Pokemon 5th Generation Discussion

give it a dunsparce evo that pwns and something nice like a pinser evo or a dragon/ice=invincible and a sableye and mawileevo's.... wow that's a big wish list =F

Yes, Dragons are weak to Ice attacks, but I don't believe it is the other way around. That means that Dragon still hits it super-effectively.

hmmm i guess... but dunsparce is in serious need of an evo... i feel bad for him.... only people who are forced to use him use him =F

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Trapinch is an antlion. Spinda is a panda.

Dunsparce does have an evolution, his name is Togekiss.

lol...no togekiss is the evolved form of togetic which comes from togepi!
poor dunsparce yet to have an evolution line...

I think he should have a pre-evo...yet the next generation will come a LOOONG time later....

There hast to be like at least one pokemon in each generation that doesnt evolve. I think they should definintly make an evolution for shuckle. I mean that would be awsome and i bet it would actually be powerfull. Ive been saying this for a long time (or at least thinking it) but i think Lapras needs a baby evolution ( however want to call that). That would be really cool i think.

You know what a great dual-type would be fire/water or ghost/ground with levitate it's resistant to normal, fighting, electric, and ground, how's that for pwnage!

bug/fire>bug/ice>fire/grass>fire/ice>fire/water. Anyway, the only pokemon that needs an evo is Farfeth'd. Go ducks! Anyway, a dark/ground whouldn't be bad. With water drain 0.o

Its a little early for speculation, but ok...

If they WERE to make a 5th gen, they would DEFINITELY need a Dodrio evo. Thresio...

Also, another Hitmon-. Hitmonhead...? Lol. Something to do with the body.

PMJ said:
Dunsparce already has an evolution. Its called Togekiss
This made me laugh SO hard :p

shakir99 said:
Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Trapinch is an antlion. Spinda is a panda.

Dunsparce does have an evolution, his name is Togekiss.

lol...no togekiss is the evolved form of togetic which comes from togepi!

Okay you obviously didn't get the joke there ¬_¬

<rant>
And K&M... if you're going to quote me, do it right. What you did is similar to me doing this:

ash ketchup said:
y r u guys speculateng about 5th gen we jus got 4th gen

i think dodorio shoud evolv in 2 Thresio

also there shoud b a hitmonhead, get it?? lol sumthin 2 do with the body.

The quote pretty much contains what you said, but you didn't say exactly that, did you? The whole point of quoting someone is to quote them, not paraphrase them.
</rant>

AntiKrozz said:
Blissey an evolution? hell forbides it. i´d like to see and improved defensed Heracross ( i know he´s powerful as it is now but hey, didn´t Rhydon got one too?)...jynx deserves an evolution too, why only magmar and electabuzz? ....more eeveelutions for the sake of seeing all types, another snow warning pokemon....that´d be good.
Heracross is already powerful enough, with only a few counters such as Gliscor and Skarmory. Moreover, we don't need an even more powerful Blissey counter. :O

Jynx is still good.

I think that Torkoal should evolve. He is good but with an evo he could be even better.

For pokemon platinum and something, i would like a bigger panda pokemon, a cute koala pokemon (can be a starter), a peacock (looks complicated but they can make one) and lots of other weird water creatures...thats all for me:D

BLISSEY2'S BASE STATS LOL

HP 255
Atk 20
Def 50
SpAtk 90
SpDef 165
Speed 70

LOL UBER

Anyway, to clarify, I was speaking of a split evolution for Chansey, a la Kirlia into Gallade or Gardevoir; Chansey into Blissey or Detessey.

I'd like to see Gym Leaders just be strong. Pokemon is an RPG; Gym Leaders are this RPG's bosses. Giving every Gym a type to use is just screaming "Use the same Pokemon, same move about 40 times, level him up about 5 times, and cream our leader without breaking a sweat please." It annoys me. Look at Cynthia's team:

Spiritomb - Milotic - Roserade - Garchomp - Gastrodon - Lucario

The fight against her is without a doubt the toughest in the entire game. Why should great teams like this be restricted to the Champion? We haven't seen a very varied Champion's team since RBY.

And if you absolutely must give all the Gyms a single type, at least give them something to cover their weaknesses. Be creative.

Here's an idea: give the player free reign. Don't make the storyline 100% linear. Change leaders' teams based on the order you challenge them in. Put some storyline after X number of leaders defeated.

More ideas...

1. Stop making us 10-year-old kids.

2. Revamp the storyline. "catch pokeymen and oh yeah thwart evil while ur at it" works, I realize, but the next game could be so much more interesting if stopping the bad guys was your first priority. Completing the Pokedex can come later, you have a world to save! Gym Leader defeating could be a side quest available postgame (this would also be a great excuse to make all the Gym Leaders have Lv.70+ Pokemon, also destroys the "beat the leaders in this order exactly" thing that GSC had, best gen ever by the way). Victory Road is replaced with the villain's main base, where the toughest of tough bar your path to the boss. The fight where you would normally battle the Elite Four and the Champion is scrapped in favor of the evil organization's leader and his top aides. I want to write the story for the next gen of games. Everyone will love it.

3. The evil organization should not be a wacky gang of losers. This game has always been rated E for everyone, but... agh. How about some actual evil going on? Taking hostages can only get you so far. Team Galactic blew up a lake, but were there any casualties? Of course not. If this team is to be hated and feared, how about they start doing something that would make them worthy of being feared? No one ever dies in Pokemon. That oughta change. Would mentioning a person's death crank up the rating?

And on the subject of evil organizations...

4. It should not be SOP to hand a grunt a Zubat and expect them to stand up to the hero. The villians' teams are ridiculous. I'd like way more variation between the grunts. Evolved Pokemon should not be restricted to the admins. Admins should have high-level Pokemon. Who cares if the grunt you just fought has a Sharpedo too? I don't. Even as you near the end of the game, you're still going up against would-be superpowered Zubats. Level 40 Numel? What's wrong with these people? Not only does it make the entire organization look like morons that can't even evolve their Pokemon, the experience you get from them SUCKS. Way to prepare us for the Elite Four.

5. No more Bug Catchers with level 37 Wurmple. There is such a thing as too easy, you know... give Wurmple a spot in the first dungeon for the sake of the Pokedex and maybe on a few Trainers in the surrounding area and never put him on a team ever again. This is comparable to giving someone in the Elite Four a Graveler or a level 97 Combee.

I also have a few choice words about the Light type, but that'll be for another rant. :)

Back