A Bunch Of Information From China

Please no, no those final evolutions D: The owl is cool, but the other two...
Now I want the "two final evolutions for each starter" rumor to be real...
I'm thinking the two final evolutions, could be gender differences or something like that. Since Litten's final looks rather masculine, Rowlet's a bit masculine too and Popplio's rather feminine it could be intersting to have notable gender differences and a changed gender ratio (to 50/50) :)

I'm thinking the two final evolutions, could be gender differences or something like that. Since Litten's final looks rather masculine, Rowlet's a bit masculine too and Popplio's rather feminine it could be intersting to have notable gender differences and a changed gender ratio (to 50/50) :)

Wow, that just blow my mind... And kinda make sense to me! Thanks!

I don't think a Pokemon's anatomy should change based on transferring it. But how are the starters confirmed (though I really do want that!), and how is Mallow gonna be his companion? I'm lost.
Yup Mallow's reveal was key in this. When the concept art was first leaked, the girl in Litten's evo's artwork would be the answer to whether or not they were real, and with Mallow's reveal today, we got confirmation that:
A) these are the final evolutions
B) Ash's new travel companion through Alola will be Mallow (Ash is also in the concept art).

With the Alola forms, I'm not sure how it would exactly work with transferring from RBY, but it is such a huge generational jump I think they could justify it by claiming the Pokemon are genetically mutating (which is how the Alola forms exist to begin with) because of the huge jump they'd be going through into Sun and Moon. But I'm not sure though, maybe they'll give you the option to choose their Alola form or original, maybe they won't.

Yup Mallow's reveal was key in this. When the concept art was first leaked, the girl in Litten's evo's artwork would be the answer to whether or not they were real, and with Mallow's reveal today, we got confirmation that:
B) Ash's new travel companion through Alola will be Mallow (Ash is also in the concept art).

With the Alola forms, I'm not sure how it would exactly work with transferring from RBY, but it is such a huge generational jump I think they could justify it by claiming the Pokemon are genetically mutating (which is how the Alola forms exist to begin with) because of the huge jump they'd be going through into Sun and Moon. But I'm not sure though, maybe they'll give you the option to choose their Alola form or original, maybe they won't.
While I never saw Mallow in the original artwork, it makes me SUPER HAPPY to see this is real! I will be able to choose my Entermaid, and I don't care how many SRs I will have to do just to get it to be a girl, I will do it.

Ash new traveling companion would be Mallow. Okay? But isn't it a gym leader who's a dude. So who else will travel with him? Hau? Male protagonist? Female protagonist? Now that's my speculation.

Mallow is going to be way better than Serena, end of story.

While I never saw Mallow in the original artwork, it makes me SUPER HAPPY to see this is real! I will be able to choose my Entermaid, and I don't care how many SRs I will have to do just to get it to be a girl, I will do it.

Ash new traveling companion would be Mallow. Okay? But isn't it a gym leader who's a dude. So who else will travel with him? Hau? Male protagonist? Female protagonist? Now that's my speculation.
Misty was also a gym leader, and she was female. Also Iris was a leader but BW Iris seems like a different entity entirely. That aside I think they may just gender swap the roles and have Mallow and Hau as the companions.

Hopefully they keep the typings of the leak since Tony the Flaming Tiger over here just screams fire/fighting.

Misty was also a gym leader, and she was female. Also Iris was a leader but BW Iris seems like a different entity entirely. That aside I think they may just gender swap the roles and have Mallow and Hau as the companions.

Hopefully they keep the typings of the leak since Tony the Flaming Tiger over here just screams fire/fighting.
Yes, but they had Misty like 15-20 years ago. I'd thought they would've dropped that pattern, as they have since technically, Iris doesn't count as she's an aspiring dragon master, which implies she's not a gym leader. She also had no mention of being one.

I hope so too. Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy all beat the Kalos starters ironically enough. And also, Fire/Fighting = uproar of people across the world.

