• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard A More Consistent Dusk Mane Deck

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone! It's been a minute since I've posted a new deck on here so I wanted to share a list I'm very excited about: Silvally-GX/Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX.

The inspiration for this deck came about in two places. First, I played against a version of this deck online and was immediately impressed with how fast and consistent it looked. Secondly, there was a Silvally-GX/Tapu Bulu-GX deck a couple months ago that gained some attention after winning a few League Cups. I remember seeing the list online and liking the concept of it, so I applied that strategy to my build and thus, my Silvally-GX/Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX deck was born!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Type: Null CIN 89
* 2 Silvally-GX UPR 116
* 2 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX UPR 90
* 1 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 1 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 N NVI 92
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Multi Switch BUS 164
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 1 Psychic Memory CIN 98

##Energy - 14

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 10 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So I've play-tested this deck a bunch over the past two weeks or so, and after about 30-40 games it has around a 75% win rate. I strongly believe that this is a better way to run Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX compared to it's Magnezone variant for multiple reasons:

1. Silvally-GX gives this deck versatility. Silvally-GX gives all my Basics free retreat, has Energy acceleration, and a powerful GX attack. It also has access to it's Memory Tools, which allow it to OHKO relevant Pokémon in the Meta while providing Energy acceleration at the same time. I'm currently running 2 Fire Memory and 1 Psychic Memory because Fire Memory allows Silvally-GX to deal with things like Golisopod, Decidueye, Metagross, and opposing Dusk Mane. Psychic Memory allows me to deal with mainly Buzzwole, but is also useful against things like Espeon. I only play one Psychic Memory because I run a copy of Mewtwo EVO so I have other Psychic-type coverage, plus I don't want to clunk the deck up with too many Memory Tools. The Memory cards are definitely the most flexible spots in the deck. You could opt for running Fighting Memory over Fire Memory if you want to give yourself an option of OHKOing Zoroark-GX with Turbo Drive. You could run two Psychic memory due to Buzzwole being everywhere. There's a number of combinations you could do and all are viable.

One of the biggest concerns people have with Silvally-GX is it's Energy costs. I will say between Max Elixirs, DCE, and other Energy acceleration Pokemon such as Rayquaza and Registeel, I've had no problem getting a Silvally-GX up and running as early as Turn 2.

2. Not as reliant on Abilities. If you're running the Magnezone version and your opponent shuts off Abilities and you have no way to counter it, you lose. With the Silvally-GX variant, however, you're not relying on Abilities to accelerate Energy. If Gyro Unit gets shut off it can make things a bit troublesome, but it's definitely not an auto-lose. You're still able to accelerate Energy which keeps the pressure on your opponent.

3. Your strategy is flexible. With the Magnezone variant, your strategy never changes, which can be both a good and bad thing. With the Silvally variant, your strategy is much more flexible. Going up against a Fire-type deck? Focus more on using Silvally, which can get a OHKO with it's GX attack, a 2HKO on something else, and then bring in your Dusk Mane that you've been accelerating Energy onto for the last two prizes. Even if your opponent takes out the Dusk Mane they still have to deal with Silvally which has a respectable 210 HP. If you're going against Buzzwole, you have Mewtwo which is great against that matchup, you also have Rayquaza and Registeel to accelerate Energy onto your Dusk Mane instead of Silvally, and because I run a copy of Psychic Memory, it gives me another out to OHKO Buzzwole. Plus, Gyro Unit allows me to be a bit more flexible with my board state.

I'd say the two decks that can give this build trouble are Buzzwole variants and Greninja. However, as I stated above, I'm running cards that help against Buzzwole and Greninja is just naturally inconsistent so I feel like this deck holds a great position in the current Meta.

I'd like to hear your feedback. Any changes you'd make or just any advice in general? Thanks for reading!

Back