8/9 - Octillery from EX UFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Able to do 120 damage after two turn. This is good. But, pity, it takes 2 turn. 2 for 30 is way too little, especially for metal pokemon that has metal energy.

well, theorylly its good, as each 2 turns u can layout 120 dmg ! no kidding!

but the down side is, if u dont have energy each turn, ur doomed!~

and further more, to do 120 dmg each 2 turns and need to discard energy for that to happen is bad!!
why? u might ask, well, this is simply bcoz if u keep focusing only to attach energies to active octillery, u wont have a back up pkms or another octillery rdy to battle after the first one got KOed

I don't find the energy laying problem too large of one if Octillery is combined in a multiple-energy laying deck. For example, the review already listed Meganium ex (I think), but also Walrein (As well as its pre-evolution of Sealeo) can get an extra energy attached every turn w/ Power Circulation & Crush Draw. Or combining Magcargo w/ Crush Draw has the same effect. Granted it's not as effective as Energy Rain w/ Blastoise ex, but it could still work if played well. Or, another possibility in the future would be combining w/ Flygon d once you can make every pokemon delta (Don't remember who will do that in the future). So, I'd say overall the potential to do 120 on turn two possibly turn three, provided you can evolve fast enough, is quite nice.

bass_forte said:
Just want to point out - DarkJake's review in the Limited part accidentally refers to it as UNlimited.

What are you talking about? I could've sworn I fixed that...either way it's fixed now ;/

in theory its a good card, but there are WAY too many ways to counter him. Paralysys, Sleep, Pow! etc. and if he is swapped out then there goes that 120 damage, because unless he's in a multiple energy attachment deck, u gotta use the NRG to retreat the pokemon. Unless there is a 0 retreat cost.

Its a good card but it is all too true that there are numerous ways to counter it but if i were to put it in a deck i would definitley combo it with energy-retrieving trainers like power tree or energy restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back