So I went back to read up on official site when I noticed some other news site posted an article talking about a couple leaks that hit the web a while ago. Some of the rumors overlap with our Chinese leak, but there was some other info as well. The image is kinda pixelated since the site posted a screenshot:
EW6gsFb.jpg

This leak was posted mid July, so I feel like there's some pretty good credibility to it now, but a rumor is still a rumor until confirmed. Thoughts?

So I went back to read up on official site when I noticed some other news site posted an article talking about a couple leaks that hit the web a while ago. Some of the rumors overlap with our Chinese leak, but there was some other info as well. The image is kinda pixelated since the site posted a screenshot:
EW6gsFb.jpg

This leak was posted mid July, so I feel like there's some pretty good credibility to it now, but a rumor is still a rumor until confirmed. Thoughts?

Ooh, I hope the one about the cat that can inherit a 2nd type from its father is true. That's a cool idea.

I also like the sound of Cynthia and Looker coming back. I mean, Looker has his own signature pokemon now, Gumshoos!

EW6gsFb.jpg

It's a rumor, but all sounds interesting!

Wait.

We know that Rockruff leave his trainer to evolve, and he come back at the next day in his new form. We also know that Rockruff and the starters "share a secret", remember?

Now, there are rumors of Rockruff getting different evos, someone posted a rumor saying you must leave you rockruff in one of 4 places in order to evolve him. And there is the rumor of the starters having diferent final stages...

So, this is my idea... The different alternative evolutions is the "secret" that Rockruff and the starters share?? o_O

I just wake up with this crazy idea in my mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash's new travel companion through Alola will be Mallow (Ash is also in the concept art).
So Mallow will be the first female companion in the anime who prepare meal for the team? I wonder what will the male partner do...

EW6gsFb.jpg

The time one sounds interesting. Maybe Moon will have longer night? They haven't revealed anything version specific besides the mascots.

Im gonna bring this discussion from the rumor catalog thread over here:

Am I the only one that really did NOT want those leaks to be true? I just could not click with those evolutions, I dont know if its because they are too "human oriented" or what, but Im just not feeling it.

Ill start with my least favorite... I really liked Litten and he was my initial choice, figured he would turn into a feral tiger-esque thing, but instead... a big buff wrestler cat thats anthro? (and look at the giant hands!)
And Popplio, my second choice for being so heckin cute and sadly unpopular, turns into a very girly mermaid with long flowing feminine hair? It makes sense for Water/Fairy I suppose, but ugh, the tomboy in me is cringing. I really wanted Popplio to stay cute and goofy, not hit puberty....
Rowlet's is the only one I can somewhat enjoy looking at, and while I still liked Rowlet, he wasnt my first choice in starter. I kinda like the hood he has and the whole archer theme he has going, I guess my only real complaint is that it just wasnt what I was expecting.

Overall, I just feel the starter evos used more human elements than I would have liked. Its funny actually, my preferences in starter choice have flipped. It went in order from Litten, Popplio, Rowlet to Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten.

Its very unlike me to be bitter about starter evolutions, usually I am very accepting and excited to see the info.
Who knows, maybe give it some time and I will warm up to them. I HATED Oshawott at his reveal, but now I adore him. Or, I can always do what I did with my X/Y run, and never evolve it. I kept my Chespin as a Chespin throughout the whole game :p

I can only hope that the "secret with Rockruff and the starters" thing is true, and they all end up getting alternate forms. Where exactly was this mentioned, by the way? Is it fact or just a rumor? The only place I can find anything close to that "secret" is this bit of text on WPMs news post, and it doesnt mention starters, it just mentions the trainer:
25jf3uu.png

Of course this IS all assuming that this info is real, which by now, it seems to be. If you look, you can even see small elements of Rowlets evo in Mallows design (the X shape repeats on the evos neck and on Mallow's headband, Mallow's hair compared to the tassels on the evos hood, etc) I also see similar elements with Littens evo and Kiawe's design (color, red/black patterns, the way he holds himself, he also has what seems to be tiger stripe tats on his shoulders), but I dont see a lot of similarities with Lana and Popplios design other than color and the eyes.

