a feeling that the opponent would just not attack sigilyph until they could one shot it and then you would only do mediocre damage in return. Because burst balloon only works for one turn the opponent wont attack on that turn I don't feel like that strategy would work well due to the fact you have to give up your turn doing damage to hope your opponent does damage to you

vileplume could work but then I'm locked out of items as well and that's like another line of pokemon too many

Back