A graberjr mini-rant

graberjr

Fully Against Non-Canon Pokemon Names.
Nicknames are cool and all... But can we all please stop with the dumb abbreviating/combining of names?

ex:
LuxChomp (luxray + Garchomp)
Raptor (staraptor)
LuxPluff (Luxray + Jumpluff)
FlyChamp (Flygon + Machamp)
CurseGar (Kay, that's just much longer than Gengar)
BlastGatr (Blastoise + Feraligatr)
BlastCatty (Blastoise + Delcatty)

I feel like people who use these terms are making themselves look stupid, like they can't pronounce the full names of any of these pokemon.

Or did the turn-by-turn rush of trying to beat the timer start translating into how everyone speaks?

So people are stupid for using abbreviations? You used an abbreviation yourself, with ex. instead of examples. It makes the names more interesting and catchy, and are fun to come up with. Theyre also easier to remember.

All the cool kids call LuxChomp Lady GaGa and SableLock secret rogue, if you don't like the current nicknames make up new ones and try to spread them.

It's much easier to name a deck and remember its name like that. Try remebering a deck by Powers or Attacks. ie LuxChomp > FlashRush or BrightRush. Be happy we aren't doing letter abbreviations like with LBS...bad example.

I don't really like the way the decks are named, but its not the worst it could be. I personally name my decks presently after attacks the pokemon have just as it seems Mew the Source of all does, but as long as it doesn't degenerate into something like grass/water lock or something very generic like that I think its fine.

If you want to see some REALLY terrible names, look at some of the Worlds decks. Karpy Luck, Luxchomp of the Spirit, Power Cottonweed, etc.

I think Gaga/Luxchomp, Flychamp, and PLOX are good names comparing it to that lol. It's just the combination of the names of the Pokemon, so it's really not a big deal.

dmaster out.,

I think people just made up those names to mess with Nintendo and P!P. Imagine going to the store "That'll be one Karpy Luck and one Power Cottonweed..."

It's not like there is a commitee that decides the names of decks, you can call them whatever you want. People use the abbreviations because it is easy to comprehend what they are talking about. If I called my deck Luxchomp, you would know that it included Luxray and Garchomp. If I called it Lightning Flash Rushing Dragon Bright Impact, you would most likely not have a clue what I was talking about.

That guy is right. I just don t like those abbreviations. Maybe it is easy to understand, but it is just not cool. Me and my friends always try to bring out a coll name, like: Vocanic Typhoon, Royal Tempete, Fusion Destiny (mine)...

With the given examples, it's just not creative. It's akin to some of the nicknames that sports stars have (A-Rod, T.O.? Not nicknames, initials).

I like PLOX, decks named around what the deck does works pretty well with me. But rarely can you make an attack's name catchy.

Meh, coming up with 'creative names' for decks is something I did when I was 10. Nowadays, if I ask someone what their playing, I want a simple answer that'll have me understand what it is they're playing. I don't want to solve a puzzle.

Back