• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

A fast and consistent ZPST (Zekrom Pachirisu Tornadus Shaymin)

Verbivore

is a Magikarp user
Pokemon (12)
4 Zekrom
3 Tornadus
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
1 Tyrogue

T/S/S (34)
4 Junk Arm
4 Dual Ball
3 PlusPower
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Juniper
3 PONT
2 Seeker
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Pokegear 3.0
1 Energy Search

Energy (15)
15 Lightning

Standard ZPS strategy. I focus more on the Zekrom, because Tornadus is too susceptible to dragons. Get out Zekrom, then use Pachi's power to get energy on it then move them with Shaymin. This has proven to be very effective and consistent. Its playtcg record is 10-2, with it's only losses to google. It is 5-2 against google, 1-0 against audino emboar, 2-0 against durant, and 2-0 against MegaZone. Also, it's 1-0 against the WC Magneboar. Don't forget about Tyrogue!

- {D} energy
- 1 Unknown Dark
- 1 energy search
- 1 Tyrouge
+ 3 DCE
+ 1 Tornadus

You do not use baby's in the deck and Unknown Dark has lost power. Not worth running them.

^This.

Also, drop the retrieval, energy search, and super rod for the 4th Juniper, 4th Oak's, and 3rd Pokegear. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Your Catcher count is also dangerously low.

you should use 4 catcher, and 4 tornadus, atleast 3 tornadus, but why are you using tornadus period without DCE?you crazy?;D

I've seen Unown Dark work well in Zekrom focused ZPST decks, though not running any DCE is crazy, and running only 2 Tornadus means a very high chance of starting Pachymin Dark, as it stands, you got about a 40% chance of a bad start, which you really don't want for a speed deck like ZPST.

I'd at least pitch Tyrogue, Retrieval, Super Rod and one lightning for one Tornadus and 3 DCE.

I personally think Energy Search is okay in ZPST. Reusing it with Junk Arm can be useful in the event of an energy drought. It's also not as painful to sacrifice with Sage's as a legit energy is.

Updated. I don't care about DCE. I, for one, don't see its potential. In my last 24 games, spread across league, my neighbor, and PlayTCG, I'm 23-1 with said list, only losing to VVV. If you have any other suggestions besides DCE, please post them!

EDIT: Now 43-2 in last 45. Wish those were Cities battles.

Are you having problems with the Vileplume part in VVV? If so, I would add an extra Catcher to get rid of the Oddish and Glooms.

Back