Writing A Change in Heart

George2FRESH

Haters.
This is a story I submitted for a Project Custom 2 challenge. I'm not much of a writer, but I'm bored and since I've been a mad poster today and yesterday (I didn't get much sleep, bad sleeping patterns) I decided what the heck, and posted it. I'll regret this later. LMK what you think..

A Change in Heart

The night is dark, and Dark Palm, the Leader of a massive crime team, is sitting in his chair, staring out the window to the moonlight. His face, you can only see what the moon will show, which is not much. Pondering for a while, he gives a smirk, and pulls out his Pokeball.

"It is time.." he says and releases his Pokemon.

Out comes Sneasel, who bows down to his master.

"Sneasel, I have waited long enough. Go to Brunos Dojo and retrieve the Ancient Orb of Masters."

Sneasel looks down and away, unsure about all of this, but what can he do, this is his master. Who saved him from a dangerous attack, and has taken Sneasel in and taken care of him all these years.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go!" yells Dark Palm.

With a nod, Sneasel jumps out the window and begins on his way.

"The Ancient Orb of Masters.." ponders Dark Palm. "With it, I will be able to control any Pokemon. With all of them at my fingertips, I will be able to continue my works to dominate this world."

In the moonlight, Sneasels sillhouette jumps from rooftop to rooftop, as silent as a whisper. He stops, and takes a glance at the moon. As he sits on the edge of the rooftop, he looks down to see other trainers feeding their pokemon, laughing and smiling. Daydreaming of a day when he would have that kind of happiness, and if he'd ever be free, a voice echos in his ear "GO!". Sneasel shakes his head, and continues on his way.

A few moments later, Sneasel stops. He has reached his destination. Standing on the rooftop he can see the orb through the window of a massive dojo. Sneasel finds himself to the windowsill, and carves a circle in the window. Sneasel kicks the piece of glass and it falls, but with his quickness, catches it and places it on the floor, assuring it doesn't make any noise. Sneasel quietly makes his way to the orb, but stops. He smells something, some sort of danger. Suddenly, red eyes gleam from all around him, and out of the corridors come a pack of Houndooms, growling, surrounding him. Sneasel smirks, and jumps up on one of the rafters. The Houndooms look up, and burst a flame blast at him. With a big explosion, the smoke clears, and jumps out Sneasel, landing right on one of the houndooms. Another Houndoom charges at him, but Sneasel is too quick. He disappears, and appears behind the Houndoom, giving him a quick Slash to the face. Another Houndoom charges, but is dodged and hits the wall. One after the other, Sneasel takes out each Houndoom, with no sweat. Until, suddenly, a Houndoom catches him, and tackles him. As he's flying in the air, he is hit with a massive fireball and hits the wall. Houndooms start cornering him. Each powering up a Fireball in their mouth. Sneasels eyes open wide, there is no escape. He closes his eyes and get's ready for the hit.

"ENOUGH!!" yells a voice from a doorway.

Out comes Bruno, one of the Elite 4.

"Very impressive Sneasel.. but if you came for the Orb, you're out of luck. You know.. it surprises me. A Pokemon of your strength following such a cruel leader such as Dark Palm. You could be doing bigger things Sneasel. Why don't you stay here with me, and help Protect the Orb, instead of trying to steal it and use it for evil?"

With a shake of his head, he refuses, and swiftly jumps out the window, and runs away.

"So sad..." says Bruno.

Too hurt to jump rooftops, Sneasel begins his walk home. He limps and clings his arms as he desperately struggles to walk. Feeling dizzy, Sneasel faints.

"OMG are you okay?!" says a voice.

As Sneasel's eyes become blurry, he sees a vision of a girl hovering over him. And as his eyes close, he hears..

"It's ok, I'll take good care of you.."

Sneasel dreams of before. He was alone in the wilderness, until he was surrounded by a pack of Mighteyenas. They circle him, licking their lips. Until, suddenly, they are caught with a force field. Sneasel looks and sees Dark Palm with Dusknoir.

"Come with us, and you'll be safe." says Dark Palm. And Sneasel follows. All these years, Sneasel has been taken care of by Dark Palm. Being fed, and trained to be a thief, a criminal. No other pokemon is swifter and more quiet than a Sneasel, which is why Dark Palm chose him. Though Sneasel disagrees with what he does, it's the least he can do for Dark Palm saving his life.

Sneasel wakes up on a bed, bandaged up, with a bowl of soup in front of him. Sitting on the bed is the same girl, bandaging up the rest of his wounds.

"You were hurt pretty bad, but it's ok, you should be all good now. My name is Rose. Please to meet you!"

Sneasel looks around, only to see dolls and toys, he is confused.. and frustrated.

"The silent type eh? It's ok, I can be shy at times also." says Rose with a smile.

Sneasel tries to get up, but is too hurt.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, you're still pretty injured. You should take a rest."

But Sneasel refuses. He jumps out of bed, spilling soup everywhere.

"Oh!" yells Rose, surprised.

He jumps to the windowsill, opens the window, and takes one last look at this girl. He nods and gives his sign of gratitude, and jumps out. Rose rushes to the window, but Sneasel is no where in site.

Returning home, Sneasel confronts his master. And takes his bow.

"Well.. the Orb.. where is it?!"

Sneasel looks away, ashamed.

"You didn't retrieve the orb! I knew it! You're worthless! I don't know why I bother with you, I should have just left you to be dog food for the Mighteyena. Leave! And don't come back until you get that orb!"

Sneasel, broken and beaten, again exits his home.

"He's just going to fail again.." says Dark Palm. "You want something done, do it yourself." Dark Palm grabs his Pokeballs and exits.

