A Bard's Tale! [YPPY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancy

Aristocrat
Hello, all. Today I want to introduce a game I made that I like to call "A Bard's Tale" which is also a YPPY game inspired by games where the posters of the community band together to create a story. Each round there is a King or a Queen, and Bards and Jesters (Everyone else who isn't the King or Queen) gathers around to form a story to entertain the Monarch.

But, the King or Queen isn't left out of this tale. The Monarch may pass "Taxes" which limits what can be posted. For example, he can pass a "Letter Tax" to limit the amount of "O"s that can be included in a single post for the story, or completely make the story devoid of the letter "O" and all the Bards and Jesters will have to tell a story abiding by the taxes. A full story is composed of five total posts, and once the story ends, the person to post after the story is completed becomes the new King.

Monarchs
The Monarch is able to utilize these taxes.. but keep in mind, you want to avoid getting overthrown and have your story actually completed. So, choose wisely under what taxes will the story prosper.. in order to be a Great King remembered by a Great Tale.

Word Tax- The Monarch limits the amount of words that can be included in a single post.
Character Tax- The Monarch limits the amount of 'characters' that can be used to make a word.
Genre Tax- The Monarch limits the story to a specific genre.
Rhyme Tax- The Monarch limits the Bards and Jesters to having to rhyme in every post.
[Always Required] Syntax- Creating sentences that add on to the story and make sense.
Letter Tax- The Monarch limits the Bards and Jesters to the amount of a certain letter they can use, or forbid them from using it at all!
Pun Tax- The Monarch wants to hear from his Jesters, and so each post must contain a joke, pun, or comedy in the form of words using no other sources, each still connecting to form a story.

As the Monarch, you also have the right to request what the story be about to your Bards. Like "I would like you to tell me the story of a farmer named Bob." or "I would like you to recount the story of how I became King." However, the Bards are able to take whatever liberties and freedoms you give them or do not explicitly forbid them from. So therefore, they are able to take comedic and silly twists to the story you request, like a Jester.

Bards
As Bards you are not powerless to the Monarch's demands. If the Monarch's taxes are too much of a price to pay for you to come up with a story, then you have the power to attempt to overthrow the current monarch. Only 6 people have to elect to Overthrow the Monarch, the person who first elected to Overthrow the King or Queen becomes the New Monarch and thusly, they can make the taxes and requests for their story under better conditions than the last Monarch.

It is YPPY for the Bards and Kings, so when telling a story as a Bard: Once you post, you must wait for two other Bards/Jesters to post before you can add onto the story once more. And similarly, once you have been a Monarch, you must wait for two other people to become a Monarch for you to take the throne once more and do not post until your story is complete.

I'd like you guys to use this format for suggesting an overthrow. You'll be able to list your suggested taxes below your vote to Overthrow and people can support your taxes and attempt to overthrow. By Overthrowing, it immediately counts to one vote for your cause, 5 other people must agree, as you can guess by having multiple people come up with their own ideas for overthrowing, it creates a division and it will be harder to actually achieve an overthrow. It's best to be united against tyranny, than divided.

Revolution Aristocrat said:
Code:
[b]Overthrow:  King Bob[/b]
Reformed Taxes: [Insert Tax A here]
[Insert Tax B here]
Insert Tax C here]

I'd also like for you to use the "like" button in order to support an Overthrow, as suggested by Ice Espeon. 5 other people must "like" your post in order for the Overthrow to come into effect.
[/quote]

You do not have to sign-up for this game, the only commitment is when you become King, where you have to make 1 post deciding what your taxes are and what you want your story to be, the King does not post otherwise until his story is complete where he becomes a fellow Bard as well for the telling of the next story!

The Bards and the Monarchs are both subject to the Universal rules of Pokebeach! I.e "A story must not be over PG13", and other user-friendly rules that make Pokebeach the nice fancy site that you and I have come to love. So keep them in mind when playing this game and the other members of the forum that play with you.

Approved until October 1st 10 PM (MST).

I am your new Lord and Master! Since I'll be overthrown incredibly soon, how about you tell me the story of how the FG moderators (me, Drohn, Athena, and Keeper) got around to approving this game. For my taxes, I'll make 1 tax: the word count tax, which means all Bards must make their part of the story between 20 and 30 words long (hope I didn't mess up any rules). And with that... I'm off!

"Once upon a time, there existed an incredibly harsh set of board rules on Pokebeach: no fanfics. Because of that, they needed more exciting writing tasks..."

And so a fancy aristocrat created a writing challenge, with a structure that created the tyrany of restricted speech within a forum that was so used to tasting freedom.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, could the process of overthrowing be performed based on likes rather than posts? It would be easier to count and it would automatically ensure that there would not be too many revolutions and not too many posts that were just there for voting.

But with the restriction came uprising. The people of FGs took to the streets with pitchforks and torches, storming towards the castle walls.

As they stormed the castle, King Machamp pleaded to his citizens. Fanfictions would be allowed forevermore! In regards to this day, a historical place was made.. The Writing Cafe'.

--

Thanks, Ice Espeon! The first post has been amended, and no deviation is done because no one has attempted to overthrow Machamp. And with this post, the next person to post an add-on for the story will end it. :D The Person after that is King.