I also did a quick ref guide for some of the minor similarities.

102wifo.png

Last edited:
So this was posted on 4chan, and it's a clarification on where all the leaks came from, what they include and what's been right and wrong (so far). The blurred words are cursewords dropped by users over there:

4chan_leak_clarification_by_steffenka-daclixs.jpg

In case it's too hard to read, just open the image in a new tab. It's uploaded on my sta.sh, so it won't disappear anytime soon, nor does it has anything attached to it that it shouldn't :)

Last edited:
The only reason I want these leaks to be real is because of Rowelt's evolution. It is so epic. I think it would be the Greninja of gen 7.

I don't know if I would call the split evos leak relevant unless because of its unusual concept. Otherwise, everything else I agree with and I'm hoping is real... Besides time working differently. I'm hoping that's the guys fake addition to the mix.

My opinions:

1. "Concept Art"
It's real! Yes! That's what I cared about most! Mallow being in this art months before she was revealed says it all.

And for those of you who keep saying, "OH NO! PLEASE NOT ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER!" No, it's Fire/Dark so calm the hell down.

2. "Chinese Leak"
Logo Diamonds was most likely used as a term because they just didn't get that information. But the transformation portion of it, maybe? I'm still leaning towards Ash-Greninja being another anime gimmick, as these Z Crystals didn't help it seem like a game mechanic. Unless they have another ridiculous thing to show us of course...

This is just my personal opinion, but where does the whole "building a league" portion come in? I have an idea of how this game may work:

1. Island Challenge. You'll go through the island challenge, and you'll deal with the evil team, catch the legendary at the end too. But as you go on your journey, you may mention that back in Kanto (Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh, whichever one you're from) they had leagues. Maybe to one of the Kahunas. They propose the idea of starting a league officially.

-------Early Postgame or Late Main game-------

2. Challenging the League. Well after the league was built, maybe you'll challenge it. It sounds like an awesome idea to have two journeys. Only the league wouldn't be as long. Since you've been all around Alola, all you need to do is call your rental charizard and fly around the region, beat up the gym leaders (which it would make sense if the Trial Captains were gym leaders now, or maybe past Island Challenge victors?). It wouldn't be as long as a normal journey. Then you'd take on the Elite 4, which is made of the Kahunas. Then I'm not sure who would be champion. Maybe they'd do a nod to Generation 1, and make Hau the champion.

-------Hopefully-------

3. Taking on the Kalos League! Oh please, you knew this was coming. With Z Moves, Z Crystals, and Zygarde's forms finally being released, there's a good chance we may go back to Kalos. Especially if the league in Alola never happens, then we'd almost surely come here. :D

3. "Split Evos Leak"
Please, may none of this be real. But I have hope because none of it is proven. The most absurd thing imo, is that Pokemon transferred from RBYG wouldn't gain their typings as of generation 7. Why would Pokemon do that? It makes no sense that my Clefable from my Blue Version should remain a normal type, even though it's the same Pokemon in XY, but then it dropped the normal type and gained the fairy type? :confused: If Gamefreak didn't want to make their types updated as they transfer, then why update them in the first place? o_O

4. "Real Leaks"
Other things, he partially predicted Ninetales' new form with the fairy type there. Which I'd just call partially right imo. And I'd call Gumshoos fat because it's definitely a bit chubby. So he was in the right direction.

Im gonna bring this discussion from the rumor catalog thread over here:

Am I the only one that really did NOT want those leaks to be true? I just could not click with those evolutions, I dont know if its because they are too "human oriented" or what, but Im just not feeling it.