Sneasel makes his way back to the dojo. On his way he passes by Roses house, and takes a look inside to see her watching T.V.

"Huh?" says rose and takes a glance out the window, but sees nothing. She goes to the window, and looks outside, and sees the sillhouette of Sneasel hopping from rooftop to rooftop. She grabs her coat, and leaves her house.

Sneasel finds his way to the Dojo once again, and enters the same way he did before. He is surprised to see what is before him.

Dark Palm is standing there with Dusknoir. He faces Bruno and his Machamp.

"Hand over the Orb Bruno! Do it now, or I'll have to forceably take it from you.."

"Over my dead body!" yells Bruno.

"If you want it that way.." says Dark Palm with a smirk. "Dusknoir! Psy Wave!"

Dusknoir catches Machamp and Bruno in a force field, leaving them helpless to move. Houndooms rush out of the doors but are caught also. Dark Palm turns around to see Sneasel.

"Good, you're here. Grab the orb and lets get out of here." Sneasel pauses and makes eye contact with Bruno.

"You don't have to listen to him!" yells Bruno. "Nows your chance to stand up to him!"

"Remember who saved your life Sneasel. You OWE me! Now, what are you waiting for! Grab the Orb!"

Sneasel jumps to the orb, and grabs it. Slowly, he walks up to Dark Palm, and just before he hands it to him, a figure bursts through the doors of the dojo.

"Sneasel don't!" yells Rose.

Dark Palm turns around to see a girl. Sneasel is surprised, and almost drops the orb.

"No one will stand in my way, Dusknoir! Shadow ball!" orders Dark Palm. Dusknoir blasts a big Shadow Ball to Rose. Rose is stunned, too frightened to move, Sneasel drops the orb and it rolls to the wall. Swiftly, he jumps in front of the attack, and takes it for Rose. Everyone is surprised. Dark Palm is speechless.

"So it seems like your hear got the best of you. You would rather help her, than a man who saved your life. If it weren't for me, you'd be dead! And this is how you repay me?! You're either with me, or against me, and right now, you're against me. Meaning I'll have to take you down with the rest."

Dark Palm grabs another pokeball. "GO! Nidoking!" Nidoking pops out of the Pokeball and lets out a great Roar.

"Leave him alone!" yells Rose, as she grabs one of her Pokeballs. "You'll have to get through me first!"

Sneasel rises up, and backs her away.

"No, you're too hurt, you can't battle!" says Rose. Sneasel nods, and stands in front of her, and prepares for battle. "Well, if you want to fight, go ahead. But you won't be fighting alone. I'm right here with you."

Sneasel jumps and slashes Nidoking in the face and Nidoking flinches. Nidoking grabs himself together and goes for a megapunch.

"Sneasel watch out!" Sneasel turns around and dodges the punch, and hits Nidoking with a Feint attack. Slash after slash, feint attack after feint attack, it seems as if Sneasel were winning.

"That's enough! Seismic Toss!" orders Dark Palm, and Nidoking connects. "Mega Punch!", Nidoking connects again. "Now finish it off.... Horn Drill!!" Nidoking charges at Sneasel.

"NO! Sneasel!" Rose rushes over him and shields his body. "STOP!" "Sneasel, are you ok?!" Sneasel blacks out, and dreams again. This time it is of the day when Rose took him in, and cared for him. He dreams visions of her smiling and laughing. Sneasel wakes up, and stands, bruised and battered. Then, he starts to glow.

Everyone is stunned.

"It can't be.." says Dark Palm.

Dusknoirs force field fades away as Dusknoir is distracted, and Bruno and his Pokemon are free. Now all attention is focused on Sneasel.

"Hes... hes.." stutters Dark Palm.
"He's evolving!" says Rose

Sneasel evolves to Weavile. Weavile stands there, looking at himself. He turns to Nidoking, and smirks. He turns to Rose, and smiles. Rose smirks, and nods.

"Shadow Charge Weavile!" orders Rose.

Weavile is covered by a black aura, and is powering up.

"Machamp! Mega Punch to Dusknoir!" orders Bruno. Machamp executes a Mega Punch to Dusknoir, and Dusknoir faints. Dark Palm is surprised, and what seems to be frightened.

"What are you waiting for Nidoking! Horn Drill!" Nidoking charges with his horn, but Weavile jumps up high in the air, dodging the horn.

"Now Weavile!.." yells Rose.. "DARK PULSE!!!"

Weavile blasts Nidoking with a Dark Pulse and Nidoking flies back and lands on Dark Palm. Dark Palm returns his pokemon and finds himself cornered by Bruno, Machamp, Houndooms, and of course Weavile and Rose.

"Leave, and never come back. Your days of Tyranny are over Dark Palm."

"Dark Palm exits, but lowers his head, smirks, and says under his breath.. "You haven't seen the last of me."

Weavile picks up the orb, and puts it where it belongs.

"Thank you Weavile.." says Bruno. "For keeping this dojo, and this world, safe. You are welcome to stay, and help defend the orb from the hands of evil."

Weavile smiles, and looks at Rose.

"Sorry, but I think he's coming with me. But we'll visit from time to time. And if you ever need us, we'll be here."

"That is very fine with me.." says Bruno. They all share laughter.

"Let's go Weavile, back to my house, so I can make you some soup. And maybe this time, you won't spill it all over my bed!"

The End.

You're kidding, right? THAT'S IT!!!??? Here I was, thinking that there is finally a fan-fic with reasonably long chapters, and it turns out to be the entire story! I like the plot, but you need to expand! Never write a fan-fic "just for the heck of it," or in haste! (I sound like an old martial arts teacher LOL)

Back