Blog A Crossover Pokemon Deck

Nice deck for Expanded! I understand your love-hate relationship with Professor Sycamore, but I would personally max out on more draw supporters such as N or even Birch. In many cases, winning the game can rely on your ability to see as many cards as possible every turn. Even with 4x VS Seekers, you may want to consider it. I would also forego the Hoopa in favor of another supporter since you already have a healthy amount of draw and search with Unown, Shaymin-EX, and Ultra Ball. But I know a lot of players like to use those staples just for the Ability. Even with Stand in from Zoroark, it wouldn't be hard to snipe a benched hoopa for the KO when you know the opponent won't be charging it. It is stacking up to be an interesting format!

All good ideas! There is so much going on in expanded that the give and take is so hard. Playing with hoopa is always a risk, in expanded the format is just so fast that turn one is pretty massive. If hoopa falls on turn one a huge setup with a possible M MewTwo EX on next round can overwhelm the opponent quickly. But ya know, it just doesn't always happen, and you do have a point about the sniping. There is a definite give and take.

I have tried it without the hoopa, but it does slow the deck down a bit. Usually, I don't mind them sniping at hoopa a bit because it deters them from Zoroark, and I can either AZ hoopa up, or just play the prize card exchange.

Thanks so much for reading and the suggestions, it really made my night. :0)

Thank you very much for this article !
What kind of changes would you suggest to adapt this deck to the Standard metagame, please ?
M-Mewtwo EX/Zoroark seems to be a good choice for this format too :)

Back