a new moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwelgbelg

Need strategy?
Hey, looks like we have a new moderator
So congratulations to you, DocRobot_K-176

But how did you manage to achive the title of moderator anyway?

thanks for posting something that I told you, well I'm wondering about that too. and congrats doc, hope many may follow

BTW, what can mods do, except edit posts
and, can I edit a post edited by a mod, if not, can mods edit posts edited by a mod?

Thanks...

I think you've pretty much seen what mods can do already; they can edit/delete posts and move/close/sticky topics. My job is simply to enforce the boundaries of the forum. There will come times were I will have to make difficult decisions, but I'll deal with them when the time comes. I'm not allowed to talk much more about it, so I'll have to stop there.

I haven't quite taken the time to change my profile. I don't use large sigs because most of my posts are lengthy. I also haven't taken the time to write a mini bio. Later on, I might make an AIM account that isn't personally identifiable. You'll see it listed under my posts if I do.

I guess I should change my avatar from Zero to a Chain Chomp from Super Mario Bros. 3. RAWR!

*shrugs*

hi, welcome, congrats, don't lock/delete/move this :D.

BTW, your posts are really long, I usually give up reading after a few sentences and go to another thread, but you seem to know much.

Regarding your question of whether or not you can edit a post that a moderator edits, the answer is yes. I did. =)

Yeah, that's one of my things. For whatever reason, I tend to speak with an academic tone, and often go on for a long time talking about something. I realize that my posts are somewhat lengthy, but I am trying to work on that a little bit more.

I'm still try to get a feel for how the system works. Once I feel comfortable, I should be able to do my job more effectively. I try to act like a regular user when I am posting (like this right now), and I will still try to avoid talking down to people even when doing my job.

I'm sure there will be people that will question my actions and my new role in this forum. That is something that only time will resolve.

If you have any questions about anything, or need help with something, feel free to PM me at any time.

I'm 19, around the age of many of the other moderators. I'm currently going to college and am looking at a major in engineering. Math, computer technology, and science are my strongest subjects.

It is difficult to say what lies ahead of me. I will just have to keep pursuing my interests and I'll see where I end up in a few years.

Cons to you, DocRobot_K-176.

What did you do to earn a title as a Super Moderator???

Wow, you're 19, I'm only 12.

armaldo you're only 12! heh i thought you were 14, i'm 13. anyway congrats doc. on the super mod. thing, pretty cool.

Arcanine out.

this is not an age thread.
well, congrats on being a super mod in your first month of being a mod :p
BTW, can you do anything more then a normal mod?

Thanks for the support. I can't talk about it much, but a super moderator is like a normal moderator, but has a greater range of control and can perform a few extra actions.

To be quite honest, I am kind of surprised by the quick changes. I was once a normal user who didn't want to become a moderator or admin whatsoever. My favorite activities on this forum have always been participating in discussions, and I thought that a position like that would interfere with it, which I found out wasn't the case.

As before, I hope to make these forums a better place.

I guess as a super mod, people might look at you more as someone who knows all or someone who will correct every little mistake. Or maybe even fear you :p. Well, anyways, too bad that you can't say anything.

only six days more and it's you're a mod for a month (looked at the date of this thread)... that is if we survive 06/06/'06 :p

BTW, is your picture just black, cause I can only see black
forget that, I like those magikarp

Are you talking about my avatar? Right now, it should show 3 Magikarp swimming in an ocean, with one of them being gold with a glow around it. Maybe your browser doesn't support PNG format; I've changed it to jpg- can you see it now?

I guess people fear moderators because many activities associated with moderation result in negative interactions (don't double post, please don't reply to dead topics, stop insulting other users, I'm closing your thread... bwahaha, etc). I do not want people to fear me (except for people that are offensive, or intent on causing trouble of course). In fact, I want people to be able to talk to me and freely be able to ask meaningful questions about the forum or anything else that concerns them.

I was once online with a few normal members and about 7 moderators.
So, I had to make sure everything I post has NO mistakes AT ALL .

So, even me being a strategists need to post correctly to keep my name as a strategists. So, every member has to be careful. Having moderators also reduce the number of people spamming and cursing others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back