Ill start with my least favorite... I really liked Litten and he was my initial choice, figured he would turn into a feral tiger-esque thing, but instead... a big buff wrestler cat thats anthro? (and look at the giant hands!)
And Popplio, my second choice for being so heckin cute and sadly unpopular, turns into a very girly mermaid with long flowing feminine hair? It makes sense for Water/Fairy I suppose, but ugh, the tomboy in me is cringing. I really wanted Popplio to stay cute and goofy, not hit puberty....
Rowlet's is the only one I can somewhat enjoy looking at, and while I still liked Rowlet, he wasnt my first choice in starter. I kinda like the hood he has and the whole archer theme he has going, I guess my only real complaint is that it just wasnt what I was expecting.

Overall, I just feel the starter evos used more human elements than I would have liked. Its funny actually, my preferences in starter choice have flipped. It went in order from Litten, Popplio, Rowlet to Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten.

Its very unlike me to be bitter about starter evolutions, usually I am very accepting and excited to see the info.
Who knows, maybe give it some time and I will warm up to them. I HATED Oshawott at his reveal, but now I adore him. Or, I can always do what I did with my X/Y run, and never evolve it. I kept my Chespin as a Chespin throughout the whole game :p

I can only hope that the "secret with Rockruff and the starters" thing is true, and they all end up getting alternate forms. Where exactly was this mentioned, by the way? Is it fact or just a rumor? The only place I can find anything close to that "secret" is this bit of text on WPMs news post, and it doesnt mention starters, it just mentions the trainer:
25jf3uu.png

Of course this IS all assuming that this info is real, which by now, it seems to be. If you look, you can even see small elements of Rowlets evo in Mallows design (the X shape repeats on the evos neck and on Mallow's headband, Mallow's hair compared to the tassels on the evos hood, etc) I also see similar elements with Littens evo and Kiawe's design (color, red/black patterns, the way he holds himself, he also has what seems to be tiger stripe tats on his shoulders), but I dont see a lot of similarities with Lana and Popplios design other than color and the eyes.

I also did a quick ref guide for some of the minor similarities.

102wifo.png

I agree with you about the final starter evos. It's worrying to think they've all been bipedal or humanoid the past two gens, ever since Serperior and Samurott. I usually prefer the more heavy, animalistic designs like Venusaur and Torterra, and I'd rather they return to those.

Hopefully they get some adjustments from what this concept art looks like. Final Litten's hands look poorly drawn, and its "wrestling belt" that shoots fire should be more emphasized imo, with less emphasis on its weird fur-pattern six pack abs. The belt should be much larger and placed higher on its torso, so it's not shooting fire awkwardly from the crotch area. Final Rowlet's legs and feet look unfinished, since they're both white/tan and featureless, and it could definitely stand to be thicker in overall shape, like a real owl. Final Popplio is the one I actually like a lot, but I'm not a tomboy. :p

Also, it could be the other two look a bit better when posed in 3D. I was unimpressed by Bewear until I saw what it looked like in-game, and now I love it.

That rumor about multiple final evos will be very interesting to those of us who don't like the leaked ones. Though part of me would prefer there be just one final evo for each, like that shows more confidence in their designs. The 2 mega Charizards and 2 mega Mewtwos didn't really do it for me.

In all fairness no gyms is still an assumption. A likely assumption but we don't know 100% that there will never be any gyms at any point in the game. For all we know with the Kalos references it could Gen 2 it's way back to Kalos and we could get badges there. The way the island trials are sort of coming of age story makes it sound like in Alola trainers do that in order to start journeys. I just have a feeling there's a lot more waiting for us.

Wow... been a while since I posted! Not since before Gen 6 was released I think... and now here we are waiting for Gen 7.

Anyways, on to business...

1: Concept Art
I like these designs a lot... much better than the Gen 6 starter final forms. I am a little disappointed Litten's final form is a biped, but he looks awesome, and with those big arms he can probably run around on all fours anyways. The other two are quite fine looking as well; this could be the first generation since Gen 4 that I liked all three starters final forms.

