Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss

I recently started to love Milatnk's designe and I love Milk! So, why not use it when it also has some impressive stats! I remember back in my Gold and my SoulSilver Whitney's Miltank...Seriously I have played almost all pokemon games till ORAS including some hard-to-win Leagues like the Sinnoh one where I went to battle Cynthia unaware of her Lv70+ pokemon and of coure lost a couple of times, but no pokemon battle like Goldernord City is that hard! It took me around 10-12 times to beat the gym. Anyway, this set is kind of obvious. Leftovers, offer recovery and along with Miltank's signature, Milk Drik can be an annoying combination. Thick Fat offers a huge advantage against Fire/Ice pokemon while Scrappy is also really good but for this set Thick Fat looks more supportive. The Evs and Nature make her defences equal. Stealth Rock is great as a hazard cause it can counter many common threats such as Talonflame, Charizard and Yanmega. Thunder Wave is another asset that makes Miltank a great lead as it can either force the opposing lead to switch out or make it useless as an early-game sweeper. Seismic Toss us to deal a respective amound of damage and doesn't count defence boosts or resistances.

giphy.gif

The Ancestor
Special Sweeper

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

I always believed Mew was the cutest of all pokemon and one of the strongest ones too! While this set might seem weird I always wanted to use it that way! Life Orb is the item of choice in order to ultize his potential. Sychronize is the only available ability...:p I find it really good anyway. The Evs are clearly for a Sweeper and the nature for MAX Speed. Nasty Plot one of the greatest boosting moves in the game, make Mew fearsome and the STAB Psychic is reliable in terms of both accurassy and power. I chose another great combination, the well-known BoltBeam. It offers coverage against most types.

tumblr_m036ieDjSR1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Poisonous Moth
Staller

Dustox (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Infestation
- Roost

Dustox was the first pokemon I ever saw since I started watching pokemon a bit late! I opened the TV one day and there it was launching a Poison Sting. :p I remember it was the episode "Stand Up Sit Down". Afterwards I found the show intersting and started from the very begining. At first site it seems weak and with all the reviews you may have read about it, it is known to be weak. However, this set ultizes Dustox's capability against many other threatening pokemon that can't hit Dustox super-efectively. Black Sludge is the recovery Item and can sometimes save you a whole mach as we all know. Shield Dust is the only one of its two abilities that can actually help it. It won't be bearnt by Flamethrower, Paralyzed by Thunder nor Freeze by Ice Beam meaning that pokemon counting on Serene Grace, most commonly Blissey are useless gainst it. The Evs and nature spell out a special wall while Iron Defence is there to make it quickly capable of a mixed wall. Infestation traps pokemon on the field and along with Toxic they make a feared combination. Roost is to recover of course. I've tried this set out many times in all tiers and it proved to be really good.

tumblr_mu6cf794co1r84emlo1_500.gif

The Flaming Mega Evolution
Physical Sweeper

Elizabeth (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze-Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

These days, I believe that a Mega Evolution is essential in almost every team as it is a great feature for everyone. I may hate Charizard and his design but him X Mega form looks epic! He is also really powerful! Taough Claws make her even more fearsome! The Evs and nature are for a MAX Speed sweeper. DD is the best boosting move in the game for physical sweepers while Fire Punch is a great STAB. It may have low BP in some way but after a DD a Fire Puch will turn into a GG without the cost of recoil like Flare Blitz! Outrage will OHKO all Dragons regardless of defence while Earthquake is a must for evry team. Don't ask about the nickname/gender...I wanted a Charizard named Elizabeth! Is it so wrong?

Paul_Honchkrow_Dark_Pulse.gif

The Boss
Physical Attacker

Honchkrow (M) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Moxie/Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

I really like Honchkrow's design in both Stats and Appearance! He is also special cause along with Seviper he was my first Metal Tag! Anyway, who cares? Razor Fang is a filler item cause there weren't really any other items that could help him and weren't held bysomeone else. This is the best set he can have in my opinion. You may think Choice Band would work better but I used him this way and didn't really help. Razor Claw ups Night Slash's critical hit ratio even more and the others by one as well. Super Luck could also work here in a great way landing a critical hit almost every turn but Moxie is my classic choice making him invincible after a kill. I need your opinion for the ability please! MAX Speed is essentiall because of the Boss Pokemon's frailty. Brave Bird is his strongest attack but also risky. It can easily OHKO most opponents though. Night Slash is a great option for Crits most of the time while Sucker Punch as a STAB is a great priority. SuperPower is a great coverage attack hitting super effectively all of Honchkrow's weaknesses!

