A Meta Snapshot: Dutch Nationals

PokeKid Brandon said:
What kind of stuff was in the Luxray GL deck that made top cut?

Lou shouldn't know, but I do. However, Im not spoiling anything about it, except it was rather just a Toolbox variant with Luxray teched in rather than Luxray being a dominant factor. A good friend of mine played this.

d master342 said:
Few SP = Few SP counters.
Fixed that up. :p

I'm actually not surprised about Flygon (then again, I do play the deck). Compared to the Top 16, Flygon pretty much had a decent matchup compared to all of them. Just wished that I saw the actual variants of Flygon in the Top 16.

I guess there was a few, but I should've specified that No = No in Top Cuts. I didn't mean the whole Tournament. >__>

dmaster out.

Yeah, but they weren't as dominant as Flygon.

dmaster out.

Of course they wouldn't be. Flygon's consistency and versatility makes it a great metagame deck choice. =P

Yeah, and the ones listed weren't SP counters, so No SP = No SP counters statement is still valid.

dmaster out.

Yeah, I'm done arguing against that.

Then again, that's good news anyway, considering the metagame changed since RR's release.

TDA said:
No Gallade E4 x?and were the palkia g?
You could ofcourse opt to read.

chefz11 said:
I am assuming that palkia/dialga was g
Obviously so, yes.

d master342 said:
No SP = No SP counters. That makes sense that there was no Gengar, Machamp, GeChamp, etc. as they weren't needed with the lack of SP. Still surprised by Flygon's resurgence. And lolno. I doubt any SP deck at Nationals will be running Claydol. Correction: No good SP deck. >__>

dmaster out.
Yet how would everyone know there would be little SP?
Anyway, Gengar, Gechamp and Machamp just were in low numbers in general, so yah. Good SP decks can definitely run Claydol, don't be so close-minded.

James said:
ChaosKnuckles said:
Was the Infernape E4 running luxray GL

No, my list ran only 1 Raichu GL as a tech. However, when I needed it most it was prized and my Azelf power spray'ed...! :( I went pure ape with some techs, if that answers your questions?

ChaosKnuckles said:
and how many other Flygons were there that didn't make the cut? Just a few things I'm curious about and thanks for any answers.

As far as I can remember, none remained un-top cutted. All entered Top Cut, but with one straight away mirror and all, not many actually remained top 8 at all.
Most Flygons were played by top players.

James said:
PokeKid Brandon said:
What kind of stuff was in the Luxray GL deck that made top cut?

Lou shouldn't know, but I do. However, Im not spoiling anything about it, except it was rather just a Toolbox variant with Luxray teched in rather than Luxray being a dominant factor. A good friend of mine played this.
So I heard too, but I did hear Luxray made biggest SP.

Zyflair said:
d master342 said:
Few SP = Few SP counters.
Fixed that up. :p

I'm actually not surprised about Flygon (then again, I do play the deck). Compared to the Top 16, Flygon pretty much had a decent matchup compared to all of them. Just wished that I saw the actual variants of Flygon in the Top 16.
Alright, here's them for you:
2 Weavile-Flygons, 1 of them with Dusknoir
1 Straight Flygon with Dusknoir
1 Straight Flygon without Dusknoir
1 Flygon-Magnezone

Pff, zyflair and dmaster, keep your war somewhere else >.>

Interesting... not one of them used Palika. I find that strange, since it combos well with Dusknoir. Hm.

^There was a Flygon-Palkia with Dusknoir in Seniors but it got outsped by a Beedrill. And that's the problem with most Flygon decks.

Which was pretty much my list.
And while Beedrill does outspeed Flygon with Dusknoir, one wrong card prized and Flygon wins. It cost me victory.

Yeah, I've realize that Speedrill is really Flygon's worst matchup, and yet not that many are around.

Lou Cypher said:
d master342 said:
No SP = No SP counters. That makes sense that there was no Gengar, Machamp, GeChamp, etc. as they weren't needed with the lack of SP. Still surprised by Flygon's resurgence. And lolno. I doubt any SP deck at Nationals will be running Claydol. Correction: No good SP deck. >__>

dmaster out.
Yet how would everyone know there would be little SP?
Anyway, Gengar, Gechamp and Machamp just were in low numbers in general, so yah. Good SP decks can definitely run Claydol, don't be so close-minded.

Pff, zyflair and dmaster, keep your war somewhere else >.>

Maybe they all realized SP weren't going to win? Which they obviously didn't. :F I know they were in low numbers, but I don't see them in Top Cut now do I? ;f Rouges are everywhere, Lou. You should know that. It seems SP and Gengar/Machamp are now Rouges. We'll see if the winning SP decks (if any) at Nationals run anything besides Uxie is all I'll say. >__>

And I'll argue wherever I feel like. >__> It's called a good discussion.

dmasetr out.

Lou do you have idea about what the Infernape and Luxray lists were?
Also do you think an Inferay would have fared well?
I am surprised also at not too much Gengar or Macheap, makes me happy.

were any of the palkia g decks magic legos? if so what was the ally line?
I know they say Palkia/Dialga but just asking.

Back