2: Chinese Leaks
All sounds plausible... although I'm a little hesitant to believe this leak.
-The claims are all a bit vague; Rockruff becomes a werewolf, new Pokemon include a snowman, a dolphin, a mushroom, a monkey, and a sea cucumber. Not particularly specific here, anyone can make these claims..
-Seems to get the no gyms and totem Pokemon correct, but to me, these sound like something that anyone can guess.
-The most accurate statement was the poison-fire Pokemon, but if I'm reading correctly Salandit was revealed the day before this was posted, so I'm not sure I'd call it proof.
-Marshadow has a very unique typing... not a lot of unique type combos left... but why would they call it a very unique typing? I mean, it's either unique or not... why say its very unique?

3: The Split Evo Leaks
Very interesting... although I do wonder what would compel the developers to make some of these decisions.
-Why would the starters have different final forms? I know they're trying to change things up, but why mess with the starters? Or will all the starters be getting some alternate Alola forms?
-VC RBGY retain their stats and typing?! I'm assuming they mean the +1o to various stats some Pokemon got last gen... and not that the Special Attack/Special Defense stats of RBGY Pokemon will match their Special stat... although that would be pretty interesting (imagine Mewtwo with 154 SPATK and SPDEF). And if typing stays the same, then does that mean a RBGY Clefairy is a Normal type? And a RBGY Magnemite is a pure Electric type? Will these be passed off as more 'alternate forms' like the new Alola forms? And if so, will they have different appearances then?
-Some old Pokemon will have unique appearances. This implies that some Pokemon will simply look different, but otherwise not actually be all that different.
-No new Mega Evolution? Are they totally abandoning the mechanic? Not that I'd be totally disappointed; the new forms and stat shifts add far more variety to older Pokemon than temporary transformations, and it sucks how many Pokemon got megas when what they really needed was a new, true evolution... and turning Rayquaza the weather dragon into a thoroughly broken god-slayer was not cool at all... still, it would seem weird for them to design all that for one generation and then not even bother to continue with it in the next...
-Ash-Greninja... are they actually going to add the synchro mechanic seen in the anime, or will this be some special Pokemon like the notch-earred Pichu? I can't imagine them adding the synchro mechanic; Pokemon transforming to match their trainers, how will that work when you can customize your character? And the more Pokemon that could use it, the more characters that would have to transform and match their customizable trainers...
-No more breeding incense... I like this idea... I always found it weird that post-gen 2 required you to use incenses to get the true baby forms of various Pokemon, or else you'd get their evolved forms instead. It's about time they just retconned that stuff out of existence.

4: The Real Leaks Leaks
More of the same from the previous leaks, although one thing really sticks to me.
-Transferring through the bank is the only way to get some older forms. I'm guessing they mean VC RGBY forms, right? I can transfer XYORAS Pokemon the old fashioned way, right?

-The most accurate statement was the poison-fire Pokemon, but if I'm reading correctly Salandit was revealed the day before this was posted, so I'm not sure I'd call it proof.
It does mention that although it was posted the day after Salandit was revealed on 4Chan, it had circulated for about 2 weeks before that on some Chinese forums.
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the leaked starters are real, especially now that Mallow is in one of the concept arts. I like Rowlet's final but I honestly prefer that clown seal and fire panther evolutions from the "Confirmed Fake thread," despite the creepy look of the seal.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the leaked starters are real, especially now that Mallow is in one of the concept arts. I like Rowlet's final but I honestly prefer that clown seal and fire panther evolutions from the "Confirmed Fake thread," despite the creepy look of the seal.
Yeah, I hold no more doubt that these are real. They've basically been confirmed, and there's absolutely nothing disproving them.

You mean the one with the strongman seal? Wow... I agree with @professorlight and what she said in the fake rumor forum. Those guys are creepy and that clown is the stuff of nightmares. Besides, Rowlet looks like a reaper, and Litten is some random panther. They just look creepy as hell. But that's just my opinion.

Back