tumblr_mq8oo5AcUr1r5av74o1_500.gif

Beauty Nessie
Staller

Milotic (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Confuse Ray

My favourite Water Type! Its power never gets boring! Sitrus Berry is of course the second best item for recovery. Cute Charm is to make the opponent even less common to attack after a Confuse Ray and since they will most likely attack Milotic physically it's perfect! The Evs are there to make it a respectful Mixed Wall and one of the best in the game actually! Toxic is classic stalling while Scald is a good STAB that may also burn Poison and Steel Types. Recover is self explanatory.

What do you guys think!? I'd be glad of any advice!

Last edited:
Is there a specific reason for those EV's on Miltank?

Mew really isn't that great at sweeping. 100 SpA and Spe aren't what they used to be. Neither is non-stab boltbeam for that matter. You'd be better off using Shadow Ball and Focus Blast/Aura Sphere to hit Ghost and Dark types and still get fine coverage. I'd advise using a stall-breaker set like this instead:
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
You can use Psychic over Knock Off and change the nature to Calm if you want.
Otherwise I'd advise using something like Lati@s, Starmie, or Alakazam.

Dustox's can easily be beaten by anything because of its terrible stats. So many things can kill it before Toxic+Infestation does a significant amount. Anything with Taunt or Substitute can beat it. If you're deadset on using it then that set is probably the least terrible it can get.

Fire Punch is a significant drop in power from Flare Blitz. You're probably worse off because you can no longer kill things as well. If you're so worried about the recoil then you can use Roost over EQ. EQ is really only for hitting Heatran. Outrage is probably more of a liability nowadays, so you might want to try Dragon Claw. You might want to put some of those Speed EV's in HP. With 184 you outspeed Scarf Lando-T after a DD and anything over that is really a waste unless you want to risk the 50% chance of winning a speed tie against things. I would say 216, but I don't think you can even use that in Battle Spot. Another set you might want to try is Swords Dance+Tailwind. You can chose between doubling the speed for your mons for 4 turns or getting +2 against slower teams to rip them apart with Flare Blitz+Outrage.

For Honchkrow you'd probably be better off with Life Orb, Moxie, and Pursuit or Roost over Night Slash. Both Pursuit and Roost can be used over Night Slash and Superpower if you like. With your set, Night Slash is guaranteed to crit (which is 1.5x damage this gen in case you weren't up to date), but all your other moves only have a 50% chance. LO would give every move 1.3x damage guaranteed. This does mean you now get recoil and can't ignore opposing defense increases (which are uncommon), but Moxie makes up for it. If you can kill something, which is quite possible with Sucker Punch and Pursuit, you essentially do the damage of a crit on every move without factoring in the LO boost and this can increase even more for the more things you can KO like an avalanche of knock outs. That being said, Honckrow really isn't very good outside of UU because of how frail and slow it is. Sucker Punch helps, but it's easy for your opponent to work around. Better offensive non-mega Dark or Flying types include Bisharp, Crawdaunt, Weavile, Talonflame, Tornadus-Therian, Bounce Gyarados, Hawlucha, and Togekiss.

For Sharpedo you might want to use Protect over Aqua Jet to guarantee getting a Speed Boost. Ice Beam and a Naughty nature is also a decent option over Poison Jab. Destiny Bond is also a cool option. I feel like Sharpedo would probably need a Life Orb to do more damage. Sharpedo really isn't viable outside of UU, though. It's just so frail and is destroyed by priority. It doesn't hit hard enough to make up for it either. I'd suggest using one of those Dark types I mentioned earlier or a Water type like Azumarill, Gyarados, Crawdaunt, Keldeo, Starmie, or maybe Feraligatr.

Cute Charm only works sometimes and only on opposing gender iirc. Marvel Scale is a much viable ability on Milotic. It lets you to switch Milotic in on a Will-O-Wisp and boost its mediocre defense making it an even better wall.
Confuse Ray is nice but again it is too much based on luck. I like Haze on Milotic as this gives you the ability to put a full stop to set up sweepers that with their boost can handle easily with Milotic.

Back