This was a free place where they could stay. However unknown to them a new ruler was coming. His name was...

Lord Turtwig!

take that SF, I took your title

Hello, bards! I would love for you tell me the dramatic story of a Turtwig slaying the all-powerful Mega Charizard X. I would like to simply impose a Rhyming Tax so that it seems more poetic and fitting!

(I figured it was fitting since this has gone into the TWC realm now :p)

Edit: was hoping Drohn would see this and begin some fun competition. Disappointed.

Lets give this a try...

nnnn.gif

Overthrow: King Turtwig
Reformed Taxes:
Tax 1:
I would like the story to be about a Pokémon Office.
Tax 2: Each post must contain either the word "squishy" or "squeaky" or both.
Tax 3: Each post must have a minimum of 50 words.

(Sorry King Turtwig ^-^)

I like Turtwig's story idea. :(

This is a story about a Turtwig named Sally. She lived in a nice and peaceful valley. Then one day, a big shadow flew over the land. It was so frightening, Sally could hardly stand. She looked up to the sky, to see what the sun could be covered by. She found it was a strange black creature. It was Mega Charizard X, who had many scary features.

The dragon that was standing before her now had looked directly at Sally glaring, but another Turtwig rushed in front of Sally tired of staring. It's form was twisted and scary, which made the Charizard let out a battlecry, singing like a deformed canary. The Twisted Turtwig conjured a power from the Earth, as the Mega Charizard X took into the sky with a move called "Fly". Charizard declared that the battle was not of worth, until many other Turtwigs gathered around the Mega Charizard X to form a horde of ten.

The battle was not over, and it would begin again.

Why those evil Turtwig did not want to share the valley is a mystery,
That the amazing and good-willed Charizard just couldn't see.

The powerful Charizard might appear scary but had no intention to fight,
Yet he was given no choice when all the evil Turtwig came to unite.

Together they unleashed a strong and fearful attack,
But that wasn't even enough to push the mighty Charizard back.

Charizard was filled with pity for those mean Turtwig,
They were so tiny and he was so big.

Maybe their small size made them insecure, (lololol)
For that problem Charizard knew the solution for sure.

He came up with an idea to give their confidence a boost,
And so he landed back on earth and used the move Roost.

Entering a battle he never planned to win,
Charizard let the attack of the evil Turtwig begin.

Turtwig said:
Edit: was hoping Drohn would see this and begin some fun competition. Disappointed.
Take that you Charizard-hating plant with a small P.P.
(ILY really <3)

A horde of malicious Turtwigs used Razor Leaf
since they thought type matchups are only a stupid belief
the horrible result made good Charizard only feel grief
as he pretended to fight back with an attack called Thief
(he is a secret event ok just believe)
thus Charizard soon ran out of PPs
so he Struggled until he became beef.

After the battle ended, the dragon had fell and the Turtwigs were happier than they could ever foretell. The Turtwigs triumphantly went to tell their King, King Turtwig, which had a nice ring. As the Turtwigs fled, the Charizard stood up; it was only playing dead! It flew back to its home to be among its friends, after tying up loose odds and ends.

The Turtwigs were happy, but their achievement was all for naught. But, the Charizard sighed as it tried to rest. The Turtwigs were stronger than he thought.

But, as time passed, a New King would arrive, and with these taxes and outrageous requests.. People wondered how they would survive!
--
Next one to post becomes King! :D

Tax 1: I would like the story to be about a Pokémon Office.

Can I do this :D ?

Ice Espeon said:
Tax 1: I would like the story to be about a Pokémon Office.

Can I do this :D ?

Overthrow: Ice Espeon
Reformed Taxes:
Tax 1: I would like the story to be about the Forums shutting down.
Tax 2: Each post must contain the name of a Mod, Super Mod, or higher.
Tax 3: Each post must have a maximum of 50 words.

"Pokémon Office by Silph Co.! With Mewtwo's Word, Alakazam's Excel, Smeargle's PowerPoint, Pidgey's Outlook, Porygon's Access and many other useful programs, Pokémon Office will make your life easier!"
"Yeah right", Pikachu said as he turned of the TV.
Then he went to his laptop and started Mewtwo's Word so he could type up a fanfiction about Mewthree, but then he remembered Mega Mewtwo X and Y but he still wasn't satisfied so he began a fanfiction about Mewfive.
He woke up. Oops, looks like he fell asleep after writing that squishy fic. He had better hurry to work, where the next story will take place - the Pokémon Office of Silph Co. that is responsible for Pokémon Office! Yeah, Silph has some Pokémon programmers... weird bunch.

Ice Espeon has been overthrown. I'll make the first post of Alex's story.

Times have been hard for PokeBeach moderators in recent times. The forums were growing and growing more by the day. Since Pokemon L and R came out, PokeBeach had around 300 member on at a time. With so many members, Water Pokemon Master finally had enough of it all...

Water Pokemon Master said "ENOUGH! I'm tired of moderating all of these forums by myself! None of the other Staff wants to help anymore! I'm shutting the forums down, and I'll do it by..."

Post count! Each day I will have my assistant Shining Raikou ban the person with the lowest post count until only we are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back