(7) Lots o' News [9/29]

But pokemon have been killed before. Especially in pokespe, that manga which everyone seems to really love.

Plus, the anime and other stories don't strictly follow every single rule in the game, so comments about learning mega punch via move tutor, or the supposed effectiveness of certain attack are kind of void (let's not forget how pikachu OHKO'ed an ELECTRIC-IMMUNE ground-type geodude at pewter city's gym battle)

The pokemon releasing stuff was done way back in Colosseum/XD when you went around "liberating" pokemon with funny purple odours. Besides we all know that the only free pokemon is a wild pokemon.

I mean you gotta think there's no reason why vine whip couldn't choke a pikachu, it wouldn't be s"super effective". But I'm pretty sure it would hurt. And geodude has 2 arms and that's it. In my book he can punch. You gotta take size and mass into consideration with movies. If a chikorita whooped up on a big ole onix it would look weird and unlikely.
That why I like video games tho, little pokemon with high stats can beat on giants ones.
Or like combee doing 80 dmg in the tcg hahaha

Oh, that movie actually looks interesting!
Or maybe I'm tired of, "Oh No! Pikachu!"
Anyway, I hope that movie comes out onto something I can see it. I'd really like to see it. And WPM, if you ever decide to make a Pokemon Movie, I'm right behind you. I take a film class (Although it's only middle school...)

As for why people don't like it, people say that it's too much fighting. If you actually read the article, the plot is that it's about 30 years in the future, and Pokemon has gone to fights, like those. Here's the synopsis:

Pokemon Live-Action movie synopsis said:
Synopsis: Celadon City hasn't been the same since the Gyms closed down. Pokémon fighting has gone underground, and the sport has gotten a taste for blood. Ash, Misty, and Brock have been forced deep into the city's seedy underbelly to keep training, but the Pokémon aren't the only ones in danger. Now, Ash must choose to either become a master in the grim world of illegal pokémon fighting, or make a desperate stand to free them all from the criminal grip of Rocket Industries.
See?

The plot is actually interesting. Way different than what we are more than tired to see. Team Rocket also looks really evil (actually, they are a complete joke only in the anime)

Decmaster said:
people say that it's too much fighting

I get that feeling a lot when playing the games, when I have to grind through all those levels. It was ok the first time round but it soon easily became a chore.

But yeah in pokemon there is no such thing as "too much fighting" as far as the game philosophy is concerned. That is why to increase a stat by just 1 point, you must defeat 4 pokemon on average. And yes the amount adds up. I had a friend who joked that EV training was "mass genocide" because you'd be mowing down tons and tons of the same species of wild pokemon.

Matt_Laka said:
Team Rocket also looks really evil

The 4th movie and Legend of Thunder has shown that TR can have a truly evil side. It's just that the anime guys have chosen not to turn Jessie, James and Meowth into Viciouses/Bashous/Busons.

For the most part in the anime, the real villains are never jessie, james and meowth. They are running gags, comic relief, whatever you wanna call it. The real villains are the local villain team or the occasional recurring scarybad villain (Pokemon Hunter J).

I can pay off the 300 bucks x] anywho, I'm glad that movie is fanmade. It had too be. It was totally crappy. BUT it was funny how Jigglypuff was a stripper at "the lickitung gentlemans club" ahaha and meowth with his gun!

Thank god for my birthday being in February, guess I won't be buying anything until the 3DS.

I bet it'll be $250 when it comes to the US though.

@Thread Creator.

If this is your dream then your a total disgrace to pokemon...live-action movies are just WRONG.

REVOLT! {F}

Opinions on the live action trailer:
While I know I agree with most people saying how I'd hate it, I know atleast 2 people who would've watched the whole thingand loved it provided the original creator wanted to continue it. Shame because it might actually be a better movie than we'd expect if we simply had the whole thing (Maybe the person might release a plot summary atleast?).
Opinions on the 3DS's price of 25,000 yen:
Kind of expected it in a way, but even then that's NOTHING in compared to what it could've been. It's hardware is perfectly suited for rendering pictures and video in 3D effects, all without glasses as well. In comparison to the PS3's upcoming 3D support, just the PS3 with not 3D nowadays is around the same price (For all the hardware necessary to display 3D effects would cost atleast double the price or $1,000+), and you also need silly glasses for it to work (Which I don't think I'd be able to wear myself given how I NEED glasses just to see clearly, and I don't think 3D Glasses can go over regular ones like that). The 3DS will most likely be the first success story of home 3D entertainment, be it cheaper price in comparison to competitors or the fact no glasses are needed, this thing is a revolution (And it's already got some killer apps being made for it, such as Ocarina of Time 3D and many others from a big list).

@Valkyrie1: >_> I only see one disgrace here.

Also if you though the 3DS is going to be under $200 then you are living on fantasy island. I think you forgot that it has technology in it that has never been seen before, well I at least never seen it, so it's going to be pricey. Though it'll be lowered when it's released over here.

What's with the the 3DS have two different colored screens? Is it going to be like that for all color schemes? Because it doesn't look right...

I want 2 watch it in english next spring 2 come on CN. I think I'm right it, YOU TOLD SO that Iris's pokemon Reshiram. When I read summary on
Bulbapedia,she disappeared the night when Ash & Pikachu saw Reshiram as shooting star & asked Zekrom. My guess's she's Reshiram & want 2 go w/ Ash 2 fight Zekrom.

Remember early episodes w/ Misty? They're darker than the 1s u guys seen on US. Look at movies, they're more darker. Don't forget Ash died in the 1st movie.

My Black Team
Daikenki
Zoroark
Mebukijika
Onondo
Wargle
Reshiram

I think the episodes we're really good but "I think I'm right it, YOU TOLD SO that Iris's pokemon Reshiram. When I read summary on
Bulbapedia,she disappeared the night when Ash & Pikachu saw Reshiram as shooting star & asked Zekrom. My guess's she's Reshiram & want 2 go w/ Ash 2 fight Zekrom." What are you talking about she didn't see reshiram.

I meant Iris's might be Reshiram in human form & Zekrom's her counter part. She joined Ash & find Zekrom.

I'm sorry I confused u.

@Sweet Dawn Berlitz: Erm regarding the 2 coloured schemes for the 3DS screens. Like the Black-blue one especially. It is a hardware limitation. If the black coloured part surrounding the 3D screen up there isn't black, the 3D effect coming from that 3D screen would be limited. Basically the black colour allows our eyes to experience the 3D better in that sense. Mainly because of how our eyes work i think.

@ dividePower: But, if that's the case, there would be better color combinations to increase the 3D, right?

Back