a fun and competitive deck?

is it possible to have a fun and competitive deck that doesn't get boring?

• Yea

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • generally

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • don't all decks get boring?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • All decks are!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

umbeosion

check out my new Blog!!
Ok i have a question (maybe two if you count the poll)...

1.What deck will be fun to play and will be fairly competitive in hgss on?
i have had a few ideas and some that i have noticed that look really good but i have a habit of not sticking with the same deck so this thread should help to sort out which TWO decks i should have on the go..
the list:
magmorter emboar
cincinno kngdra
kingdra mandibuzz

I've played a guy using Magmortar/Emboar and it's not that bad an idea. It might be a bit slow next format but if your opponent cant ko Magmortars as they come out then you should be able to mill your opponent.
As for other decks.....kinda depends on what your definition on fun is. Personally I think the most fun decks are either the ones that are easy to play (Cinccino/Jumpluff). I also think Leafeon from UD could be a fun deck if you can get cards that can work with it such as Roserade UL. Or you can wait until Gothitelle is released in English , as I think that will make a very fun (if not so efficient) disruption deck with some Weaviles UD.

I made a deck for the next format, it has Absol Prime, Tyranitar Prime, Gengar Prime, and Slowking Prime. I can either win by Lost World, drawing all my Prize cards, or knocking out all the Pokemon on the field. The Slowking is just there for extra draw-power. It's a deck I just thought up one day and thought it would be intresting to play. It's a bit slow, but with when Pokemon Catcher comes out, I'll be able to stall for a couple turns. People always say I confuse them with the crazy things I come up with. :p

dude the only reason I continue to play this game is to come up with new original decks that it's also good enough to hold it's own against other good decks. I came up with the reshiboar deck when I first saw B/W coming out, but it quickly became something everybody does. so then I came up with an idea to use serperior/reuniclus with zekrom but....now that's slowly becoming popular lol. the serpericlus deck is still fun for me and is original enough for me to be playing it currently, but I'm coming up with ideas for a new deck. the next deck I work on is with musharna as the main attacker and have stuff like hypno to tech it. I think it would be very interesting and could surprise people :)

also, like pikachutofu said, decks with lostgar but with other pokemon as well added into it is a lot of fun. I did that with my lostgar and was able to win with prizing or with lost world, depending on my mood and without switching decks. very enjoyable :) I'll be going back to that soon but I used that one since lost world's release so I'm a little tired of it for now.

magnezone. yanmega swarm. serperior

a very very annoying deck to play against.
very fun to play. gives you options to snipe, hit fast, hit hard, and keep the pressure on with free retreats and royal heal.
not to mention all the disruption

Back