(7) Lots of News [12/24]

The cartridge box design takes as almost same layout as japanese ver.
But the box was inside paper box in japanese version. Will they take same style???

Yeah that sounds cool. I would have preferred Panpour to be something like Pansoak or something like that. That way, it still represents water and the second syllable starts with an S like the others.

The English names for the monkies are nice, so hopefully their evolutions will get names that are equally as nice.

When I first saw the updated movie site, it looked like they just went back to Meteora for the location scouting. xP I never knew so many places had that look. It'll be interesting to see how they use the location in the film.

I am just wondering.......what could those two dates mean? March 4th and March 6th. I hope Pokemon Black and White are released on March 6th. March 6th is a sunday after all! The monkeys names are cool. I must say we have had a decent news week for the US!

A agree, I think that the Monkey trio names are better. We have had a successful news week. Also, my birthday is March 5th, right in between those 2 dates, :p.

The Final Evo name for the Trio are (as a guess ends with the word "Zee")

Yanakii: Cazzee (Cassia (s is now a z) + Zee (Word for Chimpanzee))
Baokii: Flarzee (Flare + Zee (again))
Hiyakii: Fountzee (Fountain + Zee (as always))

(EDIT: Ihe I'm Editing Hydrazee, it's now Fountzee)

Good name huh?

What does hydra have to do with water? (unless you're distorting the word 'hydro')

@XieRH The Hydra was an ancient Greek monster whose name comes from the Greek word Hydro, but I don't like the first prefixes of those names anyway. Using "Zee" is cool.

I think I can predict the last evolutions' english names for the monkey trio. I say that Yanakii is going to be Sagekey, or something. Then Baokii, Pourkey, or something. Last I say Hiyakii will be Searakey, the reason I say these names is because they start with the same name as their previous evolution, (Ex: Yanappu - Yanakii, Pansage - Sagekey.) These are probably bad guesses, remember tepig's japanese name meant Pork Fire Oink? Now it means Tepid Pig.

pikhu2000 said:
Are the Darkrai X and Cresselia X Tournament Legal?

Unfortunately not. They both have Great Encounter logos on them and that set is rotated out. So yeah, not able to be used in Tournaments. _-_

I picked up both boxes just for collection purposes and the Legends are really neat. The Dialga box is a huge steal with two great Level Xs in it. I hope they have some cooler reprints than Houndoom and Hitmonlee. What is so far released from the set is promising though. My mom got the holiday calendar and it looks pretty cool in person. I wonder what those dates could mean...Awesome, another five Pikachu for me lol. There's a lot of Events coming out in January. That's a good thing I guess, although they probably should have spaced them out more. I absolutely love the Monkey names. They all make perfect sense to me; they really couldn't have done a better job with them IMO. I'm glad some names are being kept the same, especially considering they changed the whole Region name. All of this points to B/W coming out in the near future. Hopefully in this upcoming month, an official release date will be released so the rumors can stop. And nice banner, Xous. ;)

dmaster out.

Pikhu2000 said:
Are the Darkrai X and Cresselia X Tournament Legal?
This would be better if asked in Rulings and Card Questions where professors such as myself are much more likely to see. Unless it has been reprinted as a promo, it is not legal.

edit: Didn't realize Dmaster addressed that.

@LV and Asrialys: I have earned quite a few points and still haven't received the TPCI holiday card yet. It probably will show up within a few days.

i'm wondering if Black and white will be released in march and NOT april, the only reason i think this, is because the 3DS is due out in march (US and Europe) and if the 3DS is released BEFORE black and white, everyone will be buying 3DS games and the 3DS console. and seeing as black and white are just normal DS games, I doubt they will sell many. (unless nintendo has a sneaky 3D update for it, and judging by the new 3D style battle sequences, it may be a possibility)

but this is just my opinion, what do you guys think?

I don't think the game will be made to release before the 3DS just for that reason.

People already know its a normal DS game.

If they already want to buy BW, they will do so regardless of whether or not the 3DS is around when BW comes out.

Here is my reasons why I think Black and White will be released in March....
1.Nintendo already confirmed Q1 2011 on their financial sheet in Novemeber, so why is April even still being talked about?
2. PokemonBlackWhite.com has been opened, and revealing english information since November, What was the point of opening the english site in November if the games weren't going to be out for another 5 months after that?
3. As most of us already know, Gamestop is very unreliable when it comes to release dates, They did the same thing with HeartGold and SoulSilver, just giving placeholder dates.
4.Shiny Beasts events start in January, Ash's Pikachu will only be available for 1 week in February, Zoroark:Master of Illusions air on February 5th, which is early February compared to Movie 10 and 11's February's airdates. Why are they starting these events early if Black and White won't be out until April? I know it's to tie in with the release of Call of Legends, but still even if they are to tie in with Call of Legends, they didn't have to start the events the first week in January, But we still need Celebi so if Black and White are coming out in March, Then it would make perfect sense why they want to start the shiny beasts events in the very beginning of January, because we need Celebi still, and we will probably have the Celebi event in late February, Early March, since it also is in the movie. Then Black and White will probably be out right after.
5.Why would Nintendo start sending out display boxes out already if the games weren't going to be released until April?
6.Think about everything that has been said above and what do you think? What would you think?

A lot of your points say things like "why is so-and-so happening now if the game is only going to be out in April"...

...the difference between March and April is only a mere 30+ days... I don't think it's a difference that's significant enough to be of much concern anyway.

Not to mention the High Chance of Black and White coming out before the Nintendo 3DS, which is already slated for a March 2011 release in North America.

March 6th was one of date TPCi had highlighted on the calandar. They had March 6th because they had already knew the games would come out on that day. Now the question is......why is March 4th also Highlighted? What does March 4th mean? Obviously something Black and White related before the games come out. Someone on Bulbagarden news forum brought up a good point and I think so too! I think it's safe to say now that Best Wishes will debut on March 4th!

Back